Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

ZINERTEK - Natural Tree Environment X (NTEX) - Evaluation

So I took the bait and bought the new product.  I just had an urge.

I have not yet fully tested this product but can offer some early insite.

If you have Orbx, with its custom trees autogen then when you have a region activated those custom trees over ride the Zinertek trees.  You must switch to default in Central or if you have Global (which I don't), you must not tick the Orbx trees feature otherwise these new trees will not show.

So, I will post some screen shots, noting that I have GEX, UTX and Orbx.  So if I shut off Orbx, then UTX vector scenery takes priority along with GEX textures.  If you click on these links then both photos should open up in their own tab and you can switch quickly between the pictures in the tabs to compare.

Here is outside of Orbx regions (Montana), with UTX, GEX and Orbx NA activated, Orbx trees show.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/11/30/IClxq.jpg

Here is same area, Orbx switched to default, therefore Zinertek trees show.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/11/30/Qu4jO.jpg

Here is Orbx Yellowstone airport with Orbx NA activated, therefore their custom trees are showing.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/11/30/vDsCO.jpg

Now check out Orbx NA deactivated, so the area is now showing the Zinertek trees.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/11/30/HGw4e.jpg

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Thanks Bryan.

I see the disadvantage of using the Zinertek's is that they don't blend in very well with the ground texture, as in they stick out pretty well when they should be blending in with the background.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

ANOTHER SET

Here is the area west of Yellowstone airport with Orbx activated, showing the wildfire custom trees from Orbx.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/11/30/xr2YP.jpg

Same area with Orbx set to default, so this is now GEX textures, UTX vector elements and Zinertek trees.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/11/30/Ayzf.jpg

I do not have any default FSX, I don't think anyone is running a default FSX anyway these days more have one or more of these addons.

I could try uninstalling and going with just the default for comparison as well, but haven't yet. 

Quit frankly, I tend to leave my FSX with one of my Orbx regions turned on and therefore I get Orbx trees everywhere and I am quite happy with that.  I guess this would be the same as Orbx Global.

But outside of Orbx regions, if you are set to default, with no Global, then these trees might just be a matter of taste compared to the default FSX trees.  Compared to FSX default trees textures, these new ones would be sharper if you use the HD versions like I did in the above shots.

Near CAM3

Thanks for the shots 1st, you sold me on the idea. Awesome trees by the way to the creator. Just got back from thanksgiving holiday finished all data reports today and now its time to Fly! This should take bush flying to a new level. Not so easy to spot that small strip. Cpt. out.

My thanks also for taking the trouble to upload those shots. I can't however say that they sell the Zinertek trees to me as the Orbx views, if anything IMO, look marginally better. I notice that the screenshots on the shop sites tend to show more close up views and perhaps that is where the Zinertek trees excel in terms of detail. Could I ask if there is any effect on frame rates?

Bill

There is absolutely no impact on frame rates.

Yes the trees look quite sharp closeup, how often do you get close up to trees when flying, except maybe in a helicopter?

Near CAM3

Yes the trees look quite sharp closeup, how often do you get close up to trees when flying, except maybe in a helicopter?

Thank you - I must admit I occasionally get a little closer than I should when I let my attention lapse!

Perhaps Zinertek is the way to go if you just fly using default scenery which it will most likely improve and it is certainly very good value, but for those of us who already use the Orbx / FTX scenery areas I am still not sure if there is any real benefit.

Bill

Lots of times, if You are a GA flyer low and slow over the scenery....... Alaska is especially great for that.  ^_^

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

True and I am a GA flying, as well bush planes, low and slow.

I still haven't given the textures the full work out, too much going on, with family and Christmas activities.

Near CAM3

True.  Not sure how you would remove custom trees sets in Orbx and keep the region activated and then add these trees.

Funny that you should pick this thread up now being over a year old and make comments AND that I coincidentally was just thinking this morning on how I might get better use out of these trees now that I have FTX Global. 

I'll bookmark this tread so that if I do some followup I can repost some results.

I hope to find more time for experimenting with this addon during Christmas holidays.

I have been busy with the new FTX Norway Region right now.

cheers

Bryan

Near CAM3

hope to find more time for experimenting with this addon during Christmas holidays.

I just got their HD airport thingy and saw this product in their readme.  Have you tried them out with global? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I just got their HD airport thingy and saw this product in their readme.  Have you tried them out with global? 

Actually I have not tried it with Global.  I have been meaning to but I keep getting wrapped up on so many other projects.  Now I have a gentle reminder.

I'm not sure what I might gain with the HD airport addon I suppose it might help those default FSX airports that I currently don't like to fly to.

Near CAM3

fltsimguy,

Thank you for setting up the comparisons in an easy to view way.

Not sure which I prefer, to be honest.  Happy with ORBX trees,  but that doesn't mean they are the best.