Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

Road lighting disappearing at certain angles in DX10 (UTX/FTG)

I vaguely remember reading something about this somewhere previously but despite searching AVSIM and GOOGLE am yet to find a fix. Do any of you know of one?

I have DX10 with Steve's Fixer and have FTX Global and UTX Europe (with UTX lighting enabled for extra lights coverage).

I've noticed that from certain angles in VC or spot view, strings of road lighting disappears then comes back when I slightly change my viewing angle. This is anywhere between 1000-6000 ft, 

Regards

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

i noticed this happening in my sim as well 

also air traffic does it at times too

keep me posted 

JHo

FTX Global v1.1 or v1.0?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Steve 

what exactly should we be checking to make sure it turned on?

Thanks 

JHo

Yes wondering this also slightly confused by Steve's post. I'm using the latest version of FTXG 1.1.

FSUK.jpg

Manual, Page 35, Guys - Chapter 9 - Effects. The Global lights are fixed (by Orbx and Steve) and that was released as FTX Global v1.1. This is one which you should run any time you add new scenery - it will do a scan and prompt you to run it when/if it recognizes a change.

It would also be a good idea to read the rest of the manual, as you will gain a much better understanding of what is fixed, and what can and what can't be fixed. It is not an easy read, and I must confess there are several parts - lighting for one, where I am somewhat lost, depending upon which lighting system we are talking about..

All the best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Yup already checked the manual. Everything is up to date. I run the DX10 fixer each time I install any add-on.

Still getting road lights that disappear randomly but reappear when you change the viewing angle ever so slightly.

FSUK.jpg

I would imagine that running UTX lights and FTX Global lights concurrently might well cause some kind of issue like this, and I certainly wouldn't do that, but - I have no other answer for you, Adam, so I would suggest re-posting on the Orbx and the UTX sites, to see what feedback they might give. You can also re-post this one in the Official DX10 Fixer forum if you believe this is directly related to the Fixer.

This issue was the case when Orbx released their PNW Lights many months ago, but as Steve pointed out - that issue has been fixed. I don't like leaving it in limbo, but I don't know what else to suggest.

pj

Thanks Paul I'll continue testing with/without UTX etc tonight.

Where is the official DX10 fixer forum? And can you confirm I have the latest version Build 26?

Regards

Adam

FSUK.jpg

i plan on purchasing FTX tonight i will let you know what i see as well, i do a great deal of night flying in tubes 

ill update after i get it installed 

thanks 

JHo

i plan on purchasing FTX tonight i will let you know what i see as well, i do a great deal of night flying in tubes 

ill update after i get it installed 

thanks 

JHo

yes please do JHo - it's put me off night flying for now with all these lights going on and off randomly!

FSUK.jpg

Just been night-flying again and noticed that the lights go off and on in sync with the waves. Odd!

FSUK.jpg

Adam 

I got FTX 

the lights all look good to me, they stay stable and lit no matter where i look 

HOWEVER 

the UTX lights i noticed will work in conjunction with the FTX, and they were flickering on and off so i just disabled them and im only using the FTX lights. so far so good 

FTX does draw autogen stuff in kinda weird areas for my hometown hahaha we dont have all that many pine tress 

something to work on 

ill keep ya posted 

Thanks 

JHo

Thanks JHo interesting info. I took a fight around LFMN Nice last night an area where I have no other addon scenery or mesh installed apart from FTXG and UTX and all the lighting was fine with no flashing lights so I'm thinking this is an issue with mesh priority and/or third party addon scenery. I'll keep experimenting.

Hope you're enjoying your new FTXG. I was initially a little sceptical about it but I do like the daytime textures - certainly alot more realistic than the default FSX textures.

Adam

FSUK.jpg