Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

So....... What does this remind you of?

In case you're wondering, this is Prepare3D with high settings. I was watching this and could feel a little smile forming, it just seemed so..... familiar.  B)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have seen that somewhere before but with much better resolution. Very slow approach, I almost dosed off.

Steve

I tested P3D also in the last few days.

MSFlight is still better, just lacking content...

I spent 15 hrs tweaking P3DV2.0 this weekend. What a pile of crap.

I finished my day with some eyecandy..... MS Flight. It still looks 5 times better.

I spent 15 hrs tweaking P3DV2.0 this weekend. What a pile of crap.

I finished my day with some eyecandy..... MS Flight. It still looks 5 times better.

Well its early days. LM has a strong financial incentive to fix things and and the resources necessary to do so.

That being said, at least Flight was free so you could try it out and see for yourself if it was going to work for you (right now) before plopping down any major bucks.

Even X-plane does that.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I really want to make a joke out of Rob Ford right now, but it would be too insulting, and it wouldn't relate to the topic either.

P3DV2,0? Maybe Air Cadets could use it! I'll stick with Flight though. I have next to 0 income anyway.

That being said, at least Flight was free so you could try it out and see for yourself if it was going to work for you (right now) before plopping down any major bucks.

You can buy the developers license for 1 month for 10 bucks. Also, LM has a 60 day refund policy. 

You can buy the developers license for 1 month for 10 bucks. Also, LM has a 60 day refund policy. 

I'm.......

Not a developer?

Wont go through the mental gymnastics to convince myself its right to pretend to be one, either. Its just not me.  :unsure:

As for buying and refunding.... eh. I would end up keeping it even if I hated it. (I know myself too well) 

For me right now, the main thing I think about P3D (so far) is that the videos reminded me of Flight.  :lol:

Devons rig

I'm.......

Not a developer?

Wont go through the mental gymnastics to convince myself its right to pretend to be one, either. Its just not me.  :unsure:

As for buying and refunding.... eh. I would end up keeping it even if I hated it. (I know myself too well) 

For me right now, the main thing I think about P3D (so far) is that the videos reminded me of Flight.  :lol:

Alrighty then..

Just saying, the opportunity to try it is there. 

Alrighty then..

Just saying, the opportunity to try it is there. 

And thank you for bringing it up. I had actually gone to the page previously and seen the developers license, and it never even occurred to me to try it that way. I will have to let the idea percolate for a while. But I suspect if I get it, it will be the full deal.

Meanwhile I will wonder what something like...... St Maarten for instance, would look and run like translated into FLIGHT.

Devons rig

Meanwhile I will wonder what something like...... St Maarten for instance, would look and run like translated into FLIGHT.

That would be interesting all right! Right now, FLIGHT landclass, such as it is, can not be beat! My own humble opinion of course.

Steve

That would be interesting all right! Right now, FLIGHT landclass, such as it is, can not be beat! My own humble opinion of course.

Steve

I've been using it a lot since release. I wanted a sim that flew like FLIGHT and had the lighting and immersion that FLIGHT has. of course theirs the flight dynamics but that will slowly come I'm sure.

What's almost certain it will never have, and that is the amazing details that are dotted around all over. Hawaii was a jewel.

Yep.  We need more of this :

Just a note - That dredge is actually there. I saw it when I was in Scagway back in Sept.  It was the only one we saw, however.

I did find a geocache in a piece of mining equipment while roaming around in Scagway too. It was a good day.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals