Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

No Drop Down

In FSX I have no OPUS in my drop down. Is it necessary to have it there? I can get OPUS in window mode off of the icon on my desktop. If needed in the drop down menu , how do I put it there ? Thanks

Opus is not connecting via simconnect if no addon menu. Check your simconnect install and set up, use spy window to ensure fsxserver connecting.

Stephen

You might be missing your SimConnect.xml file in your FSX.cfg folder. If necessary for FSX you can also ipuse our supplied SimConnect.msi to install or repair your SimConnect.

Stephen

Let me know when you are back up and running with SimConnect working or installed ok. Use the FSXSERVER spy window to make sure all connections are working.

Aviation and Astronomy, that's a good combo.

Stephen :-)

Stephen, When I open FSX I put it in window mode, the drop down doesn't show OPUS at that time, however, iwindow mode I can see the OPUS Icon on my desktop. I double click on that , then OPUS then shows up in the drop down. I checked with spy and it shows a connection including the weather. I don't know if that's normal, but as long as it works I can live with that.

I'm still trying to create cameras. Videos would really help. I remember trying to work with EZDOC and found those videos to be a necessity. I know you feel the process is easy and it probably is but remember you either created OPUS ,  or you at least work with it every day. For a newbie like me it's very hard to figure out even after reading the instructions. Trust me, a simple video would be extremely helpful not only for me , but a lot of other simmers as well. Thank you

OpusFSX is an external program to FSX so it must be run or activated. I recommend doing this manually after starting the sim. The Getting Started guide will explain other options. The FSXSERVER program however MUST be run and connect to the sim via the SimConnect interface before it can register and initialise the simulators menu.

The process to create a VC view is explained step by step in the Live Camera guide, follow the second link I gave you. There are only fifteen lines of text describing the very simple process. The same process can also be followed to create an external aircraft view. We concentrate more on developing and enhancing the product and not producing videos to explain simple process. Thousands of users have created many camera views, there are even CDFs which you can import. But I would recommend having a play and stepping through those fifteen lines of instructions. Once you have created one or two VC camera views there is really nothing more to learn.

Stephen

Still not connecting, still not in drop down. I tested the Sim connect compatibility mode test and it said it's not compatible. This was the Sim Connect in OPUS>

Have you installed FSX SP2 or the Acceleration Pack for your FSX. The SimConnect.msi we supply is the current version for FSX service pack or acceleration pack.

I would also download and install the latest release version, version 3.37.5. After you have uninstalled and installed the latest release, run FSX and load the flight then run the FSXSERVER program and open the Spy window to check the SimConnect connections.

Stephen

I now have the latest version 3.37.5 .When I run FSX  in Window mode in the drop down there is no OPUS. If I right click I do have an option for OPUS external view. I can get OPUS in the drop down by putting FSX in window mode. This enables me to see the OPUS Icon on my desktop. I click on the icon, go to the drop down and see 4 or 5 options for OPUS Weather, Cameras, etc. I go to spy and I can see everything is connected. The weather at the airport is dead on. If that procedure works, there's no need to change it.