Sign in to follow this  
ajpongress

P3D v2 + FTX Gobal 1.1 = no words to describe it

Could you share your settings please? It looks quite nice.

+1 really nice - Congrats - Please share your NI/P3d Settings and driver version. Window or Fullscreen ?

Could you try LFPG and take Paris under your wings ? This area has HUGE amount of Autogen

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

BIGSKY, on 01 Dec 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:snapback.png

Doesn't leave much room for addon AI , clouds and PMDG.

How do you know Jim? Have you tried it? Or are you just trying to get a bite?

Just asking a question,whats with the defensive

attitude?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I'm trying sweetfx with p3d v2.  It made the screen very dark even in the day.    It almost looks like night.  I turned all the effects off and it's still dark.  What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying sweetfx with p3d v2.  It made the screen very dark even in the day.    It almost looks like night.  I turned all the effects off and it's still dark.  What am I doing wrong?

USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 0 in 1

The LumaSharpening is amazing in SweetFX; it's the only feature I miss from it ........ but I'm not quite ready to bring an external entity like SweetFX into my P3D2 world yet ;   it's just running far too perfectly for me to risk anything tipping it over! :lol:

it's just running far too perfectly for me to risk anything tipping it over!

If its  running that perfectly  than it  wont tip it over

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'll let these brief hastily taken shots speak for themselves.

(the only thing I did for these shots was use SweetFX 1.5 with SMAA injection, LumaSharpen, and a bit of Sepia toning to give the sunlight some life)

In short, I can't see myself EVER going back to FSX after this experience. The best part that you can't see from the screenshots is how SMOOTH the sim is. Even with all the night lighting, I'm getting 30+ frames and it's silky buttery smooth with no stutters or choppiness.

I still can't describe the feeling this is giving. I'm completely and totally blown away.

http://forum.avsim.net/page/AVSIM%20Pages/screen_shot_rules.html

AJ

I am in the process of building a similar system with a 660ti.  Good to hear that it runs this well.  Thanks for sharing the pics.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

No add-on Ai aircraft,Scenery,clouds,and no PMDG quality aircraft.and you are only getting 30+ FPS? What will the performance be after all those other things are thrown into the sim?

I've installed FTX Global, MyTrafficX 5.4C, REX Essential with Overdrive and the Milviz 737-200 into P3D V2 and see very little frame rate loss with all those added.

The only way I've been able to crash my FPS is when adding too many or complex shadows coupled with a large LOD.

Whereas in FSX I was using all the above but the PMDG 777 instead of the Milviz 737 and my FPS always crashed HARD.

AFAIC, I think my experience so far has been great, but haters gotta hate!

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Prepar3d General Forum" to "The AVSIM Screen Shots Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Why was this moved?

For one, it barely has screenshots in it because over half were removed. Second, it talks about performance and uses the pictures as proof, not just showcasing features.

I agree. New mod maybe? Who knows, but it certainly makes more sense to keep it in the relevant forum. Guess somebody is going to say "well it is now"! lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I've installed FTX Global, MyTrafficX 5.4C, REX Essential with Overdrive and the Milviz 737-200 into P3D V2 and see very little frame rate loss with all those added.

I won't get into individual aircraft,because they affect each sim very differently. But I also have FTXG, REX and MyTraffic X 5.4c installed and there's little or no hit, except near the usual "suspects" (really big airports with a lot of AI traffic and extremely dense cloud cover at the highest settings). I originally had trouble with MyTraffic X, because I manually ported it over from P3d 1.4, but then I discovered I had done it wrong and now everything is okay.

This all boils down to three things:

Hardware, hardware, hardware.  :wink: