Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

I'm speechless

I contacted few days ago a guy named FSXGenius. He is gaining popularity on YT very fast, tutorial videos, tips on perormance, graphics, etc. Didn't checked his YT channel in detail, just a few videos, and saw that he is ok guy, really. So, as I said, I contacted him on FB regarding my problem with DPC latency. I described the problem, and thank him in advance if he could throw me couple of tips. Then I got this message, by his FB page admin I suppose, I quote:

"I spoke to **** and he advises that you request him to tweak your system, its a good idea because the tweaks he applies will surely solve these issues as he not only tweaks the CFG but a host of other interface systems etc. My advice would be to spend the 20 pounds and have a fantastic experience with FSX with no more hassles. cheers"

Wait, what? Are you kidding me, right? This is an indirect insult to all good people here on AVSIM and any other sim forum. Word Not Allowed, Paul J and many others gave countless tips and tutorials on tweaking countless systems and cfg files. Some members here should be RICH how many tips on tweaking they gave/give still.

Don't get me wrong, it's not about 30, 20 or 5 pounds, it is all about attitude. This is really a disgraceful way to earn some money. Worst of all, how can I know that he is able to tweak my system, if I'm crazy enough and send 20 pounds?

And I thought this guy is cool, sigh.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

People charging to tweak FSX cfg files? LOL..  That's some racket he's got going on.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

You can get free advice in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide Version 2.  A link to the guide is in my signature.

Best regards,

• Upvote 4

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

People charging to tweak FSX cfg files? LOL..  That's some racket he's got going on.. 

Not only cfg, he is tweaking systems.

Forgot to mention, I would probably send him some money as a appreciation, if he could tweak my system to run FSX without any hitch/dpc latency. But with this attitude, I will not send him a single cent.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I seriously can't believe I am reading this...   :(

I posted about this guy "FSX Genius" when someone else linked to him a few days ago.   Watch his videos and you will quickly realize that he has less knowledge of FSX than the average user in this community.  Everything that he conveys is taken straight from Frooglesim's videos, and I'll not go there....

Do not pay this guy to tweak your CFG!!!!

Thanks for bringing this to people's attention Pe11e  :cool:

You can get free advice in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide Version 2.  A link to the guide is in my signature.

Best regards,

Thank you Jim. I already checked avsim conf. guide few times.

I'm running FSX in DX10 mode now with the Fixer, and it is smooooth like butter, never have been happier about performance. The thing is, when I load some airplanes (freeware or payware) I have problems with higher dpc latency that is causing sound crackling and lots of stutters. With default planes and for example QW 757 dpc latency is quite low.

The thing is, when I load some airplanes (freeware or payware) I have problems with higher dpc latency that is causing sound crackling and lots of stutters.

According to the following from NickN in his old Setting up FSX and Tuning It Guide this may be a fix but it is quite old.  In any case it probably has something to do with a BufferPool setting.  I personally do not recommend a Bufferpool setting for the latest systems but it might work for yours:

"SOUND CRACKING AND DISTORTION – SMOOTHER FLIGHT

Based on research done by Sargeski on sound crackle issues and latency, he discovered raising bufferpools on a 1GB single core Nvidia card will eliminate such sound problems. They are related to high autogen slider and latency on buss.

To resolve the issue the user MUST have a 1GB SINGLE CORE Nvidia card such as the GTX 280 or GTX 285:

[bufferpools]
poolsize=490000000    <--- that will be somewhere between 450 and 490MB

NOTE:

A side effect to this discover is that larger VM cards which DO NOT display the sound crackle issue may RAISE bufferpools for a smoother flight result. For larger VM memory cards (1GB) this value can be anywhere from 100000000 (100MB) to 400000000 (400MB)

It is a ‘trial and error” setting. Most find 200000000 (200MB) works very well.

NOTE:

THE HIGH BUFFERPOOL SETTINGS MENTIONED ABOVE ARE NOT TYPICAL. IN MANY CASES SUCH HIGH SETTINGS (ABOVE 100MB EVEN WITH LARGE VM CARDS) CAN CAUSE VISUAL GRAPHIC ERRORS IN FSX.

NOT EVERYONE WILL SEE SUCCESS WITH TRYING BUFFERPOOLS ABOVE 100MB

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I tried almost every poolsize value, and got very strange results. The higher the value was, the higher dpc latency was. I eventually settled with poolsize=8000 or even 4000, and latency was quite low in default planes. As soon I load any more complex plane, dpc latency goes high. This testing is done in DX9 and GTX 560 OC.

I posted about this guy "FSX Genius" when someone else linked to him a few days ago.

When I encounter a person that is a self proclaimed genius I tend to shrug, grin politely and walk the other way as discreetly fast as possible. True geniuses very seldom if ever flaunt their gift!

On the other hand, . . . . . . Hey, folks. I'm a genius at not being a genius so would you please send me some money? If that works I can pay a public relations expert and I can become famous for being famous. Never will I have to make pointless comments that serve no purpose on a forum again. :Big Grin:

The OP just serves us a reminder that some people will do anything for money, except earn it.

Best regards to all,

Mel

I tried almost every poolsize value, and got very strange results. The higher the value was, the higher dpc latency was. I eventually settled with poolsize=8000 or even 4000, and latency was quite low in default planes. As soon I load any more complex plane, dpc latency goes high. This testing is done in DX9 and GTX 560 OC.

Take a boo at this, Pe11e, it might help you some.

All the best,

pj

• Upvote 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul, will check it out ASAP. :)

Unless the guy has created 80+ YouTube accounts to scam you, he is actually legitimately helping people and they are liking the results and testifying to it.    He doesn't just tweak your CFG file actually.   It is close to an hour to two hour process of getting every file in shape and order to have the maximum performance for your specific system.   He logs into your system via TeamViwer and works on it in real time so you can see what he is doing.    Not everyone on the planet who wants to fly this simulator has the time, patience or knowledge to try and get their system functioning right.    Hell, I've followed every single guide on AVSIM, NickN, *******, God and the Easter Bunny and I still have problems from time to time after 6 months of raging frustration.    If this guy can legitimately take the BS out of tweaking this broke pile of code garbage then I say hey, CHARGE AWAY.   No different than people who blow their money on useless program like FS Booster and all the other Boosters out there, but at least you get costumer service in real time.   This takes it beyond what any of those programs can do anyway.   

• Upvote 2

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Let's not forget there was another person who offered this very same service and many thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. Sadly, he has passed away and his services are no longer available.

• Upvote 2

Unless the guy has created 80+ YouTube accounts to scam you, he is actually legitimately helping people and they are liking the results and testifying to it.    He doesn't just tweak your CFG file actually.   It is close to an hour to two hour process of getting every file in shape and order to have the maximum performance for your specific system.   He logs into your system via TeamViwer and works on it in real time so you can see what he is doing.    Not everyone on the planet who wants to fly this simulator has the time, patience or knowledge to try and get their system functioning right.    Hell, I've followed every single guide on AVSIM, NickN, *******, God and the Easter Bunny and I still have problems from time to time after 6 months of raging frustration.    If this guy can legitimately take the BS out of tweaking this broke pile of code garbage then I say hey, CHARGE AWAY.   No different than people who blow their money on useless program like FS Booster and all the other Boosters out there, but at least you get costumer service in real time.   This takes it beyond what any of those programs can do anyway.   

Amen!! Hallelujah and Thank you Sir! Someone is on target here.

I was blessed with having Ryan, from PMDG, use "TeamViewer" to get into my computer and do, for me, what FSXGenius is doing here for a fee.

I would have GLADLY paid Ryan, but I just caught him in just the right mood, at just the right time. He spent two hours buried in my computer with "TeamViewer" and my FSX has run perfectly for me ever since, to this day. When I offered to pay him, he just said for me to "enjoy" the coming PMDG 777 after it gets released.

If FSXGenius has anywhere near the knowledge to Ryan, his service would be quite valuable for those who would rather fly in FSX, than spend their time reading, tweaking and experimenting with it.

Rather than hear negative criticism from those who have never tried his services, and are unwilling to do so, I would much rather hear reviews from those who have had experience with it.

That is what I'm trying to say. If he can do a miracle with the system and FSX, I would gladly send a donation. But when someone has an attitude "send me the money and I will tweak", I reject the takeoff and call it emergency.

But first of all:

- letting someone you don't know a bit to fiddle with your system is risky

- is that person really an expert and "genius"?

- send the money then wait the guy to show, or let the guy tweak then send the money?

- is that hard to send few tweaking guide links instead of asking for money?