Sign in to follow this  
Baylorguy

FSX to Xplane 10 Convert

For airliners, I highly recommended: JARDesign A320, FF 757, FlyJSim 727 and the Saab 340.

SkyMAXX is an absolute must!

I have the FF 777 and the Q400, they are good but I much prefer the others. I really the the S-92, fantastic model!

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

I have been playing about the with demo and might get Xplane for Xmas. However I would miss Ai traffic like MyTraffic X and ATC like Vox. The Aerosoft airports look nice but theres nothing in Xplane like FSDT, Fly Tampa or Flightbeam.

I would heartily welcome FSDT and Fly Tampa to the X-Plane fold. Flightbeam, however... Well, let's just say their representative on the forums hasn't made many friends on the X-Plane side of things.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Hmmm, that was, still is, and will be - Aerowinx, for the 747-400, I'm affraid :-)

I wouldn't be so sure. Looks like IXEG is going to the smallest details.

Moreover, we already know that IXEG will be superior in the visual (external model, VC) and sound department. There's a video of a walkaround inside the passenger cabin and outside the aircraft, in which you can hear the sounds of the various aircraft systems in operation while you walk close to them.

While the sounds and external model in other add-on aircrafts may be pure "eye candy", in this case, given the depth and complexity of the simulation, It could very well be that they could be used for increased operations realism. Examples:

.) doing a walkaround inspection;

.) walking in the passenger cabin to hear if there are missing/weird sounds due to malfunctioning aircraft systems;

.) looking out the passenger window to check engines for fire, smoke, etc.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Just imagine how it would be to join Hardy Heinlin and the iXEG team :-)

Regarding the NEO vs AXE, I never used FS2Crew or RAAS ( not even enabled) with it... but I love the checklists - very didactic!

I'll give more info latter...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Maybe no FlyTampa or FSD yet but you should check out Truscenery, sure they're "only" making Finnish airports atm so that may not be your cup of tea. They are ridiculously talented and I hope they will expand to airports outside of Finland at some point. Still, look at this detail from their EFTP Tampere-Pirkkala airport:

Truscenery+Pirkkala+%252810%2529.jpg

Yes, that is a parking ticket machine, now imagine how detailed the rest of the airport is. They are currently making EFHK Helsinki-Vantaa airport, I'm sure it will be even better than EFTP.

Here are some more pics:

Truscenery+EFTP+%252889%2529.jpg

Truscenery+Pirkkala+%25281%2529.jpg

Truscenery is really impressive. Xplane is solid in its own right but when I read REX is on board and Aerosoft and now at least one product from PMDG... the right things are happening. I purchased two aerosoft airports. Anything I can do to help xplane and get more eye candy :-)

The managed CLB and DES modes have been implemented since v1.2 and work really well. They're currently at v1.5 now have implement a lot of new features including terrain radar and improvements to FBW etc.

They also plan on releasing more features with v2.0.

EDIT: Just checked their site and looks they just released v2.0

http://airbus320neo.com/updates/

Not sure about that. I have V2.0 installed. If I push the knob, I still have Open Climb or Open Descent. And I don't have the "dots and dashes" appears in the MCP windows like the managed NAV.

Stephane

vpa055.png

Anything I can do to help xplane and get more eye candy

Check out Ted's USA Major airports, its great work and its free.

http://theosdavis.com/xpfiles/downloads_v10.html

Here's another link with a wealth of airport scenery, most are freeware too. The global map will show airports for XP9 and XP10, just make sure you tick the XP10 scenery located at the bottom of the map. 

http://www.xpscenery.net/map.php?continent=3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

If you want to see the potential of this really great platform. I suggest as the base to start:

1. For clouds and sky:   SkyMaxx Pro

2. For rural and urban (city and towns) depiction:  UrbanMaxx 3D v2.0  (my favorite custom texture for this is called P.P.P. of the three you will find on the developer's site) They are free for download and install. You can only install one of them at any time, and not all three.)

3. For UTX'ish as you were familiar in FSX,: SimHeaven's  O.S.M. data files

3. For jaw-dropping effect upon the whole, HD Mesh v2,  (Just do a google search for 'HD Mesh 2' and you will find all the hits you need to get going.

4. For scenery and planes (freeware and payware)  First hit the Xplane.org and sign up.  As another poster said, it will take you days to weeks to populate your new sim with fabulous content.

4. There are great other sites that will offer you custom scenery and planes for the asking price similar to the market for M.S. products, etc

Welcome to a new discovery...and there will be many of them. You will no longer just yo-dee-doh in the sky....you had better keep a firm grip on the yoke and throttle....for there is a REAL weather engine that will impact your sled.  This is the only sim that I know, that has a real (watch your butt....) micro burst and downdraft effect upon your air-frame as well as turbulence.  Hit one for the first time, and pray that the rivets on your plane hold....and most of.....HAVE FUN, EXPLORE, and take your time....there are so many hidden goodies waiting for the discovery. I am still discovering and have had XPX for about 4 months or so.

Oh...you will love the wind-swept snow squalls that drive across the runway and taxi lanes.   It will absolutely make you shiver.....with cold, and say a few prayers before take-off..... :)))))

Cheers!

Mitch 

Thanks for some great pointers Mitch. Can i use HD Mesh v2 and SimHeaven's  O.S.M at the same time? Are they like UTX and GEX?

I have been seriously looking into X-Plane for the first time and am following this thread very closely as I consider what the next simulator for me will be.  One thing I wonder for the short term is what kind of performance could I expect with my current hardware?  I have an i5 2500k OC to 4+Ghz(I don't remember exactly where it's at as it's been so long ago that I did it), a 560Ti 1G, and 8G of RAM.  I know I wouldn't be able to max out all settings, but would I be able to run the JarDesign a320, HD Mesh, SkyMaxx clouds, photoreal scenery and 3rd party airports at least as good as FSX?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

A graphics card with only 1 GB memory isn't enough to handle the recently released HD mesh, I'd upgrade at least that component.

Try the demo which lets you fly near Seattle, that'll give you a good idea whether your system can handle medium-complexity city and airport scenery at settings and framerates that are acceptable to you.

First of all, have you updated X-Plane to the latest version 10.25?

As already suggested above, the must-have scenery improvement is the (recently released) donation-ware HD mesh v2. It introduces improved meshes, landclass and OpenStreetMap data. It covers Europe and North America (55 GB in total), but you can download specific single tiles if you want (about 1-2 GB per tile):

http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-10-hd-scenery-mesh-v2/

Use the torrents (linked in the website) for faster download. Be sure to follow the installation instructions (very simple, but you might need to edit the scenery.ini file).

Also, highly recommended is the "Tree lines and farms" available for USA and Europe, from the same author ( http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-10-tree-lines-and-farms/ ). It adds some detail to default scenery.

I also HIGHLY recommend these two freeware add-ons (you need to register on x-plane.org and x-pilot.com to download them):

"Enhanced Runways HD by FlyJSim 1.20": http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=16270

"Replacement Day and Night Lighting for X-Plane 10.20 1.1": http://forums.x-pilot.com/files/file/435-replacement-day-and-night-lighting-lightstxt-for-x-plane-1020/

The latter will improve even more the depiction of night scenery. There are 4 variants, try them all (it's just a single file) to see what suits you best! My screenshots in the screenshot forum are all using this freeware add-on: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/427570-city-lights/

Great advice, thanks, think I will be converting to x-plane, big improvements now occuring.

There is also a french website with photoreal mesh scenery but I haven't tried it yet : http://zonephoto.x-plane.fr

And I don't know the difference between those textures and HD mesh 2.

If someone has tested, can he advise here please ?

Can we install both addons or only one of them ?

As they are big files to download I prefer to focus on the best one to download.

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

vpa055.png