Sign in to follow this  
Azone

AA is terrible

Copied your settings...nada nothing zippo ..it's still crapo.

Yup nothing here either.  Horrible AA on runways.  Looks like fs98.  Between this and being not able to use the 1/2 vsync rate in NI its back to FSX for me.

Matt Wilson

Ive not found NI to do much of anything. Now, AA isn't actually "terrible" but it could be better.

It looks the worst on planes with more detailed graphics. It's passable if you want to fly a white plane. The runways ...ahhh ..they look better in FSX.

I don't understand why they would even release this. It's like Beta 5.

Wait, because AA isn't working (only for you, apparently), in a training sim, they should have held back release ?

Not to say P3D2 doesn't have a few head-scratchers going for itself, the fullscreen launch bug is a little hard to understand.

This though, sorry, can't agree.

Regards,

Brian Doney

The current Nvidia Drivers doesn't recognize P3D V2 yet, so the AA is not working like it does in FSX. LM has said they're already talking to Nvidia about this. Should be fixed soon.

Alexis Mefano

Wait, because AA isn't working (only for you, apparently), in a training sim, they should have held back release ?

Not to say P3D2 doesn't have a few head-scratchers going for itself, the fullscreen launch bug is a little hard to understand.

There is quite a few posts going around about the AA issues.  It effects me also mainly on the runway markings.  It is really quite bad and annoying.  I am also surprised they released it like this along with the black screen issue.  How did that get missed??

Matt Wilson

The current Nvidia Drivers doesn't recognize P3D V2 yet, so the AA is not working like it does in FSX. LM has said they're already talking to Nvidia about this. Should be fixed soon.

I've read that before. I think some people are imagining some hocus pocus

I don't know what to tell you..  My 680 must be powered by unicorns then 

On my 680, with your settings applied, my spot views at altitude look quite good - almost exactly like yours.  However, close to the ground near airports, or on the ground at airports, the runway lines are noticeably jagged.  I also get shimmering shadows in the cockpit and on terrain.  So while it's possible to improve things, NVidia AA isn't all the way there yet - as Alec just posted, and as LM has said.  So it seems that we still need a fix.  But if you're getting good with runway lines and shadows, that's great - it'd be good to see some screenshots in the airport environment.  

That is good to hear.  It would also be nice to have full Nvidia Inspector compatibility to get the 1/2 vsync refresh rate working.  A must for many simmers coming from FSX.  My FSX is still much smoother then P3d at this time. 

Matt Wilson

I've read that before. I think some people are imagining some hocus pocus

Um... because software never gets fixed?  

There is quite a few posts going around about the AA issues.  It effects me also mainly on the runway markings.  It is really quite bad and annoying.  I am also surprised they released it like this along with the black screen issue.  How did that get missed??

My point being, that if this is something that actually annoys you, you should never again consider using a new release of anything.

No really, please, just stay away from new software.

This is an inconsequential issue that will likely be addressed anyway. it is not a show stopper, by any means.

Regards,

Brian Doney

My point being he is not the only one having this issue.  I bought the software and I intend to keep it because I am hopeful everything will get fixed.  I also believe this gives me the right to complain so these issues are more well known about and resolved.

Matt Wilson

Reporting an issue is one thing, and yes, absolutely, please do. In most cases myself and many others here are happy to try and help.

Claiming release should have been held for a seemingly rare anti-aliasing issue is not even remotely the same thing. 

Regards,

Brian Doney

There's a new "thingy" that fixes the jaggies in FSX and P3D if you have the latest NVidia drivers and that's with FXAA turned on.  Several months ago FXAA did not work at all in FSX (and probably not P3D either).  Now it does and even for FSX!!.  Turn it on!!  Up in post #14, I don't like the NI configuration especially for the AA Supersampling of 4x's Sparse Grid Supersampling.  The setting should be turned off or no higher than 2x's.  If you have a really powerful system, leave it at 4x's but it is not necessary as FXAA fixes the problems.  LM has FXAA turned on in the P3D.cfg so make sure it is also on in the display driver/NI settings for P3D.  Here are my P3D NI settings that are working for me:

jUqh.jpg

Hope it helps others.  I would also recommend everyone check out the new AVSIM FSX/P3D Configuration Guide V2.  A link to it is in my signature.  Right now it is mostly centered on FSX but a lot of it applies to P3D too.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10