Sign in to follow this  
copilot767

3 monitors full screen too much RWY ligtht

Hello..
A serious problem, that have been since went to 3 monitors..
Here are two screenshots - one in 1 monitor and fullscreen with 3 monitors- I have tried ALL settings with the bloom without luck.
1 monitor the runway lights is normal - 3 monitors full screen all rwy light is falling together very difficult to see the rwy because of heavy light. ???

Chris from Denmark
cleardot.gif

It's your Halo file.  Google FSX multi monitor halo, it will fix it.  The file name you're looking for 2624.halo.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

One 2624.halo.zip coming up sir!

Edit: The original source is here.

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I'm getting this prob also with one monitor.is there a fix to it for me too ?

Most difficult question to answer.  The default HALO file should work fine for all default scenery. Payware often use different runway lights so no telling there, and some programs such as ActiveSky, REX and many others will install (or have you select for installation) different HALO files and if you selected one best suited for a different configuration then you could have problems.

So as you can see, there are too many variables for anyone to give you an answer. The best way to solve this is for you to get an understanding of the HALO file is, which you have installed, if you have the same problem at different airports and payware and default airports so you can resolve this.  One thing is for sure, if this is happening at a default airport then it's something you did or something you installed.

Perhaps if you gave us a link to your HALO file (located in your FSX/texture folder) I could take a look at it and I MIGHT be able to guess as to what the problem is.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks a lot for help :)

I found Mike CFII file on avsim lib.

Now I have great RWY lights and can use the papi light , when using 3 monitors full screen at night :)

DXfixer bloom is set to about 50 %

Sure and thanks here's the link

The HALO file provided is from REX, it's the Runway Lights Grand.  Suggest you change your light settings in REX to something a lot less smaller.  You'll have to try different settings on your system to determine the best settings to use.

Dave Hodges

the halo file provided by Paul is mandatory for multi-momitor configs regardless of which light textures you install from REX. Infact, everytime you decide to install REX light textures you should then replace the halo file with the one provided in this thread.

Hi coPilot767,  I also had terrible trouble with lights on 3 monitors,  I use Mike's Halo file, but I seem to have a Halo file in 2 locations

in the root directory  

games\Microsoft flight simulator

and also in

games\Microsoft flight simulator\effects

not sure why as they are both slightly different, I may have put one in the wrong location !

I also added into the cfg

[Display]

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALER=1.2

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALER=1.2

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALER=1.2

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALER=1.0

If you experiment with the settings it appears to alter them + the AI Aircraft lights.  I have settled for the above otherwise I get MASSIVE AI lights,  however now the AI lights seems to disappear when the aircraft is a few miles away from mine. However happy with the runway lights light this.

If you have added this to your cfg,  be interested in knowing your settings and if the AI Aircraft still look ok

Regards

Steve

have also added this into my cfg

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

It also popped up for me yesterday evening..

AI light dissapeared close to my aircraft..

Anyone have a solution for that ???

The HALO file provided is from REX, it's the Runway Lights Grand.  Suggest you change your light settings in REX to something a lot less smaller.  You'll have to try different settings on your system to determine the best settings to use

Thanks !!

Thanks !!

You are most welcome.  Happy it helped!

Dave

Dave Hodges

I'm looking for the 2624.halo file? I'm currently running a triple monitor set up with surround display and my RWY/Taxiway lights are very large/blurry. I used to have the 2624.halo file but recently added a new hard drive and in the transfer lost the file and had to reinstall everything.