Sign in to follow this  
CYXR

Amazon to use drones for fast delivery

With 3D Printers.....who needs Amazon anyway. The future is in the replicators  :lol:

I'm only interested in 3D printing when it can "print" a four course, gourmet dinner! :Applause:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The dones will carry a Gatling gun for protection from dogs, children, hillbillys and other ground threats and, an assortment of air to air missles in case a hawk decided to try to make a meal of it or an airliner gets in its way. lol

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Speaking of 3D printing, I see where Jay Leno bought a printer to make parts for his collecton of old vintage automobiles. Since a fuel pumps or whatever are no longer made for a say a certain make for year 1911, rather than pay $1000 for one Jay prints one out using the old one for a model. And he's good to go down the road instead of grounded.

Er, this was a real news story by the way, not a joke for his show. :)

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Speaking of 3D printing, I see where Jay Leno bought a printer to make parts for his collecton of old vintage automobiles. Since a fuel pumps or whatever are no longer made for a say a certain make for year 1911, rather than pay $1000 for one Jay prints one out using the old one for a model. And he's good to go down the road instead of grounded.

Er, this was a real news story by the way, not a joke for his show. :)

3D Printers for car parts are not really that new. They have been doing CAD/CAM Computer Numeric Control or CNC since the 1980's which is pretty much the same thing, only you are starting with a block of metal and working it down to a shape with machine heads that is running off a program. Back then CAD/CAM was very expensive and only big manufacturers could afford a CNC machine. Today the technology is getting better and better, price coming down so people like Jay Leno can have access to this type of technology for much less.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

I heard President Obama called Jeff Bezos.  He offered a trade: some U.S. Government drones for his company to help fix the ACA website.

Yea they already have a few painted in Amazon colors kinda a cheap repaint but whatever. I'm not sure the missile.... I mean delivery capsule is very safe for the package or the recipients.

post-287434-0-62044100-1386228618.jpg

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

3D Printers for car parts are not really that new. They have been doing CAD/CAM Computer Numeric Control or CNC since the 1980's which is pretty much the same thing, only you are starting with a block of metal and working it down to a shape with machine heads that is running off a program. Back then CAD/CAM was very expensive and only big manufacturers could afford a CNC machine. Today the technology is getting better and better, price coming down so people like Jay Leno can have access to this type of technology for much less.

Cheers

Well there's quite a lot of difference between milling down a block of metal and building up a part by sintering it together layer by layer. The needed computer control is indeed similar, but the rest of the technology is very different.

Well there's quite a lot of difference between milling down a block of metal and building up a part by sintering it together layer by layer. The needed computer control is indeed similar, but the rest of the technology is very different.

Yes, just like there is a difference between an Altair 8800 and my Intel I7 machine I have today.....you get the idea.  It is an evolution my friend.

The technology started somewhere and CNC would be the pioneer

Matthew Kane

I'm waiting for the pocket model printer.

Food, drink, and night's shelter for backpacking without a pack, just load pine cones in the hopper.

Beer and hotdogs at the race track in exchange for piles of losing tickets picked up off the floor.

New lamps for old, like Ali Baba!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1456808_10201084356852703_110182208_n.jp

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I'm only interested in 3D printing when it can "print" a four course, gourmet dinner! :Applause:

Working on it!!!  :P

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hollow chocolate F-16 anyone? With all switches and controls modeled accurately?

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion