Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Wilco TBM850

Was wondering if anyone has tried this yet?  It appears to be out as I was able to add it to my shopping cart (can someone verify?).  This release looks promising as it is part of their new Hifi line.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Thanks for posting. I was anticipating the release and now will add to my "Black Friday" purchases!

Keith

Keith Guillory

Have been waiting, and saw that it was finally available (although oddly the release/availability dates still say December/January).

Swooped it up into my cart, but PayPal promptly blew up. 

Sigh - I guess is just not meant to be, at least until the PayPal support people fix me up.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I purchased it but somehow the product didn't appear in my account. Contacted Wilco, waiting for an answer.

Glad i used PayPal so i can request a refund if something goes wildly wrong.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

You guys are BRAVE!

I bet Wilco haven't even released it yet; but are apparantly taking money from people's PayPal accounts.....    I hope to be wrong!

I got it, it doesn't seem to have SIDs but i may be wrong, still playing around with the G1000 but one thing is for sure... It eats framerate for breakfast, it's more hungry than the 777. If you turn off the displays, framerate goes up like crazy.

It seems to perform very well, sound is great, graphics are excellent. I'm no GA/TBM850 expert so i'll have to do some reading regarding performance before i can say anything correct about it.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

For 30 bucks US, if its pretty good it might be a good deal.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Would be nice to hear how the G1000 detail turns out. I think that was one of the unique points over the otherwise fine Carendo release. From Namco's post, it seems like both renditions like some fps for breakfast, eh?

This should be the warm-up for the Falcon, lets see how it goes

I wonder is some of the G1000 "functionality" can be disabled to improve frame-rates? I don't use 90-percent of what they are capable of.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

anymore on this?  I'm debating on buying Carenado's TBM... but I'm holding off until I hear more.. so far I'm leaning with Carenado simply because of the report of frames tanking with the Wilco version.

Ciao!

FPS still concerns me. I might save funds and look at free pictures on controller.com or something instead. It's a nice looking plane in all regards, but I haven't graduated to the G1000 as a main instrument layout yet. If I do buy the TBM I might wait for the box release with printed manuals.

Keith Guillory