Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Microstutters? 1/2 refresh fix?

Give it some time, I'm sure they are working on it so let us have some patience.

Still remember the first weeks/months of FSX? <_<

You really need to tell if you run FSX/P3DV2 in fullscreen or Windowed Mode. I have so many issues in DX10/DX11 in Windowed with undocking panels

VSYNC or no VSYNC ,Aero=on or off (how do you check if its on or off for that matter ?)

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

If you're having microstutters try setting your refresh rate 1/2 manually.  I have a 37in LCD TV that runs at 60Hz, so I manually set it to 30Hz using Nvidia control panel.  Using Nvidia Inspector, set vertical sync tear control to standard and vertical sync to use 3D application setting, then lock FPS to 30 in P3D. 

This work around solved my stuttering issues in P3D, I also tested it in FSX just out curiosity and it works fine.  The only side effect I've encountered is a slower mouse speed/lag on the desktop. 

Hopefully LM/nvidia fixes this in the future. 

post-169914-0-43150400-1386987692.gif

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

so I manually set it to 30Hz using Nvidia control panel

Um, I have no option with my monitor in Nvidia Control Panel to change it to 30?

You can change it to 30Hz by making a custom resolution preset, or via Windows display manager in the advanced section on the monitor tab.

I just have no idea why anyone would manually change the refresh-rate of a 60Hz monitors to 30Hz.  That's not the intention of 1/2 refresh rate. :lol: The image quality should look terrible on top that the noticeable flickering should give you a migraine in 5 minutes

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Like I said, only noticeable difference is mouse speed/lag on desktop.  Image quality is the same, there's no flickering at all, and my head feels fine after 2 days of testing this out.  I'm using a Samsung 37in 1080p LCD TV.

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

Simply is going to take a Vsyn incorporation and or a true fullscreen mode. ive seen 100's of this worked for mes. No goods. But its worth trying I reckon. I rather be flying than F@#@# around trying to make something work that never will beyond program changes.

Never heard of a monitor running that far below it's native refresh rate (let alone an LCD) and not have noticeable  side affects visually. The only time I've ever purposely set my refresh rate below 60 is when Crysis had this weird bug on Windows 7. It would run at 24p if your monitor was set at 60Hz... You had to create a custom resolution, set it to 59Hz instead and the game would run at 1080p again. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Hey guys,  Has anyone been able to apply the 1/2 refresh rate in NI with a locked 30 FPS with success?  I have tried along with all the different settings in V2 but still get the annoying stuttering I had in FSX before the 1/2 refresh rate fix.  All I have heard about V2 is how smooth and stutter free the sim is.  So far my experience with V2 is worse fps, worse stuttering, and far worse AA.  This with a 2500k at 4.5 and a 670 gtx.

Get rid of ALL Inspector settings, set them to OFF or Application Controlled.  Get rid of the P3D profile in Inspector as well unless it's set everything to off.  Next run V2 in frames unlimited mode.  Next set VSYNC to ON, triple buffering on or off you can try, it's on for me.  I have no micro stutters whatsoever.   I will revisit Inspector for better AA settings if LM can work that piece out w/ nV.  It took me a day or two to believe Inspector settings are a bad thing for V2, even though this has been cited many times, I just had a hard time accepting it.  If you are having these sorts of issues something fundamentally is very off w/ your setup.  Are you running the latest nV drivers presumably?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Sorry everything set as you described.. Still have microstutters. perhaps you can shed a little light on "the fundamentally very off" with my setup? Perhaps a 1000 dollar Titan will resolve the micros? Look out the corner of your window at 1500 ft AGL and tell me you dont see the microstutters? It certainly isn't terrible nor even bad and even minute they also come and go, but I stil see them. It not something that would keep me from using it but they are there. basically Its Adaptive Vsync turning on and off as described here:

"Adaptive V-Sync works well as long as you stay predominately above 60 FPS or below 60 FPS. If your system is just powerful enough to stay near 60, v-sync will tend to keep turning on and off, causing hitches'

Ive notice using Noels settings , unlimited, there are no stutters at 60 FPS. Dropping below that starts the microstutters., It then corrects and all is well until which time FPS drops below 60 and same scenerio begins again. SSo as long as you can maintain your monitors refresh rate FPS you will never have stutters. Throw in complicated scenry and aircraft and good luck with that even with a Crackin the pocket book. :) Seems adaptive Vsync is a little iffy currently at best. Thats why LM says they need to "Fix" their drivers.

I think it really depends on whether you have any addons installed. Without any addons on my initial P3D v2 setup on 3770K / GTX 680 I had it set to vsync on, frame rate limited to 33 (should that be 30?) and triple buffering on. No stutterring if you can reach the 33 fps.

With addons enabled and fps way below 30, I get the stuttering. I think whoever says they have no stutters with GTX 680 are simply running the clean P3D setup without any addons.

Limit your frame rate to something higher then 30 e.g. 32 or 33 (read the LM forum for an explanation).

Try setting your TrackIR priority to High in task manager.

These two things pretty much eliminated microstutters on my setup, which is very similar to the OP's.

Some have reported better performance with the latest Nvidia driver, although this may not sort your microstutters, it could be worth trying at some point. It made a big difference on my setup, running Orbx Global and various UK2000 Extreme airports.

Ed Haslam

I am face with this issue as well and I'm still trying to pinpoint where the problem lies. So far I think it has to do with the Carenado planes that have G1000's installed. Next time you guys fly, take note of what plane you're using when you see this problem. It could be related to that perhaps. Not sure yet.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I wonder if G-sync monitors will solve this microstutters problems, I will buy one monitor when it will be available!!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook