Sign in to follow this  
Azone

AA is terrible

I can live with everything else but the AA is el crapo, I especially noticed it with the Carenado planes provided as well as the Carenado Baron that I inserted.

Anybody have any luck with the settings?

This is the deal breaker for me it will go back if I can't smooth it out.

To me I think 8xMSAA works reasonably well. FXAA blurs screen too much so I always keep it off. I can't get SGSSAA to work through Nividia Inspector, otherwise it'll should be a big help.

What puzzled me most is the jagged white lines on runways. Again, this is sth I don't understand. With 8xMSAA enabled, why objects such buildings, cockpit edges etc get pretty nice AA, but some like runways appear to have no AA at all especially when viewed from air at many angles.

To be fair, even with 8xS + 2xSGSSAA in FSX, those runway lines are still much more jagged than buildings etc.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

AA could use some tweaking. Believe LM is working with nvidia at least on the issue.

To me I think 8xMSAA works reasonably well. FXAA blurs screen too much so I always keep it off. I can't get SGSSAA to work through Nividia Inspector, otherwise it'll should be a big help.

What puzzled me most is the jagged white lines on runways. Again, this is sth I don't understand. With 8xMSAA enabled, why objects such buildings, cockpit edges etc get pretty nice AA, but some like runways appear to have no AA at all especially when viewed from air at many angles.

To be fair, even with 8xS + 2xSGSSAA in FSX, those runway lines are still much more jagged than buildings etc.

FXAA is off...using 8XMSAA..yes runways are all jagged especially when viewed from an angle.

None of the options really effect the AA. I can't believe there isn't a fix for it. It was so easily cured in FSX.

No issues here...

Is it just an FPS problem?

No FPS is fine.....it's got the JAGGIES!

Inspsetor: Enhance app

Method: 2X / 4X / 8X Sparse grid

^ Nothing else in inspector. 

In game: Match MSAA to your liking

Enjoy no jagged lines.. Same method to eliminate them in FSX DX10 except there you only have a tick box instead of choices

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Bill, I'm dying to make SGSSAA work in P3D2. I already tried things as you suggested, but it didn't work for me, or at least I wasn't able to tell the difference..

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Bill, I'm dying to make SGSSAA work in P3D2. I already tried things as you suggested, but it didn't work for me, or at least I wasn't able to tell the difference..

No idea.. You only need two settings changed in inspector and turn on MSAA in game.

This is FSX DX10, something some claim is hard to eliminate jagged lines in.. Same exact method applies in P3D v2

http://i.imgur.com/9MWa7mI.jpg

And my settings w/ AA ticked in game

QSbankS.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I agree. The AA is terrible. Would love to see a jaggy free P3d one day.

I just told you how to do it..    :rolleyes:

It seems that on this occasion, the nVidia users are suffering with this particular issue (poor AA representation in the sim).  I have seen some screeshots with pretty poor AA, from people who normally had great AA in FSX.

With ATI, as long as AA mode is set to Supersampling (which does of course incur a performance cost), AA is absolutely stunning on my rig on P3D2 ....... and look at Brian Doney's screenies.

ATI for the win!   :lol:

Nvidia is just fine with AA.. Just use Nvidia Inspector as described above..  This has been repeated numerous times in numerous threads.. 

This is P3D v2 w/ my 680.. Not a jagged line in sight

http://i.imgur.com/zNNWgal.jpg

No idea.. You only need two settings changed in inspector and turn on MSAA in game.

This is FSX DX10, something some claim is hard to eliminate jagged lines in.. Same exact method applies in P3D v2

http://i.imgur.com/9MWa7mI.jpg

And my settings w/ AA ticked in game

QSbankS.jpg

Copied your settings...nada nothing zippo ..it's still crapo.

I don't know what to tell you..  My 680 must be powered by unicorns then