Sign in to follow this  
pipsara

Voxatc with Prepar3D v2

"but I get a fatal VoxAtc error"

When I've seen this I think it was because there was something about the flight I was using that VA didn't like.  Like loading one of the VA demo flights where the aircraft does not exist in P3Dv2.

Also, not having the virtual fsx installation (Estonia) enabled also caused this for me. 

I have the virtual fsx installation enabled.  I have the navdata installed.  I can't figure out why it doesn't work for me.  Maybe I should reinstall.  Anyhow, I'm thinking of putting P3D V2 aside for a while as with FTX Global installed I have little white boxes all over the landscape that I really don't care to see every time I start the simulator. 

Michael Cependa

Developer Aerosoft DC-8

I installed PROATC X with the Estonian migration tool and it has worked fine. The only problem I have found is that I get no reaction for it when I fly the Carenado B1900D, I.e, when I change the comms radion, PRO ATC X does not see this

It works ok for me....  I haven't done any full flights yet or checked SIDs, etc.

I must add that I used the Estonia migration tool for installation.

[... appears faster than it did under FSX.

But, does it require running p3D in legacy mode?

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I don't know what the "legacy mode" you refer to is.  Perhaps you mean running with virtual FSX enabled in Estonia - if so, then I believe the answer is yes.  I think that not only is voxatc looking for the flt file, but that it expects to find it in the default "Flight Simulator X Files" folder (in My Documents).  Anyway, IIRC, disabling virtual FSX caused it to fail for me.  

I get the "fatal error" but only at a few different locations/airports..  biggest issue is not having the voxatc panel on some aircraft.. i dont think the installer knows to patch panel.cfg.. in fact. some aircraft dont have a panels or panel.cfg.. anyone noticed this?  If i run the panel config tool though, it acts as if there are no aircraft to modify, even though some clearly dont have or cant be modified.. maybe i'm misunderstanding panels with p3d v2..

One example of an aircraft that does have the panel.cfg but no mod was made during install is the IRIS Raptor Driver.  There are very few that i have found that dont have a panel folder/cfg though.. 

So i guess one would need to hand modify any aircraft missing the vox atc lines like:

[Window Titles]

Window100=VoxATC
Window101=VoxATC Recent Comms

////<VoxATC
[Window100]
visible=1
size_mm=400,200
pixel_size = 400, 200
position=4
background_color=0,0,0
ident=14077
zorder=5
alpha_blend=0.65
gauge00=VAGauge!VoxATCPrompt,0,0
////>VoxATC

////<VoxATC
[Window101]
visible=0
size_mm=400,600
pixel_size = 400, 600
position=5
background_color=255,255,255
ident=14078
zorder=5
gauge00=VAInfo!VoxATCInfo,0,0,400,600
////>VoxATC

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Since then, the following...it now has native support for Prepar3D v2...

My current problems - after one year of waiting to see the upgrades and an install of version 6.49:

This could be such a cool ad on if everything worked right!

1.the VOXATC screens disappear after first connection to Clearance. I have to go to View, instruments and re-choose the toolbox ATC windows.

N.B. I didn't see it anywhere in the documentation, but there is a set up program inside of the root directory for VoxATC that allows you to set up a push to talk button on your joystick ....make sure you get rid of any reference that you may have made through FSUIPC for the space bar keyboard press through a joystick button.

2. After clicking from one VoxATC window to another, a curious + shows up instead of the cursor which destroys my ability to use any kind of mouse click...loading a plane or any plane does not clear The + cursor.

A. The only way to get rid of the + cursor is to restart P3-D.

3. Changing the font for the two VOXATC windows changes the size but not the spacing and therefore it is triple spacing inside of the two box ATC windows... as if it were expecting a larger font.

4.Once voice recognition is loaded, and minimized, I noticed some weird interaction happening between my screens. Just my voice seems to act as if the Windows SAPI5 voice recognizer is supposed to be working in Windows 7-64 bit...and throw to the screen either different windows that I did not ask for within P3-D or actual Windows applications that I certainly did not ask for via voice....bug? Or more training?

I would really love to get this working, after my great IFR experience with Pilotedge, but the + cursor substitution bug is a dealbreaker.

Any ideas?

Happy new year to all!

Chas

See the complete VOXATC update info since my last post on the subject.

http://voxatc.com/Home.aspx/News

End of VOXATC update Feb 2014

C

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

1. Did you change view when the vox window disapeared? You can avoid this by right clicking on the window title bar and undock the window so it stay on top.

2. The + is the the yoke mouse mode indicator. Just click right on your screen and you can untick this option. It happens sometimes to me also and I have to untick it twice in row to restore normal operation.

3 and 4 no idea...

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

4.Once voice recognition is loaded, and minimized, I noticed some weird interaction happening between my screens. Just my voice seems to act as if the Windows SAPI5 voice recognizer is supposed to be working in Windows 7-64 bit...and throw to the screen either different windows that I did not ask for within P3-D or actual Windows applications that I certainly did not ask for via voice....bug? Or more training?

I would really love to get this working, after my great IFR experience with Pilotedge, but the + cursor substitution bug is a dealbreaker.

Any ideas?

Happy new year to all!

You do not need Windows Voice recognition "running" at all. You only need it "set up" so that VoxAtc can utilize the speech to text and text to speech functionality so, don't start it up.

If you have voice recognition actually running in Windows, everything you say goes TO Windows as a possible command. So, Windows will look to see if you are trying to open an application or do some other Windows operation and responds acordingly.

1. Did you change view when the vox window disapeared?

C- don't think so...i'll check tomorrow

You can avoid this by right clicking on the window title bar and undock the window so it stay on top.

2. The + is the the yoke mouse mode indicator. Just click right on your screen and you can untick this option. It happens sometimes to me also and I have to untick it twice in row to restore normal operation.

3 and 4 no idea...

Regarding number two I'm not sure exactly what you mean right clicking on the screen ? the main screen ?

I'll try it again tomorrow… Thanks to you both for such quick and what seemed to be easy answers!

Happy New Year's

Chaz

Don't forget to use the "push to talk" (spacebar) at least a second before you start speaking and leve it depressed until you're completely done speaking.

Also, you may have to use the "flight plan training" routine to teach VoxAtc how to interpret your speech... you can "train" the speech recognition for any specific flight plan and, the more you use it, the better it gets at understanding you.

Hi Chaz,

Yes clicking right when in any view bring a menu. The last item at the bottom is mouse yoke. Just unclick it.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Thanks guys! Great tips! Did my first IFR flight with VOXATC.

I. Manual only refs FSX, so how do we turn OFF ATC in P3d?

II. I got a "Descend and maintain o ft"...any stick and rudder tips on accomplishing that?

A. Disabled then re-enabled VOXATC...during flight...seems to have;

1. bypassed the above command and;

2. caught up with the flight plan.

THANKS AGAIN

chas