Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Saitek pedals and "differential brake" message

I think I've got a controls issue and I need some help.

I use Saitek Combat pro pedals.  I've had them working fine for about two years.  I set everything up as per their manual for FSX installation.  Recently, though, when pressing both toe brakes simultaneously I get the red "Differential Brakes" message, INSTEAD of the usual "brakes" one.  Is this a calibration thing or a hardware issue?

When diff brakes shows up it's not actually applying full braking and most planes tend to be tricky to control.

Any ideas?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's all of them...  it's the usual FSX red brake message.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've got the same pedals. You get the diff. brakes message when they are applied until you get both pushed all the way down, then you see only "Brakes". So it seems they might not be reading correctly on your end if you never get the brakes message, like one of them isn't reading the full travel of the pedal or something. I'd make sure your sensitivity is all the way up in FSX then maybe check calibration through windows? in the advanced tab in game controls you can clearly see what they are doing.

Are you using a registered version of FSUIPC to control toe brakes? If so, I'd first check to make sure that you're getting full deflection in the brakes.

-Damien

I think I've got a controls issue and I need some help.

I use Saitek Combat pro pedals. I've had them working fine for about two years. I set everything up as per their manual for FSX installation. Recently, though, when pressing both toe brakes simultaneously I get the red "Differential Brakes" message, INSTEAD of the usual "brakes" one. Is this a calibration thing or a hardware issue?

When diff brakes shows up it's not actually applying full braking and most planes tend to be tricky to control.

Any ideas?[/quote

Use ur FSUIPC (if u have a registred version) and push the pedals (not rudders movement), if the values in the AXIS ASSIGNMENTS tab inside the FSUIPC changed, then that mean u don't have any hardware problem with ur saitek pedals.

And let's say u don't have any hardware issue, u need to re assign ur peddals with the FSUIPC.

SMALL NOTE : If u r FSUIPC user uncheck the controllers inside FSX control page.

Use ur FSUIPC (if u have a registred version) and push the pedals (not rudders movement), if the values in the AXIS ASSIGNMENTS tab inside the FSUIPC changed, then that mean u don't have any hardware problem with ur saitek pedals.

And let's say u don't have any hardware issue, u need to re assign ur peddals with the FSUIPC.

SMALL NOTE : If u r FSUIPC user uncheck the controllers inside FSX control page.

There is no reason to use fsuipc at all with the majority of control surfaces, in fact it could cause a conflict with some addons like PMDG. Simply unplugging and plugging back the pedals should do the trick. Make sure sensitivity is set all the way to the right and deadzone all the way to the left in fsx control options.

If I'm not mistaken don't the brakes have to have reverse ticked?

Dave

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

After some more reviewing.... this is actually only happening in A2A aircraft GRRR!

Must be some thing with the accusim

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

After some more reviewing.... this is actually only happening in A2A aircraft GRRR!

Must be some thing with the accusim

Then it's likely that this is only the result of the brakes being worn unevenly.