Hi Folks,

Been eye ball'n this switch panel for a nice addition to my CH Products HOTAS setup... The fact that it has buttons - toggles - rotary switches - and - sliders - makes it seem pretty appealing... Can anyone provide a PIREP on this product ? Are the switches of high quality that will stand up to years of use ? I guess this device is a simple joystick device meaning it can't be programmed like my CH Products devices - for example - there is no way to emulate keystrokes and such ?

Posted Image

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

If it's a standard HID joystick device, you can indeed emulate keystrokes via FSUIPC

Cheers

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Scott, I only have the M panel which is nearly the same casing size as yours and looks the same except its an auto pilot and radio, flaps and gear switch.

I can tell you after a years use its exceptional; quality. The casing is metal and its heavy and the switches and knobs are very good quality. 

Hope this helps

ZORAN

If you put the M-Panel in front of the MS panel it would fit into the space of the left two segments, or put another way if you chopped off the silver sliders and the little section on the right side with the red four way hat switch, what is left is how big the M-panel is in comparison.

Cheers, Andy.

what is the typical config for the sliders and buttons. Is anyone using it and what have you assigned to it?

ZORAN

what is the typical config for the sliders and buttons. Is anyone using it and what have you assigned to it?

Lol, yes I don't use them much, I have them assigned to the cowl flaps on some aircraft, but not very often used. The sliders aren't linear either which isn't ideal, the first two thirds to four fifths of travel accounts for 50%* of the axis output range and the rest moves the other 50%* (*Approx). The two axes above the sliders are linear across there whole travel. The six rotary encoders can be pushed but those are not wired up/active. Apparently there are not enough inputs on a standard Joystick type device (32 buttons is the limit on the hardware used in these) to include the push facility of those encoders, which is a real shame. I use the rest of the buttons, switches and dials frequently through LINDA and FSUIPC.

Cheers, Andy.

Andy, thanks for the review

"the first two thirds to four fifths of travel accounts for 50%* of the axis output range and the rest moves the other 50%* (*Approx)"

thats a bit odd isnt it? Im trying to imagine using it but can see it prone to over corrections etc. hmm was toying around with buying it myself 

ZORAN

I very rarely use them, they certainly wouldn't be any good for throttles even if they were linear, the range of movement is too small and adjusting them with your finger just doesn't feel right to me, my pair of Saitek Quads are much better for that.

I meant three quarters earlier, not four fifths, it's not quite that bad, sorry.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Folks,

I'm still FS9 only - so Linda is out for me...

Thanks for the input... Yeah - I had envisioned using the sliders for mixture and prop on a small GA plane - and - possibly spoilers on an airliner... Wouldn't you be able to change the nonlinear response a bit with calibration via FSUIPC ?

The biggest improvements I'm interested in is the rotary knobs... I wanted to be able to control the heading bug and CDI on an HSI - - - and - - - possibly the autopilot settings of an airliner…

Is it difficult to setup ???

Appreciate all the feedback…

J

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

In that case I would recommend the M-Panel instead if you are on a budget, the rotaries on the MS-Panel work great but if you are stuck on FS9 you would be better using the default VRi  software to control your aircraft (if its supported) as it can detect the difference between you turning the dial fast or slowly, so its much easier and quicker to set the value you want. If you were to buy the MS panel you would have to program the same fast slow facility yourself through FSUIPC and a LUA script and no I'd be no help with that unfortunately, lol.

Yes you may be able to smooth the curve out a bit in FSUIPC, I'd not thought of that.

You could get the M-Panel and a Saitek quadrant for the same money which would be better in my opinion.

Cheers, Andy.