Sign in to follow this  
TvD

Prepar3d v2 = beta

I have followed the avsim forums and the official prepar3d forum for a week now.

Conclusion: prepar3d v2 is still in beta-stage, just like in the beginning fsx and pmdg 737ngx and 777 where in beta. (pmdg777 still is)

That's the way it has to be, the more people use it, the more the bugs and flaws will come to the surface.

It's a mather of time, probably 6 months or longer before most of the problems are solved.

Those who use Prepar3D v2 right now are in fact still  beta-testers.

It's still :angry:and :unsure:and :angry:and :wub:and sleepless nights! :(

I decided to stay with FSX for at least 6 months untill you guys have it all sorted out  :lol:

Then, thanks to you all, I will make the switch, I suppose eventually most of us will.

Thank you beta's :P

groetjes TvD

My thoughts as well…

It is hard to believe that many of these issues were not discovered during their beta sessions; and to the extent that they were not, perhaps LM should have increased the participation.

While I think LM is on the right track, I have no desire to pay a lot of money for a beta. I learned my lesson with an $80 purchase of the XP10 beta; I could not play it for almost a year due to issues.

For $199, P3D has to be in better shape than what I am seeing on these forums. However, I am looking forward to a more stable P3D…I will then get it and leave FSX in the past.

Just goes to show that there is sometimes a need for the Dumb button. :smile:

I actually agree somewhat. 

This is the way software has been going the past 5 years or so. It's frustrating. 

I've played DCS titles, ARMA 2/3, Rise of Flight, FSX (is it still in beta lol?), etc. All these niche genre titles are released buggy as hell these days. 

I actually agree somewhat. 

This is the way software has been going the past 5 years or so. It's frustrating. 

I've played DCS titles, ARMA 2/3, Rise of Flight, FSX (is it still in beta lol?), etc. All these niche genre titles are released buggy as hell these days. 

FSX is the biggest still standing beta I've ever seen.  To have any FSX user come in here complaining about P3D when FSX wasn't usable in any reasonable state for nearly five years after it's release is laughable.  The OP states 6 months to get things sorted when the sim he prefers still isn't sorted out.  These posts and people's logic is 'nuts'...   :wacko2:  :blink:  :unsure:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I believe this thread is a good example of the use of the Downvote system being misused as a tool to insult.  P3D has some flaws that are coming to light.  Some people think that is fine and dandy, par for the course, and will always try to put a happy spin on it, even to the point of doing outright damage control and PR, as if they were a corporate/political spokesman.  Others had some higher expectations for P3D and are very dissapointed in the issues they are finding, having hoped that P3D would involve less tweaking or tuning, or fix more legacy issues.   Still others, such as myself, are reading these issues trying to determine when the time is right, and just want to figure out what the facts are before doing a complete system overhaul requiring a massive investment in both time and money.   Do you P3D enthusiasts really need to be calling everybody who isn't quite as excited,  dissipointed in their experience, or didn't become a hard-line P3D acolyte on day one as "Dumb".   Admittedly, the poster could have used more tact, but I think his main point, agree or disagree, is a valid position to hold.  I clicked up on his post as Useful, because it is--I don't want to just hear the Panglossian point of view.

Be careful Les, they might ban you again for those words.................lol

Dave Taylor gb.png

Even with a few of the bugs, you must remember that LM is actively listening and working with the FS community to enhance the sim further. We are their best resource of what is and is not working. We get a sim which can be used for simulation of flight while they get an phenomenal product which they can sell to training programs.

Win-Win in my book.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

FSX is the biggest still standing beta I've ever seen.  To have any FSX user come in here complaining about P3D when FSX wasn't usable in any reasonable state for nearly five years after it's release is laughable.  The OP states 6 months to get things sorted when the sim he prefers still isn't sorted out.  These posts and people's logic is 'nuts'...   :wacko2:  :blink:  :unsure:

The problem with software, and videogames, nowadays is that people are much too forgiving of faults. Some people even buy unfinished products; DCS sells the Huey as a Beta version and some FSX aircraft are sold as unfinished products.

Its an unhealthy trend that appears to be growing.

Some folks seem to be very emotionally invested in P3D. If you criticize it you will get a "dumb" vote.

- Bill Magann

I believe this thread is a good example of the use of the Downvote system being misused as a tool to insult.  P3D has some flaws that are coming to light.  Some people think that is fine and dandy, par for the course, and will always try to put a happy spin on it, even to the point of doing outright damage control and PR, as if they were a corporate/political spokesman.  Others had some higher expectations for P3D and are very dissapointed in the issues they are finding, having hoped that P3D would involve less tweaking or tuning, or fix more legacy issues.   Still others, such as myself, are reading these issues trying to determine when the time is right, and just want to figure out what the facts are before doing a complete system overhaul requiring a massive investment in both time and money.   Do you P3D enthusiasts really need to be calling everybody who isn't quite as excited,  dissipointed in their experience, or didn't become a hard-line P3D acolyte on day one as "Dumb".   Admittedly, the poster could have used more tact, but I think his main point, agree or disagree, is a valid position to hold.  I clicked up on his post as Useful, because it is--I don't want to just hear the Panglossian point of view.

Actually, there is no such thing as "misusing the voting system" by virtue of the fact that the options are freely available for people to select, based on their view of a post.

If it is deemed that some posts are 'exempt' from certain voting ratings, then AVSIM should surely be stating "Warning: Dumb voted will not be accepted for this post" ....... yes, a ridiculous suggestion of course, which underlines my point.

If people are given a rating system, then their use of it can hardly be deemed as 'misuse'.     If you watch an ice skating performance at the Olympics and a judge holds up a '1' placard, do you see an adjudicator run over, to scold him and accuse him of 'misuse'   :rolleyes:

For one who constantly talks about people needing to be thicker skinned, I think you need to grow a thicker skin yourself and stop getting all diddy excited about dumb votes KingGhidorah...... another one of your perpetual paradoxical views on things.  

The OP was baiting for a reaction, he was antagonistic, patronizing and stating an utterly vacuous point ........ as someone else said, if P3D2 is a beta, then FSX is a 7 year beta. 

Oh by the way, the OP trolled another thread with exactly the same 'beta' BS as here :-

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/427782-the-thing-with-p3d2-and-ooms-is/?p=2867411

Starting to see the pattern? ....... Still defending him again Dumb votes, KingGhidorah?......

:wink:

Some folks seem to be very emotionally invested in P3D. If you criticize it you will get a "dumb" vote.

Yes, and if you speak positively of P3D2, likewise you will get a dumb vote - as you gave me!

So what a ridiculous point you make, where you go on to do exactly what you were criticizing.   :rolleyes:

Some people here are just trolling the P3D2 forum and are nothing but mean and jealous that some of us are happy ....... simple as.

The OP was baiting for a reaction, he was antagonistic, patronizing and stating an utterly vacuous point ........ 

In the rest of the world wide web, it's simply called trolling, and isn't tolerated nearly as much as it is here at AVSIM.

(Queue 5 people to tell me there are certainly worse places than AVSIM on the internet...lol...really ? You don't say...)

To be honest I've just about had my fill of the children running loose around here lately. it is really getting hard to deal with.

Regards,

Brian Doney

I agree Brian.

There has been some superb, genuinely useful discussion and sharing of ideas in the P3D forum over the last week, and as of today, certain agenda-led people, who hate P3D and have no intention of using it, have landed in the P3D forum to spread their 'word'.

Thread going nowhere. Locked

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4