Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Microstutters? 1/2 refresh fix?

Hey guys,  Has anyone been able to apply the 1/2 refresh rate in NI with a locked 30 FPS with success?  I have tried along with all the different settings in V2 but still get the annoying stuttering I had in FSX before the 1/2 refresh rate fix.  All I have heard about V2 is how smooth and stutter free the sim is.  So far my experience with V2 is worse fps, worse stuttering, and far worse AA.  This with a 2500k at 4.5 and a 670 gtx.

Matt Wilson

Matt,

try FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1 and BUFFERPOOLS=0 in the CFG file. This made my P3D smooth without any stutter.

Regards,

Michael

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

Matt,

try FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1 and BUFFERPOOLS=0 in the CFG file. This made my P3D smooth without any stutter.

Regards,

Michael

Made no difference for me.  I really can't believe I am getting worse performance with a base install of p3d v2 compared to FSX with many intensive add ons.  And this is with most p3d options turned down.  Doing back to back comparisons my FSX is looking better and performing better then p3d at this time.  Something funky going on here.

Matt Wilson

Yeah there's an issue with Windows Desktop. Also if you are using SLI, turn it off, it causes stutters. Finally, try an older driver if you're using a newer one.

Yeah there's an issue with Windows Desktop. Also if you are using SLI, turn it off, it causes stutters. Finally, try an older driver if you're using a newer one.

Ya this has nothing to do with windows, drivers, or video card.  There are a few topics on the LM support forum talking about this issue.  Basically we need the 1/2 refresh rate option to get a smooth sim.  LM claims that using there in game vsync plus triple buffering fixes it, but it does not.

Matt Wilson

I am in the same boat with the micro stutters, it is driving me insane. I have had such a smooth experience with FSX DX10 since being able to use the 1/2 refresh rate option. To me the micro stutters are so prevalent it make the sim unusable for me.

Interestingly in another thread I found someone had turned off Aero and fixed the micro stutters. I tried this also and it did stop my micro stutters but obviously made the sim equally unusable due to no vsync and tearing.

So why is it that some people are not needing 1/2 refresh rate to achieve a smooth sim but others do.

I have spent countless hours trying everything to find a solution. Looks like I am going to have to park this for a while until LM & Nvidia come up with a way forward. I certainly hope this happens as I can see the potential in p3dv2.

Michael M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

I had to go through several older Geforce drivers to find one that eliminated the stuttering. It may be wise to do so also. It may not be enough to just try one older one. I had to try about 5 different versions before I landed on 307.64 to kill the stuttering.

I am in the same boat with the micro stutters, it is driving me insane. I have had such a smooth experience with FSX DX10 since being able to use the 1/2 refresh rate option. To me the micro stutters are so prevalent it make the sim unusable for me.

Interestingly in another thread I found someone had turned off Aero and fixed the micro stutters. I tried this also and it did stop my micro stutters but obviously made the sim equally unusable due to no vsync and tearing.

So why is it that some people are not needing 1/2 refresh rate to achieve a smooth sim but others do.

I have spent countless hours trying everything to find a solution. Looks like I am going to have to park this for a while until LM & Nvidia come up with a way forward. I certainly hope this happens as I can see the potential in p3dv2.

Michael M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Make sure and post your issue at the Lockheed Martin support forum

Matt Wilson

I had to try about 5 different versions before I landed on 307.64 to kill the stuttering.

Would you mind to provide a d/l link for these? I didn't find them neither in the Nvidia archive nor at evga.com or guru3D...thx!

Exactly the same problem. I spent more than a day simply playing around with the basic setup, using only medium settings but simply couldn't get Vsync to work properly or fly smoothly. I'm back to FSX for now.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I've spent two weeks try every form of vsync there is.It won't/can/t work as it locked to adaptive in the program.

The 1/2 setting has never worked for me in FSX or Prep3d because I would get tearing so I enabled the frame limiter to 40fps and I've had no stuttering or tearing whatsoever.

1/2 vsyn setting would work in FSX but only in Fullscreen mode unless you disabled Aero. But, I never had much luck with that.

On the nVidia drivers page is a selector for older drivers. I am on 314.22 and it looks good. No limiters so I can "enjoy" FPS while I wait for the first update. I confess that I have reverted to 1.4, not because of Lockheed but ORBX, most of their stuff is not ready for 2.0 and it may be a long time before everything is updated. Of course, I will not buy more of their stuff until the final update.

If you look at the change list for the drivers almost all changes/updates are for blood and guts games used by kiddies to save the world and cards much newer than mine. Almost no reasons to upgrade a driver.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

This adaptive vsync is not cutting it. However the 1/2 refresh rate one works in fsx using inspector is exactly what we need here for this too.

I hope LM are listening!