Sign in to follow this  
mikkel

The MD-11 is my favourite PMDG simulation, and certainly the most interesting plane so far...

Was the JS4100 a commercial success? Honestly I see there being more interest in an MD-11 for P3D than the JS4100...

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

I have the MD11 And would like to see if anyone could get it to do the bounce on landing. And see what happens.

The MD-11 and the NGX win alone on cockpit colors. I have flown the CS 752, 762, and 763 and the PMDG 744, 748, and 777. When I fly the latter six aircraft I keep a bucket by the desk in case I puke because the cockpit colors make me sick.

Indeed the -11 was/is my favorite PMDG product.  Certainly the 777 is a close second, as the -200ER is my favorite commercial aircraft in reality, and we'll see how SP1 does with it.  The -11 was a perfect balance of technology and age in my opinion, performed well in FS (supported FS9 and X, which was a plus for me), was different enough to make for a fun learning curve, and did have some great sounds and environmental feel (I remember hearing those engines start on my bass the first time, goosebumps).  I had been following it since day 1 of its development on the edge of my seat.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

PMDG have said numerous times: no more MD-11.

They are in bed too tightly with Boeing to do this unfortunately.

I know this is old, but I have to address that comment:

1. Boeing bought McDonnell-Douglas and owns the MD-11 program/rights.

2. Our relationship with Boeing does not dictate which products we make.

The reason the MD-11 is dead is because it sold a fraction of the number that anything else we've made has. Simple as that unfortunately - I agree that it's a very cool airplane and I wish the market was there for us to do a new version, but it isn't. A few vocal supporters on the forum isn't indicative of the overall market.

• Upvote 3

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The reason the MD-11 is dead is because it sold a fraction of the number that anything else we've made has.

Possibly the reason was because many would be buyers were intimidated by what they thought was it's complexity. In particular many people are left scratching their head when it comes to the FMS and want no part of it.

I would hope that the PMDG MD-11 did not reflect what happened in the RW commercial market. If it did, it is understandable why PMDG is done with it.

Thank you.

if md-11 is dead, please make a real discount on it so that we can buy it while waiting 747 v2  :Nerd:

• Upvote 1

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

i love md11!!!

• Upvote 3

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

I know this is old, but I have to address that comment:

1. Boeing bought McDonnell-Douglas and owns the MD-11 program/rights.

2. Our relationship with Boeing does not dictate which products we make.

The reason the MD-11 is dead is because it sold a fraction of the number that anything else we've made has. Simple as that unfortunately - I agree that it's a very cool airplane and I wish the market was there for us to do a new version, but it isn't. A few vocal supporters on the forum isn't indicative of the overall market.

Ryan, I liked it so much I bouhgt it for both FS9 and FSX and Bought the AoA training for it too. :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Agreed, I would buy it today for FSX if you made it half price. If sales are so poor and there is no chance of additional development why would you not do that?

Rodney Hudlow

• Upvote 1

Why should any company compromise their price point?!?

To make more sales, of course!

It is PMDG's prerogative, but with a significant and well-advertised price reduction I think they very well could drive more sales they otherwise wouldn't make. Keep in mind they're asking $80 for a 5 1/2 year old product. That's just $10 less than the state-of-the-art 777. The quality bar has been raised quite significantly in the past five years, prominently by PMDG themselves! 

Please don't take my comments as some sort of whine about the price - I'm perfectly comfortable with not flying the MD-11 and keeping her out of my collection. That said, I would give it quite a second glance if the price dropped significantly.

If the MD-11's sales are truly stagnant, why not give it a shot? For software that's now considered a "legacy product", I don't think they're going to get too many more takers with their original asking price. Why not drum up more sales!  Compared against the bread-and-butter Boeing twin engine, I think the unique nature of the MD-11 resulted in far fewer "Must have it!" customers, and many more "It'd be nice, but..." customers.

An unprecedented price drop and promotion might just push a lot of those "It'd be nice, but..." customers to the PMDG storefront, earning them sales they otherwise might never make...

Just some casual food for thought,

-Greg

My thoughts exactly. I flew the MD-11 in FS9 for quite some time but I have built a new PC and now only fly FSX. No way I am going to pay $80 again for a five year old product that I know will never be advanced. Mark it down to 40 though and you would have a sale. Many developers discount their products occasionally as do most retailers. It's called generating as much revenue as possible. I can't see how PMDG would have anything to lose by doing this. Except additional revenue! I'm sure they have their reasons and of course it is their business decision to make. $80 was certainly a fair price six years ago but if it didn't sell at that price when new why not try a discount now?

Rodney Hudlow

To make more sales, of course!

It is PMDG's prerogative, but with a significant and well-advertised price reduction I think they very well could drive more sales they otherwise wouldn't make. Keep in mind they're asking $80 for a 5 1/2 year old product. That's just $10 less than the state-of-the-art 777. The quality bar has been raised quite significantly in the past five years, prominently by PMDG themselves! 

Please don't take my comments as some sort of whine about the price - I'm perfectly comfortable with not flying the MD-11 and keeping her out of my collection. That said, I would give it quite a second glance if the price dropped significantly.

If the MD-11's sales are truly stagnant, why not give it a shot? For software that's now considered a "legacy product", I don't think they're going to get too many more takers with their original asking price. Why not drum up more sales!  Compared against the bread-and-butter Boeing twin engine, I think the unique nature of the MD-11 resulted in far fewer "Must have it!" customers, and many more "It'd be nice, but..." customers.

An unprecedented price drop and promotion might just push a lot of those "It'd be nice, but..." customers to the PMDG storefront, earning them sales they otherwise might never make...

Just some casual food for thought,

-Greg

It is sold for $59.99 actually, which is a nice price if you'd ask me. I bought it during the release for fs2004, and now I'm considering buying it again for FSX. 60 bucks isn't really much for this wonderfull aircraft if you compare it to other addons.

sig1.png
sig2.png

It is 79.99 on the PMDG website. Where are you seeing this 59.99 price?

Rodney Hudlow