Sign in to follow this  
Capt Richardo

When I Got Into Flight Sims This Was State-of-the-art

How about this one... This was my first flight simulator and joystick!

post-185367-0-71548000-1386105007.jpg

post-185367-0-38710700-1386105064.png

post-185367-0-54883100-1386105129.png

post-185367-0-08294700-1386105144.png

post-185367-0-54766500-1386105169.jpg

The good old days!

John

I started out with Flight Simulator 2 and Sublogic Jet on the Amiga 500, but the simulator that really grabbed me was F-19 Stealth Fighter. I remember I got it for my 10th birthday and just about lost my mind with happiness.

F-19 was a really awesome sim, in fact I've not played a simulator since that had the same mix of accessibility, depth and peripheral pilot storyline all in one package. (If anyone can make a recommendation I'm all ears!)

How far we've come huh?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I started out with Flight Simulator 2 and Sublogic Jet on the Amiga 500, but the simulator that really grabbed me was F-19 Stealth Fighter. I remember I got it for my 10th birthday and just about lost my mind with happiness.

F-19 was a really awesome sim, in fact I've not played a simulator since that had the same mix of accessibility, depth and peripheral pilot storyline all in one package. (If anyone can make a recommendation I'm all ears!)

How far we've come huh?

I remember this was just before the F-117 was unveiled to the public.  The F-19 in the game was based on a speculative design that the Testors plastic model company had come up with.  I thought the Testors F-19 looked much more cool than the F-117.  Wish I still had the thing.

And ..... The clasic Flight of the Intruder ... Mine came with the book of the film (good film by the way id uve not seen it)

Not my first flight sim as I got into FS1, However this one was extremely addictive at the time:

Matthew Kane

My first would have been Ace of Aces on the CPC 464.

Does anybody remember A320 - Airbus on the Amiga?  I still have the box and extensive manuals somewhere.

By way of comparison A320 was released in 1991

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIxCJNSTpNY

This is the Airbus x-tended released in 2013...22 years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWKkigL-n4o

Ah...manuals, the manual for Falcon 4 was soooo big, you could have beat a whale to death with it.

Ian R Tyldesley