Sign in to follow this  
mikkel

The MD-11 is my favourite PMDG simulation, and certainly the most interesting plane so far...

The audio, systems and external visual model is still top of the line. I know PMDG has said that the MD-11 is EOL, but everything changes, even Prepar3d support is coming for a few other models. A compability update to Prepar3d v2 and a touch-up of the virtual cockpit would be my biggest wish for the FS-scene. Although i'm not working with financials at PMDG, I think it could be an idea to make this the first PMDG Prepar3d product, to get some extra sales on this great simulation... Just my two cents.

• Upvote 3

PMDG have said numerous times: no more MD-11.

They are in bed too tightly with Boeing to do this unfortunately. The 747 was for FS9, later FSX, and that can somehow be ported in a V2 effort, so not sure why a native FSX product (as the MD-11 is) can't be upgraded/see a service pack.

Need to be careful on this topic as it can soon turn ugly, but that is the situation unfortunately. :(

Best regards,

Robin.

• Upvote 1

MD-11 and MD-10 are Boeing products as of 1997, they still make/convert MD-10's I think, and MD-11 seems popular with freight companies. I don't think there are any conflict there... However I do believe that PMDG could generate some extra income by doing a retouch of the VC and relaunch it as their first Prepar3d v2 product. 

I can only speak for myself. The only reason I bought PMDG MD-11 in the first place had to do with the fact that it was the only high-end jetliner for FSX at the time. I had no interest in the MD-11, but it turned out to be the most fun and interesting simulation I ever bought.

• Upvote 3

I loved the MD-11, and when I heard PMDG were doing it for FSX, I went crazy.

Whilst MD is part of Boeing, Boeing still hate them. It took them this long to finally admit the winglet design MD came out with actually work.

MD have a lot of very good ideas, technologically, that Boeing simply will not use. The voice alerting system is one example. The Helios crash wouldn't have happened if Boeing had used the MD alerting system (it says CABIN ALTITUDE, instead of the stupid idea Boeing had of using the gear warning horn!).

Where have we seen this before? :P :P :P

http://ainonline.com/sites/default/files/uploads/603-split-scimitar-blended-winglet-in-flight_0.jpg

http://www.blogsouthwest.com/wp-content/uploads/files/blusk/winglet_2.jpg

In the Boeing/MD merger, the wrong company prevailed. :(

Best regards,

Robin.

• Upvote 5

I was born & raised 5.7 miles from Boeing Field where my ol' Man was executive manager at the wind tunnel from the late 40's to the mid-90's; running Aero Labs Data Systems.

The more I know about Boeing, I just gotta say... The world doesn't revolve around Boeing. And it ain't my first rodeo if you know what I mean.

Signed,

Diehard, avid, ate-up, knock-down, drag-out MD-11 freak. Oh, and the A340-600, as well. 

• Upvote 2

I can only say one thing about the PMDG MD-11: it is the easiest plane to hand fly.

I'd love to see it in P3D though I doubt it will ever be the case. 

They said the legacy products will not be in p3dv2. It really just leaves the MD11 out unfortunatly. The 747 is getting an overhaul, and the 737 models are replaced with NGX. There is just no love for the MD11. 

Agreed on a great aircraft. Still fly it even though 777 is out.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I think the problem for PMDG is that the MD-11 was not a commercial success like the NGX and 777 so they cannot justify putting any resources into it for P3D. 

...or maybe a slight vc update and Prepar3d compatibility would give some extra return on the investment already done? The systems, audio, simulations and external model are up to par... 

They said the legacy products will not be in p3dv2. It really just leaves the MD11 out unfortunatly. 

They also said they never were going to make their planes for Prepar3d, things can change... 

I think saying its EOL is a little much. They do still support it, they just aren't going to be developing new patches or packs or updates for it. I didn't fly this plane for a very long time (over 2 years) but have flown it a fair bit in the last month. What a wonderful, wonderful bird.

• Upvote 1

I think saying its EOL is a little much. They do still support it, they just aren't going to be developing new patches or packs or updates for it. I didn't fly this plane for a very long time (over 2 years) but have flown it a fair bit in the last month. What a wonderful, wonderful bird.

Yes, and compared to the Boeings I find it much more interesting to fly! The Boeings are like Wolksvagen, but flying the MD11 is like being in an exotic Citroën. 

An updated virtual cockpit and Prepar3d v2 support would be fantastic!

If I remember rightly, a subscriber offered an improved VC but it was turned down. :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

The MD is still my favourite bird.

• Upvote 3

Dave Taylor gb.png