Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Bex Errors Modules MSVCR80.dll & MSVCR60.dll

After reading quite a few posts in these Forums about BEX errors I'm posting as a last resort because I don't know what else to do to sort out these erors.

FSX Acceleration with the following:

Current Visual C++ 2005, 2008 & 2010 already installed.

MicrosoftFixit50496 (Heap limitation) installed

DEP turned off permanently

Do not always get Bex errors with the above mentioned modules. But whenever I load the PMDG T7 the screen freezes either during taxi or during landing and BEX error with fault module MSVCR80.dll rears its ugly head. Could there be perhaps a conflict between Visual C++ modules. Some addon sceneries like FSDreamtam also install C++ 2010 not sure what uses MSVCR60.dll which used to appear ocassionally as the culprit before the MSVCR80.dll errors started. Appreciate BEX errors are difficult to solve and don't think that the T7 is necessarily the culprit, but perhaps 2010 module is clashing with 2008 module.

Any advice much appreciated.

Regards

Sounds like you do not have FSX or an addon properly installed. MSVCR60.dll belongs to Visual Studio 6 which should not be located on your computer system. I mean, talk about an old, old module!! FSX and all FSX addons use Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 w/SP1, 2008, and 2010. You need to go into your add/remove programs and look for Visual Studio 6 and uninstall it. I have about every FSX/Acceleration addon that was ever made for the product and my computer system does not have MSVCR60.dll or VS6. If you installed an addon from FS95, 2000, 2002, or even have these old products installed, this could be the cause.

MSVCR80.dll belongs to the Microsoft Visual C++2005 module. MSVCR90.dll belongs to the 2008 module and the MSVCR100.dll belongs to 2010 (which PMDG has stated they use for installing their products). Microsoft Visuals are used by developers to make sure their product is installed properly in the way they intended. If they used MSV 2005, the installer will install MSV2005 if it cannot find it already installed. This is the same with VS6. Some installer did not see VS6 installed so it installed it. This would have to be from several years ago. If you do not see VS6 installed in the Add/Remove, then I would delete the module as it should not be located with any FSX installation.

DEP should be turned on for FSX. It prevents viruses and other evil things. It's impossible to do it via the Windows DEP program but I understand there are programs out on the Internet that you can use to circumvent FSX's security system.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply and a very educational post. I have reinstalled C++ 2005 w/SP1. Regarding MSVCR60.dll, unfortunately I made a mistake, my system is free of this file, the file that was previously giving me the BEX  error was actually MSVBVM60.DLL, which is part of Visual Basic, did also remove this one, because it was installed  by mistake in the system some months ago. As regards DEP I use the command "bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff/On"  turning it on after FSX session.

However, if I were continue to have MSVCR80.dll, what do you think would be the reason behind them.

Regards

However, if I were continue to have MSVCR80.dll, what do you think would be the reason behind them.

It is possible that FSX or an addon is looking for a certain version of the dll. Microsoft has set up a website where you can download and install the latest versions - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667. The latest version of the MSVCR80.dll has 6195 as the last four digits on the version number. The PMDG T7 uses MSV 2010 so it is not the PMDG install that is wrong. It has to be an install of FSX/Acceleration or an addon that used MSVCR80.dll. The dll is doing what the developers of the program asked and that was to throw an error if their is a bad install.

Make sure required Microsoft.net Framework Packages are installed and up-to-date - The appropriate Microsoft.net Framework packages are normally installed when you first install FSX/Acceleration/P3D and commercial add-on programs if the appropriate package is not found. You will need versions 1.1 through the latest. You can see what versions are installed by going to your Windows Explorer and look for Windows/Microsoft.net/Framework/(then the versions installed). Once the packages are installed, Windows Update will periodically update the packages. You can verify whether your versions are properly installed and up-to-date by using the .Net Framework Setup Verification Tool User's Guide - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx. Microsoft.net packages are used by developers to make sure the program runs in the way they intended, including memory management. The packages are, for the most part, not backward compatible.

Disable modules in dll.xml – Sometimes a module you have installed is corrupted. You can check to see if any modules are the cause of your crashes by disabling all modules (except the first one). Change the parameter False in the line <Disabled>False</Disabled> to True. If the problem is fixed, then enable each module one by one until the culprit is found.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim I am very grateful for helping me with this issue and for the time you have spent in explaining all the possible causes for this error. Rest assured I will carry out a check on all the items you have mentioned. I'll be only too pleased to buy you a pint or two if you ever come to London.

Regards

Thanks for your kind comments Joaquin and offer.  It's too late for me to make it in time for tonight's happy hour though.  Got to golf tomorrow.... B)

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM