Sign in to follow this  
tatin 98

737 NGX VS 77L. Which is better?

Hi, 

i would like to know which of this aircraft add-on is better, because i am analyzing to buy te 77L, but i deeply love the NGX, and i do not want to stop flying it. 

thanks,

tatin 98

Well I find the T7 is more comfortable in business class, also you get USB sockets in the economy class seating..........

Neither addon is better then the other, they are both top quality PMDG aircraft.

You only have to ask yourself 'Do I want to learn how to operate the 777?' Btw, purchasing the 777 doesn't mean you have to delete the NGX ;)

Rob Prest

Hi, 

i would like to know which of this aircraft add-on is better, because i am analyzing to buy te 77L, but i deeply love the NGX, and i do not want to stop flying it. 

thanks,

tatin 98

Both are good. Which one is better depends on your personal taste. At the moment I prefer the ngx, however it has limited flight range. The planes look similar, but they provide different experiences when flying. The 777 is very automated compared to the 737.   

I dunno...which one is better in real life?

If you mean coding wise, they're on the same level of quality. Choose what you prefer.

Both have their pros and cons,

I think I will be in a different mind set after the SP1 200/300er expansions. But at the moment, NGX is more immersive for me 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

One is heavy, one is medium.

One is long range, one is short/medium haul.

One is heavily automated, one is more manual.

One displays synoptics, the other one doesn't.

One is more expensive than the other.

I like the heavy, long range, more automated, more expensive one more!   :P 

the 777 is far more accurate in its dimensions in the vc  than the ngx. There are some proportional issues with the ngx in the front windscreen area .far to high. If you ever get to sit in a real one the difference is strikingly noticeable how narrow in height the windows are. the 777 has got this completely accurate.

kav

the 777 is far more accurate in its dimensions in the vc  than the ngx. There are some proportional issues with the ngx in the front windscreen area .far to high. If you ever get to sit in a real one the difference is strikingly noticeable how narrow in height the windows are. the 777 has got this completely accurate.

kav

Yep true and Tabs has already stated that this is going to be fixed (or planned to be fixed, can't remember exactly..).

OT: Short or long haul? :)

Less  or a lot of automation?

Personally, the NGX has to be the winner. But I cannot help myself frequently grabbing the T7 and spooling up those big suckers of engines to TO power B)

After countless hours in the NGX I have to say I prefer the 777, why?

The level of automation makes it just feel right to fly, the NGX feels very much like you need fscrew2.

The FBW I love, I love flying it by hand, the NGX is more agile because it's so much smaller, the 777 you have to think ahead and get it right. But at the same time it feels more solid if that's the right word.

Also it's lighter on fps.

No going back, well I did the other day and thought no, the 777 is where it's at for me. Look forward to the 747v2 in a year or so time until then 777 every time.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Right after initial release, I'd say my sim time was about 80% dedicated to the 777. Now, I'm guessing it's about 50%. I still fly the NGX quite a lot, especially on shorter sectors.

Although, it is fun to get the 777 on a short sector, near MZFW, to end up on a rather short runway.

Well, when NGX was released I heard folks say they could no longer bring themselves to fly the 747 or MD-11. All they wanted to fly was the NGX. I had many hours in the NGX,  but still migrated back to the MD-11 and 747. 

Since the 777 arrived, I have flown it exclusively. I now feel that I can fly nothing else. It is mesmerizing. Now I guess I know how the folks felt about the NGX. 

A caveat is that I fly the 777F on long hauls. Just a freight dog at heart I guess.

So now, I am wondering if the 747V2 will have the same affect on me when it is released. I have to admit that I prefer the -8 variant. We will See

kav

It's being sorted for Sp2 mate

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

One is heavy, one is medium.

One is long range, one is short/medium haul.

One is heavily automated, one is more manual.

One displays synoptics, the other one doesn't.

One is more expensive than the other.

I like the heavy, long range, more automated, more expensive one more!   :P 

One is brown, one is grey

The 737NGX is special.

The 777 is a fantastic plane, but the 737 feels more immersive imo.