Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Questions for Laminar Research - Users Invited

As you said, "airports have been addressed." Well they have not, as the latest release of 250 is but a tiny fraction of the near 33,000 total X-Plane has according to a review I read.

And you also said "and in future updates I'm sure they will add more" or words to that effect. I interpret this as a "hope" on your part as you don't really know for sure what final total count will be via the WED "crowdsourcing" tool.

Microsoft airports have buildings at every airport, X-Plane does not.......X-Plane is a really great platform, but it needs buildings at every airport.

So my complaint is, that you make a statement that this is not important to you, and should be discounted based on your personal opinion, even though I and another individual have stated it is important to us.

So we, and possibly others, want this shortcoming included in the list.

If you have a request, then add it, but don't discount others who differ with you about what is important.

I know the AVSIM team will look at these requests and provide Laminar with a great list.

Bill Clark

Your question is valid but it has been addressed, they are leaving it up to the community to build the airports. Its been mentioned in the developers blog many times. Lets be realistic, this is not Microsoft with deep pockets, they are not going hire a bunch of people to fill in the airports. Just saying...

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

My two main concerns/wishes are:

Can we please get rid of the fog of war and the ring of clouds!

Are these things going to be fixed in version 10 or do we have to wait for version 11?

I can live with the empty buildings at airports and poor sound.

My questions are cockpit related:

• Will there be multiple undockable window views  for a single PC with a hefty graphics card in the future?
  • Will there be a licensing option for cockpits which may use as many as 10 PC's? Buying 10x X-plane copies is a bit heavy since it is still effectively one user.
  • Will there be a change in the way knobs are turned with the mouse?

Dave Britzius

(Cockpit builder)

Greetings

Dave Britzius

(Cockpit Designer and Flight Simulator Hardware Supplier)

Cape Town

http://davebritzius.com

my questions: 2 years after release of xp 10, time for a resumee:

* did the numer of converts from fsx meet expectations? how about partners (eg aerosoft) and 3rd parties?

* which areas in xplane progressed better than expected, which are behind schedule?

* did the vision of a plausible world worked out for him? where are the gaps (e.g arts, seasons, living world, etc)

* what are the major areas he wants to adress in xp10 and where should 3rd parties step in...

* Is xp11 already on the radar?

* Will he extend the staff?

Question:   Can we expect to see an ATC of the equal, and excellent nature of the Microsoft format and scope, since MS 2004/FS9?

Question: Can we expect to see an A.I. engine that also is of the equal of the aforementioned in question 1.

Thank you!

1) Functioning ATC system, when?

2) Will LR ever consider adding SLI support into XP10 or even XP11?

3) How about OpenGL version of DirectX 11, any plans for it to be part of future XP10 enhancements?

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Hello,

1. Are there plans to adopt any touch screen functions to X-Plane 10/11?

2. Any plans to increase the number of people to help XP progress?

3. Will global coverage include the Arctic and Antarctica?

4. Will a built-in protocol be devised for sorting out Custom Scenery?

Thanks

Jim Morgan

Will there be any improvement on the water depiction, like different colors varying according to water depth, water type (i.e. sea, rivers, lakes) and wind speed? Waves breaking on the shore?

Will there be Regional autogen, and regional water textures, and better clouds. Also, More aminals like prarie dogs or different bird types.

Will there be auto-generated (as "autogen") 3D grass rendered on top of texturized 2D grass surfaces? It would be great for grass runways and airport adjacent grass surfaces.

What about create an API that allows 3rd-party developers create plugins that can command the AI traffic movement, in higher level commands (i.e. climb to FL100, turn left heading 151, hold position, clear for landing rwy 17, etc.)?

Will there be any further improvements to the clouds ? I would like to see Towering Cumulus clouds, Cumulonimbus clouds, etc....

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I would like to see wet runways, visually depicted. I mean reflections on wet runway surfaces, as in FSX and P3D. Is it planned for upcoming versions? When?

Great idea here's a few...

1. What is LR's mid to long term goals (3-5years)? Do you (Austin M.) aspire for XP to compete for the commercial flight simulator market or does your interest in XP remain more personal in nature. If your intent is for XP to be the leader in the flight simulator enthusiast market how do you intend to get there?

2. LR isn't a large company in the world of business so how do you intend to compete with a global aerospace giant like LM for the flight simulator market; and perhaps more importantly convince third party developers to support your platform rather than go with a competitor?

3. Has LR ever considered outsourcing portions of the sim to be developed by other teams of developers and thus allow you to focus on core improvments, especially with regard to common areas of complaints (regional autogen, lack of landmarks, A/I traffic, seasonal artwork)?

4. With crowd sourcing the idea behind populating the worlds airports how does LR intend to maintain quality control/assurance on these user based submissions when quality variation is commonplace. If it requires additional staffing wont this slow development further?

5. Interfacing aircraft controls is considered by some to be difficult. LR has remained firm on not implementing mouse wheel manipulators yet with XP10 several "by popular demand" improvments to the sim have been made. Will LR consider any new options for users to improve their ability to control their aircraft; not just mouse wheel manipulators but persistent and easily configurable control layout configurations similar to what FSUIPC offers to the MSFS community?

Edit- I see some of the questions have already been asked while I was typing this but I'll leave them included for emphasis.

Perfect questions-

+1