Sign in to follow this  
ajpongress

P3D v2 + FTX Gobal 1.1 = no words to describe it

I'll let these brief hastily taken shots speak for themselves.

(the only thing I did for these shots was use SweetFX 1.5 with SMAA injection, LumaSharpen, and a bit of Sepia toning to give the sunlight some life)

In short, I can't see myself EVER going back to FSX after this experience. The best part that you can't see from the screenshots is how SMOOTH the sim is. Even with all the night lighting, I'm getting 30+ frames and it's silky buttery smooth with no stutters or choppiness.

I still can't describe the feeling this is giving. I'm completely and totally blown away.

Looks great.  I'm really enjoying it as well - playing around with the Iceland demo and considering FTXG.  Do you use SweetFX all the time, or just for screenshots?

How do you deactivate sweet fx if your going into the menu? Do you start it prior to starting P3D? Thanks Wayne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Doesn't leave much room for addon AI , clouds and PMDG.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Looks nice my ftxg looks like poo in the pnw but then again I'm used to flying in orbx ftx pnw in fsx which I'll be doing tonight in p3d using the guide on airdailyx along with the 10 new orbx airport I bought on sale

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Why use sweetfx when p3d already has a very good HDR system?

What doesn't leave much room? Your comment doesn't make sense.

Why use sweetfx when p3d already has a very good HDR system?

Because I don't use HDR in sweetfx. I use SMAA, LumaSharpen, and sepia toning.

P3D HDR doesn't do anything for jagged edges, or sharpening panels, gauges, and scenery, or adding color to sunlight hitting surfaces.

Comparison.

p3dv2_nosfx.jpg

p3dv2_sfx.jpg

No add-on Ai aircraft,Scenery,clouds,and no PMDG quality aircraft.and you are only getting 30+ FPS? What will the performance be after all those other things are thrown into the sim?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I'll let these brief hastily taken shots speak for themselves.

(the only thing I did for these shots was use SweetFX 1.5 with SMAA injection, LumaSharpen, and a bit of Sepia toning to give the sunlight some life)

In short, I can't see myself EVER going back to FSX after this experience. The best part that you can't see from the screenshots is how SMOOTH the sim is. Even with all the night lighting, I'm getting 30+ frames and it's silky buttery smooth with no stutters or choppiness.

I still can't describe the feeling this is giving. I'm completely and totally blown away.

attachicon.gifp3dv2_ftxglobal1.jpg

attachicon.gifp3dv2_ftxglobal2.jpg

attachicon.gifp3dv2_ftxglobal3.jpg

attachicon.gifp3dv2_ftxglobal4.jpg

attachicon.gifp3dv2_ftxglobal5.jpg

Take a good look at the shadows in the first photo...you've got the jaggies.

No add-on Ai aircraft,Scenery,clouds,and no PMDG quality aircraft.and you are only getting 30+ FPS? What will the performance be after all those other things are thrown into the sim?

I'm using FTXGlobal (which I already said), REX Essential OD textures including the clouds, and a Carenado product which is visually on the same level as PMDG quality.

So yeah, with all that I'm still getting 30+ FPS with autogen, shadows, HDR, and other eye candy. 

Take a good look at the shadows in the first photo...you've got the jaggies.

I didn't say I solved jagged edges. My settings reduce them greatly on my system where it's tolerable for me until LM can hash something out with NVidia.

Your mileage may vary.

*edit*

for some reason 4 of the 5 pictures I posted in the OP have disappeared

How do you know Jim? Have you tried it? Or are you just trying to get a bite?

I've tried all three (because in my country we can), but out of courtesy to "you know who", I wont go there or enter into any further discussion. But I will say your comment is based only on conjecture. 

It depends. For instance, with the Aersoft Twin Otter there is very little impact on FPS. With the Carenado TBM 850 there is a severe penalty (FPS between 25-30, down from 60), but could be due to the aircraft not being optimised for Prepar3d V2. I noticed AI aircraft having very little impact on performance. Same with shadows. I have buildings and terrain receiving and casting shadows with almost no noticeable impact on frames, whereas it is very noticeable for others. I am running a GTX 780 to be fair.

So it appears that with optimisation traditional performance hogs can perform better than in FSX; it is really hard to tell at the moment, and to say the sim's performance will drop further with additional AI, weather and PMDG is likely, but not quantifiable.