Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

Cockpit DVD

Can anyone recommend a good site where i can purchase some cockpit DVD

Thx alot, i just ordered and paid for the A320 simulator and the 5 hour concorde dvd from itvv, has anybody here ordered from this place, hope it all turns out well :).OHN

I have the ITVV vids, they are very well done.It is interesting that you post this here tonight. I just received today my two DVD's from Just Planes. Honestly, to me they are very very poor. Very amature compared to my ITVV 747-400 (and others). In fact, I am on these forumns only because I could not bring myself to even finish watching the first one (flybe). First of all, it is simply a guy in a jump seat with a vid camera, period. The sound quality, balance, and content is so poor I thought I blew my sound card (I really did, I stopped the vid and ran some checks).Forget any type of exchange with the pilots, it is as if the vid guy is not even there, which would not be too bad if we could here any of their exchanges. Second, if I see any more shots looking outside down at the ground, I am giving it to my kid as a frisbee, I can get that as a pax (I dont even live in the UK, show me what they do! not what they fly over!). Here is the deal, I am into this video for 55 minutes, I have seen a shot of the FMC for only 3 seconds (literally counted), one page, I kid you not. Here is the kicker, he has not even panned the overhead much less steadied on it, or steadied on it when they are doing somthing with it god forbid. What I get is passing ground shots of who knows where while you can make out sounds of switches, horns, dings and comms very dimly in the background (stuff going on? I dont know - didnt see it). Damn, I dont mean to rant here but it really upsets me after such a long wait for it. I am telling you, these vids are not shot for folks like you and I, they are an simple overview showing countryside - no discussions, techniques, processes, checklisting or any type of interaction with the flightcrew during the flights coupled with the poor shot selections that really tell you nothing of what it is really like.Sorry, you just happened to bring this up tonight, maybe I got the wrong ones (flybe and transavia). Flybe I shelved, on Tuesday I giving the transavia a 15 minute go - if it more of the same I ship it all back on Wed. and ordering somthing, anything, from ITVV just to calm my nerves and elighten me.Just my rant(aw forget it, I checking the return policy right now)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

The World Air Routes series started out as just giving the viewer the chance to fly around, and get to see the sites, in and out of the cockpit. Mainly to see the places around the world that you may never get the chance to see. Then, after a while, they started adding the cockpit tours, walk-arounds, etc. There are a couple of different philosophies going on here. I have the ITV videos, and other in-cockpit videos, where the crew goes on and on explaining everything in various degrees of detail. I really don't need to see that kind of thing in every video. If you've seen the ITV, "Boeing 747-200 'Classic'" video, flying with the Virgin 005/006 from London to Miami and back, you may understand what I mean. If you can stay awake through the F/E's instructional "tour" of his panel, you have more tolerance for it than I do. :) It seems as if he starts the dissertation right after they reach cruise altitude, and finishes when they are starting to descend. :-lol And once I've been educated on how a certain cockpit works, I don't need to see it again on every video where they're flying the same type of aircraft. If you've seen the ITV Cathay Pacific 747-400 video, you can't rally even see out the cockpit window on the checkerboard approach. Anyway, I've enjoyed most the WAR videos. I like to see the scenery in some of these areas that they fly to. If I forget how something works in the cockpit, I can always go back to the ITV versions. :) I think that between ITV and WAR, they just give us good variety of different persepctives. :)

BobK

I highly recommend the ITVV series. The Virgin 747-400 from LHR to SFO is exellent as well as the rest of the dvd's and vid's.Tried the World air routes series (UA777 ORD-LHR), very amature. camera man seems to spend more time filming out of the windows than filming the going's on in the cockpit.

Hi Bob, I have followed your posts here for a long time, and appreciate your response, well stated.>The World Air Routes series started out as just giving the>viewer the chance to fly around, and get to see the sites, in>and out of the cockpit. Mainly to see the places around the>world that you may never get the chance to see. Then, after a>while, they started adding the cockpit tours, walk-arounds,>etc. I did not know this, it indicates on their site with the snapshots that these vids are more inclusive vs. a travel tale. I understand why they dont have a video snippet as I feel that their sales may drop due to quality and content. I should have researched their history a bit more. >>There are a couple of different philosophies going on here. I>have the ITV videos, and other in-cockpit videos, where the>crew goes on and on explaining everything in various degrees>of detail. I really don't need to see that kind of thing in>every video. If you've seen the ITV, "Boeing 747-200>'Classic'" video, flying with the Virgin 005/006 from London>to Miami and back, you may understand what I mean. If you can>stay awake through the F/E's instructional "tour" of his>panel, you have more tolerance for it than I do. :) It seems>as if he starts the dissertation right after they reach cruise>altitude, and finishes when they are starting to descend.>:-lol And once I've been educated on how a certain cockpit>works, I don't need to see it again on every video where>they're flying the same type of aircraft. Agreed, I too would not enjoy a repeat of cockpit operations on the same aircraft across mutiple videos. However, in my case I was specifically looking for the 'ops' angle for this particular plane. >>If you've seen the ITV Cathay Pacific 747-400 video, you can't>rally even see out the cockpit window on the checkerboard>approach. Point taken, I dont have this video. >>Anyway, I've enjoyed most the WAR videos. I like to see the>scenery in some of these areas that they fly to. If I forget>how something works in the cockpit, I can always go back to>the ITV versions. :)Understood, thanks.>>I think that between ITV and WAR, they just give us good>variety of different persepctives. :)Agreed, and at a cost of 60.00 USD, thus endith the lesson(Alpha, I obviously agree with you also)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Just spend 5 hours watching the Concorde cockpit dvd, absolutely amazing stuff. Couldnt help laugh a little when i remembered in FS2002 i downloaded a concorde thinking it was a cool plane to play around with. Now i know it is quite impossible for one man to fly this fantastic plane, that fuel system alone is just so complicated that i doubt we will ever see that in FS2004.OHN