Sign in to follow this  
pipsara

Voxatc with Prepar3D v2

Any body managed to get it working with P3D v2? 

I can't find a way to install it. 

Sent a request to the support site. 

Mike 

It works ok for me.  Or I should say, it works as far as that I've only just installed it, it loads in fsx and recognises my voice.  I haven't done any full flights yet or checked SIDs, etc.

I must add that I used the Estonia migration tool for installation.

http://www.flightsim.ee/products/migration-tool#download

I can post more details on my installation if required, but from first impressions it appears to work fine and even appears faster than it did under FSX.

And I've just noticed that by mistake it was version 6.05 that I had installed.  I will try upgrading to 6.20 and see if it still works, but 6.05 definitely does.

Installing 6.20 and it didn't work.  For some reason the gauge files were not in the P3D\gauges directory.  Copying the files VAGauge.gau and VAInfo.gau from the voxatc\p3d\gauges folder to the P3D\gauges folder sorted it for me.  I suspect that is what is suggested in the thread referred to above.

...as it does, just seen it.

Hmmm.  Not so good, it doesn't appear to be picking up my flight plan (only offers local flight and circuits).

"and even appears faster than it did under FSX".  And scratch that - frame rates are taking a pummeling.

Please can anyone confirm whether they've got it working so that it picks up their flight plans correctly?

I managed to get it working as far as having the program respond, moving the gauge files fixed that. It doesn't recognise the flight plans however. 

So its a no go at this stage for me as well. 

Mike 

Just a guess, but has the flight file format changed from p3d v1.x to v2?  I think VoxATC uses the flight file to get some of its info - in which case I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work.

OK - starting to get somewhere.  If I copy flt (and associated) files from my old fsx installation (or should I say its backup, as I've uninstalled - bit hasty methinks?) into the p3d folder, those CAN be loaded into p3dv2, and VoxATC appears to work as expected.  Much more testing needed though.  I'll report back after I try some full flights, but looks promising.

This is as opposed to using newly created p3dv2 fxml files, which was what I was doing, and which wasn't working for me.

It also appears to be necessary to keep the old flt files (i.e. copies) in their original locations, as the original path is referenced within the files.

"It also appears to be necessary to keep the old flt files (i.e. copies) in their original locations, as the original path is referenced within the files."

Only reference I could find was in the flt file and changing it to the new location cleared the issue:

[GPS_Engine]

Filename=C:\Users\USER_NAME\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\FLIGHT_PLAN

Flew an entire flight, using my fsx flight files, and it seems to work just like it did with fsx,

There's more of a frame rate hit than I was expecting / hoping.

I can't get it working.  I installed with Estonia migration and copied the gauges over, but I get a fatal VoxAtc error when I click "enable". 

Michael Cependa

Developer Aerosoft DC-8

"but I get a fatal VoxAtc error"

When I've seen this I think it was because there was something about the flight I was using that VA didn't like.  Like loading one of the VA demo flights where the aircraft does not exist in P3Dv2.

As far as I can tell loading a .fxml flight doesn't work, loading an .flt one does.

Luckily P3Dv2 seems to save both an .flt and an .fxml file if an flt.file (of the same name) already exists.   If the fxml file is then deleted, the flt file can be loaded.

Sorry if I'm just stating the bleeding obvious, I'm completely new to P3D (any version).