Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Auto Pilot Question

My goal is to engage the Autopilot Master ( cmd ) with a button of my Saitek Yoke.

What is strange that after deleting all keyboard assingments, pressing z on the keyboard is

still activating the A/P ( cmd ) !

FSX --> Options --> Settings --> Controls ---> Button keys 

How can I eliminate this ? Is another program interfering and if yes which one ?

Hubert Werni

Herbert Werni

Check the PMDG keyboard shortcut settings in the CDU, PMDG settings, options, key commands, autoflight.

Now comes step 2.I am looking for a Saitek Yoke button command which engages the Autopilot cmdA.

The reason is I want to keep both hands on the yoke during take off and when it is time to switch to

auto pilot just press a button on the yoke.

What I find strange is that I can disconnect the cmdA by pressing the assigned button but not engage.

The button command claims autopilot on/off.

Does anybody use a Saitek button to engage the a/p comA ? And if so,how ?

Thanks 

Hubert Werni

Herbert Werni

The reason is I want to keep both hands on the yoke during take off and when it is time to switch to auto pilot just press a button on the yoke.

While I understand that idea, it might be better to have an AP disconnect button (as in the real plane), and set up two buttons for elevator trim.  The plane should be properly trimmed before engaging the autopilot, and if it's in trim, it won't matter if you let go of the yoke.

That would be the proper way, but if you still want to do it the way you're asking, you'll need a joystick-keystroke mapper, or you can use FSUIPC (registered).

Kyle Rodgers

The way I do it with the Saitek yoke is : use the left rocker switch for the trim assigned in FSX, use the right lower rocker for engaging-disengaging the A/P assigned using the PMDG key commands with the registered FSUIPC.

Jerry Sterner