Sign in to follow this  
stevem72

D3D9.dll enb issue

I am now on the latest version - v1.2 build 28 I think.

Has the installer changed at all....for the 1st time it advised me that I had an enb mod d3d9.dll present in my fsx folder (which I did have) that would prevent the fixer from running!

It not a problem as I simply renamed the dll to off and re-ran the fixer installer but I have had previous versions of the fixer installed without this message so what's changed??

Regards

Steve

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Steve added a test to see if the ENB Series dll was installed, as it is not compatible with DX10, and has crashed a number of systems where the user was not aware of the issue.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul

Thanks for the response - is there a "changelog" anywhere at all....might be useful as its always bare bones detail on what's actually been updated!!

Regards

Steve

Not that I know of, Steve, but it's a good idea, and lots of vendors do this. I'll send your request to Steve. 

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Duh! ...  it's on the page right after the Copyright, Credits, Support & Beta Testers page. It doesn't have a number and I don't look at it unless asked!

There's an acronym for this somewhere.... something like R-T-  er.. something - something...  :lol: 

Thanks Paul.....deep down I should have known....RTM is not my strong point!!

I'll mark this thread as "solved".

Now if in the next update you could just find me an extra 15-20 fps from the fixer that would be lovely...thanks in advance :lol:

Regards

Steve

:LMAO:     The RTM comment was aimed at MEEEE!!!    :lol:

I sent Steve the email, and he sent back "Manual - page 2"    :Doh:  :LMAO:

Duh!

B) 

Hi guys...

I also just tried installing build 28 and got the same error message.  It's weird because I have NEVER installed ENBseries, so I'm not sure why on this version I can't install the DX10Fixer libraries. 

I'm wondering what the best work around is.  I feel like this post is "inside baseball" because I have no idea what RTM stands for, and I don't see what in the manual on page 2 has anything to do with this issue.

so...what should I do to install build 28?  Should I rename the d3d9.dll file?  and to what??

Thanks!

Don

Don Polidori

Don

I must apologise, my understanding was that the presence of that dll in the fsx directory always caused fsx to crash and thus it made sense to insist it was removed. I didn't realise that on some people's system it didn't cause a problem...

You can just rename it to enbd3d9.dll note this is the file in the fsx directory.

I will make the check a warning only in the next version.

No worries, thanks for the reply.  I renamed it and all is well.  Thanks for all your work, by the way.....I'm a big DX10 fan now :)

And I realized.....RTM...Read The Manual, lol!

Don Polidori