Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I just HAD so get this out....

Andras, it was your HD Mesh v2.0 that has brought ALIVE, the other great packages that are now resident UPON your base:

SimHeaven OSM 

UrbanMaxx 3D (PPP custom texture)

...untold airports and add-on scenery that would take a book to singularly name and credit (this is a universal THANK YOU TO ALL!)

All of the above (I'm flying right now out of CYWL) have made XPX the most beautiful and breathtaking  sim I have ever owned.  With your mesh as base, it is REAL!  My gawd...it is.....REAL!

Thank you...so much to everyone that has offered their contribution whether for compensation, or for their most generous self giving to the community.  Thank you for your time, for your love of this hobby, and may all of you live for a thousand years!  You have no idea today as I climb out of CYWL how you have made me feel such joy in the execution of this hobby.  What a great time to own Xplane!

For whatever your spiritual beliefs lead you for a holiday to celebrate, may that holiday time bring all of you much joy, peace, good health and happiness!  

THANK YOU!

XPlane'ing Mitch

For whatever your spiritual beliefs lead you for a holiday to celebrate, may that holiday time bring all of you much joy, peace, good health and happiness! 

Thank you! It makes me really happy, that there are guys out there - like you - who now can REALLY enjoy XP10!

And yes, I will try to relax and enjoy some free(er) time over the coming weeks (maybe eve have a little bit less time spent on X-Plane)  ... and there are also some other real life obligations which will need more of my attention ...

Thank you! It makes me really happy, that there are guys out there - like you - who now can REALLY enjoy XP10!

And yes, I will try to relax and enjoy some free(er) time over the coming weeks (maybe eve have a little bit less time spent on X-Plane)  ... and there are also some other real life obligations which will need more of my attention ...

Andras...it's guys and gals like you that are making this all happen!  Enjoy some 'rest time'. BTW, I have your denser forest contribution loaded into the sim. Do you think that this could be over-riding some exclusions at smaller in-mountain range airports and airparks?  What do you think.  Here is a view of your mesh at work and your denser forested add-on:  A huge wow factor in play...

I wonder if this might be 'crowding' some air parks that were not expressly written for XPX and its later versions....hmmm....

Post Edit: Ryan in another post suggested that it is not...and that developers have to recompile their offerings to be fully XPX compatible. That makes sense. I can live with the very few that are showing a tree cutter needs to trim it out, lol!  

Some amazing shots there  :clapping:

...from an amazing flight simulator!......   Glad you enjoyed them!  I enjoyed snappin' em.

Shots like these are the reason that I am seriously considering giving this sim a try.  Man, they are beautiful!!!!  Especially the water.  It blows FSX...well, 'out of the water'.  :)  Any FSX pics with water in them and you can tell right away it's a sim.  These pics, they look like they were taken in real life with a camera.  Gorgeous!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Oh yes guys ... good you mentioned "dense forests". Of course I run all my screen shots etc. with them (I didn't even mention that explicitly). And no, changing the artwork - because that is what you do by exchanging the FOR files with the dense pack (you just swap in FOR files, which tell X-Plane to make the forests denser) - does in no way change the scenery itself. So, the dense forest pack doesn't change where in the DSF scenery the forests are /their polygons remain the same).

Oh yes guys ... good you mentioned "dense forests". Of course I run all my screen shots etc. with them (I didn't even mention that explicitly). And no, changing the artwork - because that is what you do by exchanging the FOR files with the dense pack (you just swap in FOR files, which tell X-Plane to make the forests denser) - does in no way change the scenery itself. So, the dense forest pack doesn't change where in the DSF scenery the forests are /their polygons remain the same).

..and it looks flippin fantastic....

Shots like these are the reason that I am seriously considering giving this sim a try.  Man, they are beautiful!!!!  Especially the water.  It blows FSX...well, 'out of the water'.  :)  Any FSX pics with water in them and you can tell right away it's a sim.  These pics, they look like they were taken in real life with a camera.  Gorgeous!!!

Here are a few more examples of what I think you will appreciate as per your comments....all flown around Bellingham, Washington and area:

Here are a few more examples of what I think you will appreciate as per your comments....all flown around Bellingham, Washington and area:

OMG!!!  Stop showing these pics!!!!  You are going to cost me some serious $$$ as I will have to upgrade my video card and then buy X-Plane.  These are really just amazing!!!  Are you sure you're not taking these in real life?  Really, truly, the best images I've ever seen in a flight simulator!!!!  That water again, beautiful!!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

OMG!!!  Stop showing these pics!!!!  You are going to cost me some serious $$$ as I will have to upgrade my video card and then buy X-Plane.  These are really just amazing!!!  Are you sure you're not taking these in real life?  Really, truly, the best images I've ever seen in a flight simulator!!!!  That water again, beautiful!!!!

All the best to you and yours (large holiday smile)  Happy Holidays from one simmer to another...those pics were a gift! :)

All the best to you and your's (large holiday smile)  Happy Holidays from one simmer to another...those pics were a gift! :)

Thanks!  :)  Now you have me shopping on Amazon for video cards.  Resisting the urge to bring out the credit card.  LOL

Happy Holidays to you and yours too!  Thanks for the great pics!!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Sesquashtoo,  I am also going to purchase XPX. Could you list the add-ons you got and installed with your XPX initial installation?

Sesquashtoo,  I am also going to purchase XPX. Could you list the add-ons you got and installed with your XPX initial installation?

Well, if you look at my Scenery Pak post of today, that is what I have for scenery, regions and airports within my XPX today. I can't tell you what I originally did at initial purchase and setup.   As for planes, I have really too many of varied G.A. and Big Iron , to post by hand.  Trust me, that as soon as you purchase and feel your way for a bit, you will find a WEALTH of download sites (many, many free/donation-ware/for compensation), support, etc to start creating your own version of the XPX world. You will have a blast. If you dig into this forum and its posts, you will see many embedded links to the best sites to get you started. Just grab a coffee or three, and settle in for the night. You'll find all that you need, as I did, when first XPX newbie-green. I hope that you have a high end system (CPU/GPU) so to realize just what XPX can dish out to it....  Get ready to jaw-drop.....

If you like South Carolina (Myrtle Beach), I just posted three shots today inside the Nice day for a flight in California post.  That will give you an indication of the different regions I have posted in the last few days, and what to expect as you populate to your own tastes...   Have fun!