Sign in to follow this  
styckx

Back to a familar face

After vowing to never go back to FSX... I refunded P3D v2, skipped going back to 1.4 and went back to FSX.. Having a MUCH better time then I did a year ago on an AMD card and having actual fun again with great results. 

Mix of DX9/DX10

ZmhSmNl.jpg

j4n2X9d.jpg

j4jjnDW.jpg

8Nqvp0m.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Out of curiosity, why did you return to FSX from P3D v2?

Beautiful shots by the way, #4 is my favorite. 

I actually just wrote here why: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/427336-is-anyone-going-back-to-fsx-now-after-2-days-with-p3dv2/page-7#entry2867166

Reason I skipped 1.4 even though I have a license for it is because it's highly incompatible with Windows 8 (even though it ironically was more stable than P3Dv2)..  It wouldn't run in Windowed mode under Windows 8 and I got very used to it again with P3Dv2...  So..  I'm happy because tons of addons I bought back in the day I can use again (UTX, GEX etc).. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I dont blame you Bill. If you didnt tell me, I would not be able to tell the difference between FSX and P3DV2 for your screenies. Im burned out on P3D shimmering textures and went back to FSX to use my Air Hauler. Its beautiful and makes you really appreciate it. :)

Spectacular shots, really.

Good luck and blue skies in FSX. I certainly wont be uninstalling FSX either.

I will keep testing and tweaking P3D in the between time and who knows, a patch or two from now might change the playing field a bit.

Again, your shots look great. Use the sim that satisfies your needs best.  :drinks:

Regards,

Brian Doney

Agree with both and thank you.. I just wanted to fly and be happy. P3Dv2 wasn't making me very happy.. I was becoming  a cranky bitter curmudgeon because it seemed like every time I turned around there was something else..  I will definitely revisit it after a few point releases.. Hopefully by that time addons are actually compatible and not just the installer changed and labeled compatible.(I have a feeling this will be a huge problem) Also want SLI actually working..  Would love to push 5760x1080 without making only one of my cards shed a tear.   :lol: