Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

REX Essential Overdrive P3D "access rights"

If you mean a license fee  than yes

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I didn't realize.  Interesting way of making a little extra money on the side.  Well good for them.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I didn't realize.  Interesting way of making a little extra money on the side.  Well good for them.

Interesting, in that we spent almost 6 months working on the commercial weather engine for P3D which was later rolled into REX Essential PLUS. We have to recoup the funds for that venture somehow.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Interesting, in that we spent almost 6 months working on the commercial weather engine for P3D which was later rolled into REX Essential PLUS. We have to recoup the funds for that venture somehow.

Actually I can see how you might have taken my comment the unintended way.  $5 bucks is just fine by me and very reasonable....no issue mate.  My comment was why would one wonder about a $5 fee to "upgrade"...it's no big deal and much appreciated.

Some day I will own a video card that can handle DX11 and then I will look to get my REX for P3D.

cheers.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Just as an aside, as I have no problem with paying for P3D integration, $5 is well-worth it, but I did notice that although I can purchase REX using Paypal, I seem to require a credit card for the license fee?

Bryan, actually it was simply an FYI, I didn't take it as you think. ;)

@toprob, you can purchase the full program using any means via our distributors, however because we're in charge of handling the in-app purchase, we use authorize.net as our gateway, and tell you the truth it's a PITA to set this up using PayPal. We might be changing this in the near future, depending on the need.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Cheers, Tim, I figured as much, I can wait until I can safely use my credit card again:)

I bought the REX Prepar3D license, however I cannot use it: the REX water texture is awful looking like pieces of blocks. Anyone has the same problem? Thanks!

I bought the REX Prepar3D license, however I cannot use it: the REX water texture is awful looking like pieces of blocks. Anyone has the same problem? Thanks!

Then use the 32-bit option for Wave Animations within the REX OPTIONS MANAGER. You obviously have DXT1 set currently.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I didn't realize. Interesting way of making a little extra money on the side. Well good for them.

I suspect it's going to be much worse with some other (aircraft) developers who shall remain nameless. Bend over and close eyes fellow P3Ders.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

It's great to see the REX guys only charging $5 for a license upgrade fee. Unfortunately, not all developers will be so generous.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Don't know  where you guys  are getting  the $5 charging  fee   from, its actually its $4.99 :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg