Sign in to follow this  
Markitoes

Speaking of DCS Flaming Cliffs 3

For those of you who own DCS products. Is this a stand alone product (simulator)? Or can this be played on FSX ?

And what exactly do you need to buy to get started?  It seems you have to buy certain legacy products (Flaming Cliffs 2?) and then add on from there.

ngxu_banner.png

Why not check their website???

Requirements

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 will require an installation of Lock On: Modern Air Combat.

lomac.jpg

Where to buy Lock On: Modern Air Combat:
North America: http://www.amazon.com/
USA: http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.180160000
Europe: http://www.amazon.co.uk/http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop

Operating system: 64 bit Windows XP, Vista or 7; Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz; Memory: 4 GB; Free hard disk space: 7 GB; Video: 512 MB RAM card, DirectX 9-compatible; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; requires internet activation

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 operates as part of DCS World. As such, DCS World must be installed prior to installing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3. DCS World is a new, free, combat simulation. DCS World provides a free-to-play Su-25T ground attack aircraft with no online restrictions. Online DCS: World includes friendly and enemy forces that can be controlled by other players or AI air and ground units. The purchase of additional DCS modules allows the player to have careers as pilots of the A-10C Warthog, KA-50 Black Shark attack helicopter, P-51D Mustang, or armor vehicle commander. You may read more about DCS: World and its modules at: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

-Iain Watson-

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

In short

Buy and install Lock On

Download and install DCS World

Start DCS World and in the Module Manager, select and buy FC3.

-Iain Watson-

I just downloaded the free game with just the Frogfoot. Looks like it might be fun, but after years of civilian sims, I'm not sure how fun it would be having people shoot me down! This is going into the "maybe" folder.

Why not check their website???

Because I HAVE checked their website.

Certainly the links for Europe don't work as stated.  Although the impression is they take you to Lock On: Modern Air Combat, they don't.  They take you to Flaming Cliffs 2, which is not I think the latest version and only works with Modern Air Combat anyway, or in the case of Amazon, at best a 2007 version of Lock On, hence my question.

So where does Modern Air Combat reside?

ngxu_banner.png

Both links work for me, kind of!

Link 1 is Amazon, just search for Lock On Modern Air Combat

Link 2 is varous version, Lock On Modern Air Combat is further down the page, although it is showing no stock. 

One of the used items from Amazon should work fine.

-Iain Watson-

Link 1 is Amazon, just search for Lock On Modern Air Combat

I did that also!  They don't stock it.

When I look at it again, the newest version they have is  a cheap re-issue of the 2003 original.  I have been caught like this before: I bought a version of Ubisoft's Sturmovik a few years ago, only to find it only worked in 800x600 resolution or something silly like that.  Once bitten, twice shy!

ngxu_banner.png