Sign in to follow this  
smpetty

Prepar3D v2

Your SimConnect link is clearly not working correctly hence all the errors reported in the Spy window. The connections seem to be made but the SimConnect request are just failing. I will try and see what the error code means by I am now wondering if there is a V2 SimConnect that you must install. I cannot advise you much on this one. I will try and find out myself about installing a correct SimConnect.

Stephen

You can test your simconnect functionality  by putting the simconnect.ini in your simms document folder, make sure console is set to 1. Open the Simm, you should get a console window, simconnect diagnostic output if simconnect is communicating.

Your SimConnect link is clearly not working correctly hence all the errors reported in the Spy window. The connections seem to be made but the SimConnect request are just failing. I will try and see what the error code means by I am now wondering if there is a V2 SimConnect that you must install. I cannot advise you much on this one. I will try and find out myself about installing a correct SimConnect.

Stephen

Thank you Stephen!

Scott

You can test your simconnect functionality  by putting the simconnect.ini in your simms document folder, make sure console is set to 1. Open the Simm, you should get a console window, simconnect diagnostic output if simconnect is communicating.

I will try that - thanks Rendi

Now that we are back in the office and my machine is repaired all I can do is download and install the V2 software then let you know what we find and what files we have installed.

Stephen

We are downloading P3D V2 now, we only have medium speed Internet though so I won't be able to install until tomorrow.

Stephen :-)

We are downloading P3D V2 now, we only have medium speed Internet though so I won't be able to install until tomorrow.

Thanks again Stephen, I really appreciate your help.

Scott

Installing Prepar3d Version 2 ....

I have installed and carried out a quick test of OpusFSX with the new Prepar3d v2 software with no problems.

Procedure,

To install onto my dedicated E drive in folder 'E:\Prepar3D v2',

1. I first recorded all purchase and licensing details into a c:\Prepar3D folder.

2. I downloaded the Install Instructions and v2 installation zip file into my c:\Prepar3D folder.

3. I extracted all installation files into a sub-folder of c:\Prepar3D.

4. I navigated to the extracted files and ran the Prepar3D.msi installation file (not the Setup.exe program).

5. After installation and activating the license I paused the simulator and configured all Prepar3D setting, starting off with a target frame rate of 40 fps (just for test).

6. I ran the FSXSERVER program (latest release version 3.37.2, to be posted later today). The FSXSERVER program was working fine with FSX previously, opened the Configure dialog, changed the simulator type to Prepar3D and identified the 'E:\Prepar3D v2' installation folder.

7. I restarted the FSXSERVER program opened Spy and ensured it connected OK via SimConnect which it did. I got the initial FSUIPC4 errors since I do not have FSUIPC4 installed for P3D v2 yet.

8. I relocated the aircraft to EGNX then with my Spy window open and the Upper Atmosphere weather report opened I set my Destination to EGKK, cruise altitude to 8000 feet and Updated the weather. I followed the GRIB and METAR downloads in the Spy and Weather report windows. The weather loaded without problem and the Lower/Upper wind and temp data appeared in the report. Both Local and Destination reports were correct.

9. I opened the Cameras dialog to ensure all CFG files had been modified. Restarted both Prepar3D and the FSXSERVER program and tested some camera editing and displays. All worked fine.

At all times I manually ran the FSXSERVER program from its desktop icon AFTER first running and initialising Prepar3D v2.

I did not need to create a SimConnect.xml file in the Prepar3D.CFG folder nor did I need to do anything to obtain a good SimConnect connection although my FSXSERVER program had been working perfectly well with FSX, which is installed on my dedicated F drive.

I did NOT install 'Prepar3D v2' in Program Files, I always install FSX and Prepar3D into its own named folder. For example, my Prepar3D is installed in E:\Prepar3D v2 and my FSX is installed in F:\FSX. Only files that the simulators need to access share the dedicated SSD.

Stephen :smile:

Thanks Stephen.  

I will uninstall and reinstall P3Dv2 (although I followed the same procedure that you outline above) and upgrade to the new Opus version 3.37.2 and will let you know if it works.  

Scott

Do you already have a working system with FSX ? If not then I would advise installing SimConnect using our msi BEFORE installing P3D v2 using its msi file.

I had absolutely no problems and didn't need to do anything other than the above procedure. Note, after opening the Cameras dialog, resulting in amending the CFG files for the first time, you must restart both the sim and the FSXSERVER program.

I would also recommend a complete uninstall of P3D before installing v2.

Stephen

Also I did not install any other Addons for P3D v2. I only ran the Prepar3D.msi file with no other P3D product installed on the computer, which only had my working FSX system.

Stephen

I did add the HIGHMEMFIX statement to the Prepar3D.CFG file.

I also had Custom Weather set, 100 mile cloud draw distance, detailed and fairly dense clouds, and volumetric fog enabled in both Opus and P3D.

Stephen

Quick update -

I can run P3D v2 and OpusFSX together with no crashes as long as I let P3D v2 go straight into the flight.  If I let P3D v2 bring up the FSX-like new startup screen (where you can pick weather, aircraft, time and location before starting the flight), P3D v2 will crash to the desktop in seconds whether I run Opus before or after P3D v2.  

Seems odd.  Any thoughts Stephen?

Also I wanted to ask about my camera views.  I made a copy of my P3D v1.4 P3DSERVER.CAM file.  I still have P3D v1.4 installed and will primarily use it until the P3D v2 has some of the kinks worked out.  Anyway I ran P3D v2 using the same P3DSERVER.CAM file that I created in P3D v1.4, I opened the camera dialog in Opus after everything was loaded to let it update the file, closed all, and re-ran all.  The skeleton airframe issue on outside views is resolved, but my viewpoint is shifted 50 or so yards in front of the aircraft on all external views.  All internal views work perfectly as in P3D v1.4.  Is there any way to fix/shift the external views other than editing those views for each aircraft?  Did I do something wrong?

Thanks,

Scott

Just sounds like problems inside the P3D v2 code that does not like handling its SimConnect interface while in dialog mode before the flight has loaded. Best to just load the flight before starting the Opus FSXSERVER program. Nothing I can do about any of this since FSXSERVER is an external program and SimConnect is totally independent of the simulator type.

The fact that you still have the older version 1 P3D installed might possibly be causing problems. Not really sure. But if so then it should fix itself after you go over to v2 fully, either that or LM will sort out the problems. I'm assuming there could be some sort of incompatibility with the version 1 and 2 SimConnect libraries. I had uninstalled and cleared out P3D version 1 before installing v2 so I can't help with getting to the bottom of this one.

As far as camera views ...

Nothing really I can do about any differences between version 1 and version 2 aircraft types and axes. That's if there are differences, nobody has reported anything like that or said there previous cameras were different. If it is an axes shift then nothing can be done since the software cannot read or determine such things, that's why the axes shift with the new PMDG 777 is a problem.

The axes shift does not usually place the view that far off though. Are you sure the same aircraft type is installed and selected for the camera view, the same one that was used to set the camera up. As far as Opus is concerned the CAM files are fully compatible.

Hi Stephen -

Still getting a crash whenever I run P3Dv2 and Opus (now 3.37.5) together.  It happens whether I run Opus before or after P3Dv2 and it happens whether I go straight into the flight or use the flight setup screen in P3Dv2.  Is there any other troubleshooting we can try?  The same version of Opus is working perfectly with P3D v1.4.  I love Opus and don't blame it for the crashes, but I'll have to stop using Opus and start using other products if I can't get P3Dv2 to play nicely.  BTW - the crash is a hard crash - the screen freezes and nothing responds, not even task manager (Windows 7 64)... I end up having to turn the computer off and back on.  I'm using an NVIDIA GTX 780 with the latest drivers, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB RAM, and an i7 4770K OC'd at 4.3GHz.  The only additions that I've added to P3Dv2 are GSX, FS Global Ultimate, and FTX Global (all using their native P3Dv2 installers).

Thanks,

Scott

Nothing I can do, the program is external and just connects via SimConnect. Just run the FSXSERVER program manually after you have loaded the P3D v2 flight. You can't load any weather until then anyway. Have you followed all our instructions, set the Disable Weather Update on Startup, if so the program only connects. It will initialise a camera view if P3D indicates it is active. You could try disabling Live Camera to prevent this and isolate the problem. But no one else is reporting any problems. I installed P3D v2 and ran Opus right off the bat. Do you still have v1 installed? I uninstalled P3D entirely before upgrading and no problems.

Stephen

I would recommend the same as before really. I think your system is geared for P3D v1 so you should have uninstalled completely before upgrading to P3D v2.

It really does sound like nothing more than SimConnect incompatibilities within the P3D v2 code. I would again recommend uninstalling v1 and reinstalling v2.

Stephen

Please remember as far as the external FSXSERVER program is concerned there is absolutely no difference in connecting to whatever sim is on the other end.

The SimConnect link is totally independent of what sim type is connecting at the other end, or should I say accepting the external program's connection request.

So there is nothing in the software that is different as far as SimConnect is concerned, between talking to FSX, talking to P3D v1, and P3D v2.

External programs simply use SimConnect, there is nothing specific to the type of sim using the other end of the interconnecting link.

Stephen

You could try reporting this SimConnect problem to LM but don't forget to mention you have both versions installed on the system and the connection is fine when running P3D version 1. They are more likely to help you than me since the SimConnect at my end is totally independent and unaware of what sim is on the other end.

OpusFSX worked fine prior to the latest update - Ver 3.37.5 a few days ago.  Prepar3d 2.0 and OpusFSX created some unbelievable weather to fly through!  Then I ran the update to Opus and Prepar3d crashes every time.