Sign in to follow this  

Back to hell

Darned. After posting my Back to reality post, I installed OpusFSX because the new beta has an option for the Volumetric fog. Great! So I set up a flight for my A2A C172, took of towards a sky filled with clouds and after a minute...

11150307326_95377f1e6b_o.jpg

And that after in fact lowering my settings...!

Now this error may be due to OpusFSX (adding too much clouds maybe? Or perhaps OpusFSX is buggy?) but still... this is a big show stopper, of course. If going Back to reality brings me Back to hell... I am losing hope fast. Never ever had this in FSX. I own a GTX580 and maybe a GTX780 will solve this but who can guarantee that?

Bummer. Huge disappointment. As others posted a few times already: things may be fine with default stuff but what happens when you start using addons? Well, this, apparently...?

LOL Within one day I posted a topic called 'Jaw-dropping' followed by 'Back to reality' and now 'Back to hell'. I hope the line downwards stops here. :P

Welcome back B) .

LOL Thanks. ^_^

I've sort of got to the 'hmmm' stage now really. I am trying to stay optimistic and will hold onto my purchase, at least for now, but I have to say I sort of hoped it would have been...well, tested.

Just had a little fly around EGCC in FSX with the Airbus X and had it FPS locked with that DXTory app and I have to say it was pleasantly smooth about getting about 25 ish and that's with a AMD 8350 / 660GTX.

I really hope LM get their act together quickly as i'm not sure how long I can stay optimistic and I bought the pro version, so £125 ain't chicken feed.

I can't use opus either, mainly as it seems to generate too complex cloud systems and my fps tanks. But the Orbx weather themes are bloody impressive in it, so I'm not sure I need the add-ons.

Also today I linked V2 to the old aerosoft Paris Orly airport. I saw 13fps, my god. That was in the default Carenado 36..

I am trying to stay optimistic and will hold onto my purchase, at least for now, but I have to say I sort of hoped it would have been...well, tested.

Well, I have to say that right now I am also keeping an eye on the calender... Things really have to improve the coming two months because as it is now, P3D is becoming a bit useless. Apparently I have to lower my settings to FSX standards (including lower radius which will introduce more popping up of autogen again). Or I only have to use default planes and default weather...?

I will do the exact same flight again but now without OpusFSX. I did install REX clouds today but they look like crap without a good weather engine, which is why I installed OpusFSX. I will see what happens without it, but I don't want to be stuck with default weather, really. .

I will postpone my GPU purchase plans, that's for sure.

adding pmdg and all of ORBX as well as opus will get inetersting

ZORAN

Sorry mate but I do find this a bit funny.

Can I suggest as the only really good thing that's come from P3D for me is it made me buy Global.

Install fsx again/global....enjoy. Come back to P3d in a good few months. Try NY in fsx at max setting works well. O and no oom's

if you add fsdream team KJFK to that you WILL be blown away.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

No Kidding, people may actually go to FSX to get decent frame rates :blink:

Talk about irony!

Can I suggest as the only really good thing that's come from P3D for me is it made me buy Global.

Install fsx again/global....enjoy. Come back to P3d in a good few months. Try NY in fsx at max setting works well. O and no oom's

The problem with P3D is it doesn't actually appear to have been Beta tested at all, or maybe we're the Beta team? who knows.

I expected, I know its a daft idea, that Lockheed Martin, a huge contractor in the aviation field, would have thoroughly tested their program and had it working 'out of the box' properly. It feels to some degree, though not as bad, like FSX again.

Like I said, I've got 60days but so have LM.

I have FTX Global installed, flew the A2A C172, use REX clouds (only clouds, nothing else) and apparently adding OpusFSX to the mix was too much already. Don't think the PMDG will work. ^_^ At least not with my setup. But as I said, I don't want to spend money on my PC just for P3D if I can't be sure it will have an effect. At first I was uncertain if I would gain performance: I now know I will. But now I am uncertain if I will be able to keep the sim running, even with a GTX780.

LOL No need to feel sorry. Although I am of course disappointed I am also amused by my own initial enthusiasm and my current view on it all. :rolleyes: However, I don't feel like going back to FSX. If this doesn't work out, I might quit simming altogether. I've been going up and down too often, been going from hope to despair and back again more often then I want: I want this sim to work and if it doesn't, I'll find something else to to.

I don't even feel like doing that same flight again, as I posted just now. I will wait for the first updates from LM.

Adding Opus / REX Clouds didn't give me as much of a performance hit as i was thinking it would FPS wise. As for OOM's they are consistently appearing both with Opus/Rex and default. 

I honestly doubt that a new graphics card will remedy the OOM's. I'm sitting on a 7970 Toxic with 6GB VRam.

It's weird sometimes. Save your flight, Delete your shaders, reboot pc and start again. It might improve the situation. It has done for me, which says something

I think a lot of people were surprised at how short the Beta Test was. I hope 2.1 comes out fairly quickly and corrects some problems and adds SLI support. I'm afraid that some of the problems are simply endemic to the parts of the FSX engine that have been ported into P3D.

- Bill Magann

I have been vigorously testing cards, overclocking and my payware aircraft, primarily my Carenado Malibu and at times its great but then it starts chopping and finally freezes. 

Currently I'm running my Phenom AMD Processor 6 cores at between 3.7 to 4.0 GHZ and I have tested 3 video cards, GTX 460, GTX 670 and AMD R9 260x. It does appear to be all about the card and unless you can drop some serious bucks I don't think your going to be consistently happy.

Seriously considering just going back to FSX as I am currently working on my IFR Rating and I need my performance to be reliable. 

Dont know what to think. 

I've been tinkering and have pretty much found the slider limits that will keep me OOM-free.  I'm at a point where P3Dv2 looks better than FSX and flies far more smoothly, making me very pleased with the purchase.