Sign in to follow this  
Texas Hood

I can't seem to climb above 32K -34K feet (TAT to High)

I was wondering if there is something I can do to solve this. Basically, I climb up to around 28,000 feet and my climb gradually slows down and I noticed that my TAT was reading +38C and was only getting higher as I climbed. I remember something about this a long time ago when the MD-11 first came out but I couldn't find it in the forums. I had the issue to and fixed it but I have since purchased a new computer system and can't seem to find the solution, anybody please help me.

Ryan Gann

Ryan,

If you're flying on VATSIM and using VATSIM weather, or using certain versions of the REX weather engine, then that would explain this.

The recommended fix is to disable VATSIM weather and use a weather engine. Note that you'll have to disable VATSIM weather, then exit out of the simulator (closes FSINN) and then reload the sim and FSINN.  I can't tell you about SB as I've never used it.

With any weather engine you're using, I recommend you update to the latest version.

Finally, there are some errant weather stations out there, so try a different area.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks I will double check that on VATSIM Weather box, I think it's off but I will check again, Thanks. I'm using Active Sky 2012 so hopefully that will help as well.

Ryan Gann

That was it, I turned off VATSIM weather then restart and all is good thanks Dave.

You're most welcome.  If you're interested in flying together, come check out OVPA (see below).  Several of us will be flying online throughout the day today.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Ensure that Weather RATE OF CHANGE is set to NONE/OFF. It is this alone that screws the TAT.

Best regards,

Robin.