Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Trees that are growing out of the airport tamac and taxi ways...

I have a few custom install airports that have trees that are growing out of the concrete areas of the airport. They were for XP9 and higher.  Do I have to live with this, or could it perhaps be my layering of them over forested OSM data?  

If there is a way to clean that up, that would be appreciated.  This is only a few, but I would think that I could see the exclusion work at those airports. Has this been observed by anybody else? If so, what did you do to 'cut them down', lol.....

There was an explanation somewhere- something to do with version 10.25 and OSM. Basically scenery/airport devs need to re compile their scenery with exclusions. My home airport has this now but I used FSX to XP converter so I think I'll have to live with it cause I can't figure out how to edit it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There was an explanation somewhere- something to do with version 10.25 and OSM. Basically scenery/airport devs need to re compile their scenery with exclusions. My home airport has this now but I used FSX to XP converter so I think I'll have to live with it cause I can't figure out how to edit it.

Oh....ok, Ryan...thanks with that.  There are only a few...and BTW, you want to RUN to Andras's site and grab his DENSER FOREST download.  It makes XPX:25 along with his HD Mesh, drop-dead gorgeous!!!!

Oh....ok, Ryan...thanks with that.  There are only a few...and BTW, you want to RUN to Andras's site and grab his DENSER FOREST download.  It makes XPX:25 along with his HD Mesh, drop-dead gorgeous!!!!

Its at the bottom of the Hd mesh download page

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Its at the bottom of the Hd mesh download page

...correct, and my bad...I should have pointed that out...thanks for the help!

Ses

It's very easy to add some exclusions with Overlay Editor to your add on scenery.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Hi all,

I'm not seeing trees growing through taxiways but LFML, for instance, has taxiways missing which are there in WED.

I disabled HD Mesh V2 just incase this was the cause but it wasn't.

I then added exclusions for everything but the taxiways are still missing.

I have 10.25 installed and no OSM, by the way.

Does anyone else see the same issue at LFML?

Cheers

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Hmm, taxiways are NOT part of the mesh (neither in default nor in HD scenery). The definition of airports (runways, taxiways) is all in the so called APT.DAT file (in Resources/default scenery/default apt dat/Earth nav data/).

It's very easy to add some exclusions with Overlay Editor to your add on scenery.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Thanks Ralf...I will then look into that and learn how to do it.  

From your response, Andras, I take it that the missing taxiway issue maybe a 10.25 bug?

Does anyone else have missing taxiways at LFML?

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

From your response, Andras, I take it that the missing taxiway issue maybe a 10.25 bug?

Does anyone else have missing taxiways at LFML?

Possibly yes ... but in the way, that the user collaboration based airport info might be "broken". All the data is collected / prepared for X-Plane over here:

http://data.x-plane.com/

the taxiways have been replaced with roads at some airports eg edds, eddn. now i have cars driving on the airports...

Most of these problems stem from lazy/ignorant scenery designers not providing exclusion zones for their creations. Exclusion zones will "kill" underlying default scenery elements - you can actually tell the exclusion zone which one to suppress, like forests, facades, objects, roads, etc.

Often designers built for a certain version of X-Plane scenery (like XP9) and there where no forests on that airport premise in that version.

Now in XP10 there is, so it shows.

There is also a feature called "airport boundary" which, afaik, Laminar will take a look at when recutting scenery. Everything within that boundary will be suppressed (no houses, trees, etc.) and the ground will be "flattened" a little bit, to avoid steps or steep slopes within the airport area. This only happens during scenery recuts (every few years).

The last problem is within the OSM tagging rules. Often service roads on airports (the one that the fuel trucks, baggage carts, etc. use) on the airports are tagged as roads in OSM. So the new HD scenery recut places roads there, and XP lets little cars drive on them if the original airport has no exclusion zone to suppress roads (often they dont, because designers want the roads to "attach" to their airports, and exclusion zones can only be true-north oriented rectangles, in other words they are very hard to customize).

Jan

i am aware of that. both aiports i mentioned are out of the box (edds from aerosoft, eddn is empty), no custom ones. i do not intend to customize these...

ben had a blog about this, and i proposed airport boundaries should exclude dsf infos by default, but no answer there...

Interesting indeed.

I went to the trouble of adding exclusions and an airport boundary to LFML and it made absolutely no difference to the missing taxiways.

I tried re shuffling the hierachy in WED but it made no difference whether the taxi ways are up top or bottom of the list. Only some taxiways are missing though.

EDIT: I've just noticed that where the taxiways are not showing, the taxiway line markings are?

Could anyone shed some light on that little chestnut?