Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

This is why I love P3D v2

Jaggies?

18fps??

OK, OK... FS9'er here...  :lol:  Nice clouds

Tread lightly Wingz, it's the same thing as telling new parents their baby is ugly. :biggrin:

Anyone found dissing P3DV2 has so far been sent to the gulag! :Black Eye:

BTW, I do love the cockpit grab Peppy, love seeing shots from the left seat.

Nice capture Peppy. 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I have a lot of UT2 AI and use quality settings is prob why the fps is less than 110 per millisecond

It is ten times smoother than fsx, even when the fps is around 12 (happens a lot at custom airports)\

The clouds do not pop in and out, and the scenery stays constant without any flicker.

Jaggies?

18fps??

OK, OK... FS9'er here...  :lol:  Nice clouds

Did I mention the res = 3150 x 1680 ??

Takes a crunching of data there boy

:P

12-18 fps

Happy for you!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Looks awesome!!! Too bad the FPS is struggling a bit... Although, it's a brand new piece of software; once newer GPUs and optimizations from LM come out, I am sure that we will all be more pleased with the performance. 

Your not helping the cause with frame rates like that.  Some need just an inch and they'll take a mile to criticize... 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Your not helping the cause with frame rates like that.  Some need just an inch and they'll take a mile to criticize... 

The "cause" ?

So showing P3D in the raw state that it actually ran on somebody's machine should be self-censored for...what?...PR purposes?  I wouldn't have thought one way or another about P3D based on one guy's random screenshot, and I still don't, but your comment on the other hand, really bothers me.

Man!

The "cause" ?

My reaction as well.  Not being a "fan" of P3D, XP, FSX, FS9, Flight or any of the above, I don't quite get being on a mission when it comes to sims.

My current sim is FSX, but I remain a very interested observer of both P3D V2 and XP.  I think most of us are in similar positions, currently using one or two sims, but remaining interested in any serious on-going developments in others and keeping (or at least trying to keep) an open mind.  I very much want to see P3D succeed.  I very much want to see XP succeed.  But man... I also very much want to see open discussion of all the issues - warts included - so I appreciate those who are taking the time to show us *all* there is to see. 

Anyway, thanks to the OP for the capture.  Nice to see visuals of some of the things that have people excited.

Scott

The "cause" ?

So showing P3D in the raw state that it actually ran on somebody's machine should be self-censored for...what?...PR purposes?  I wouldn't have thought one way or another about P3D based on one guy's random screenshot, and I still don't, but your comment on the other hand, really bothers me.

Man!

Let's elaborate the 'Cause'.  FS was basically dead with a crappy last version released in 2006 (no matter how much you guys try to deny it).  We have a well known aircraft manufacturer trying to keep the effort alive and thankfully they let us tag along for the ride.  Many FSX users scoffed at FS9er's for not moving ahead with progress and keeping developers producing products for an old platform.  Any chance they got they scolded developers for making yet another FS9 product.  Now these same people are crying foul with every drop of the hat about P3D v2.  Trying to find reasons not to like this new sim even though this is the future (and a bright future it is).  LM doesn't have to do what they've done with including us and it's somewhat disrespectful the way people are acting toward them because they dared to try and improve FSX.  They dared to have the gall to make the sim accessible to our community meaning add-on developers rework their products to stand beside FSX products.  After the years of hardware upgrades and tweaking to no end FSXers (should they choose to) have to start all over again.  They dared to see something in what we've done for years and make efforts to keep it going after MS dropped the ball do to their ongoing identity crisis.  All the hard work on P3D v2 is met with criticism with every little issue found.  That's shameful.  So the 'Cause' is to get an accurate word out around the loud FSX users on these forums that this is an effort worth embracing.  Like I said before I thought our hobby was dead because the going wisdom is PC's are dead, hand helds are in, and MS is moving to 'Metro' to embrace it all.  XBox is the future meaning how we've done business in our hobby would be over in the next 5-10 years (current hardware and OS's can only last so long).   For more reasons than a few what LM has done is huge with not only our hobby but aviation training in general.  FS has inspired new pilots for the last 20+ years now new people and schools have something they can just get in and use once it's refined.  If P3D becomes a success in the larger training market thanks to our efforts in getting it off the ground there's so many ways this can help students, pilots, and enthusiast alike.  The 'Cause' is to help this effort not kill it just so short sighted people can stay with a dead platform.  FSX is far from accessible to the average user (unless their in IT), it isn't being optimized, and it sure as heck isn't being supported.  If people want to stay with FSX that's one thing but to demonize an effort that helps our hobby move forward in general is something else altogether.

Now, the shot above is 'NOT' representative of most users using P3D v2.  A high altitude shot should produce higher frames than that.  FSXers are going to run away with this and say "See we told you it was crap".  I had Ed Detroit in another thread take a snow screenshot and call it a rain scene without droplets on the VC windows (he's an FS9 user).  Even though reading through the thread clarified things he took the picture and ran with it.  That's why I said what I did because many are looking for any reason. Now we have yet another screenshot for nefarious people to parade around mis-information... I don't know what's going on with the OP's setup and he'll have to chime in as to why he's getting such low framerates but for the record most people aren't reporting such low performance even on older hardware.

FS2020 

Im running this on three monitors linked by eyefinity to deliver a smmoth fps at a res of 3150 x 1680

Now if I had a 1900 x 1080 the view would be about a third of that

and high fps of nothingness

I SHOULD HAVE TURNED OFF THE FPS COUNTER

I am hoping P3D V2 succeeds but it will be years and will cost much more money.  For starter you need 200 USD for the license, 700 to upgrade your GPU and more money to upgrade your aircraft models PMDG Pro License, more money to upgrade your sceneries and pray that the developer of your sceneries will climb on board.  For someone who is coming from FS9 and does not have a huge FSX investment, it will probably make sense.  The whole thesis about P3D V2 preserving your FSX investments is under question.  DX11 is new and and there is no guarantee that all of your FSX scenery add on will work/perform.  I bought a developer 1 month license just to see what the fuss is all about, and I am glad 10 bucks are all that I spent.  I am not looking to spend much money or much more time tweaking.  So far all that I see are default, non complex add-on with minimal scenery change (FTXG texture replacement) I am waiting to see how it will perform with complex simulation and complex scenery.  May be in a year time, may be never for me, FSX does have its wart, but I reduced enough eye candy to give me a good flight experience with good weather depiction.  P3D V2 migration right now looks like much more work for me with only tangential benefit, so I will pass.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Let's elaborate the 'Cause'. FS was basically dead with a crappy last version released in 2006 (no matter how much you guys try to deny it). We have a well known aircraft manufacturer trying to keep the effort alive and thankfully they let us tag along for the ride. Many FSX users scoffed at FS9er's for not moving ahead with progress and keeping developers producing products for an old platform. Any chance they got they scolded developers for making yet another FS9 product. Now these same people are crying foul with every drop of the hat about P3D v2. Trying to find reasons not to like this new sim even though this is the future (and a bright future it is). LM doesn't have to do what they've done with including us and it's somewhat disrespectful the way people are acting toward them because they dared to try and improve FSX. They dared to have the gall to make the sim accessible to our community meaning add-on developers rework their products to stand beside FSX products. After the years of hardware upgrades and tweaking to no end FSXers (should they choose to) have to start all over again. They dared to see something in what we've done for years and make efforts to keep it going after MS dropped the ball do to their ongoing identity crisis. All the hard work on P3D v2 is met with criticism with every little issue found. That's shameful. So the 'Cause' is to get an accurate word out around the loud FSX users on these forums that this is an effort worth embracing. Like I said before I thought our hobby was dead because the going wisdom is PC's are dead, hand helds are in, and MS is moving to 'Metro' to embrace it all. XBox is the future meaning how we've done business in our hobby would be over in the next 5-10 years (current hardware and OS's can only last so long). For more reasons than a few what LM has done is huge with not only our hobby but aviation training in general. FS has inspired new pilots for the last 20+ years now new people and schools have something they can just get in and use once it's refined. If P3D becomes a success in the larger training market thanks to our efforts in getting it off the ground there's so many ways this can help students, pilots, and enthusiast alike. The 'Cause' is to help this effort not kill it just so short sighted people can stay with a dead platform. FSX is far from accessible to the average user (unless their in IT), it isn't being optimized, and it sure as heck isn't being supported.

Now the shot above is 'NOT' representative of most users using P3D v2. A high altitude shot should produce higher frames than that. FSXers are going to run away with this and say "See we told you it was crap". That's why I said what I did because many are looking for any reason, no you have a screenshot to parade around... I don't know what's going on with the OP's setup and he'll have to chime in as to why he's getting such low framerates but for the record most people aren't reporting such low performance even on older hardware.

Well Dillon, keep shilling away then....you've convinced yourself that you are a Hero to the "Cause", not only so that your favorite sim gains traction, but also for the patriotic future of commercial aviation itself!   You're basically justifying the use of sheer propaganda to suppress less-than-positive opinions, and I have zero respect for that. Zero.  I want P3D to succeed too.  And to me that means honest discussion about it, not B.S. and political spin.  For example, you say  "All the hard work on P3D v2 is met with criticism with every little issue found."  Good! That's how errors are exposed and fixed!  Not by Pollyanna's and spin doctors, but by honest critics holding the vendor to a high standard.

I don't believe you are knowledgeable enough to make broad statements about the experience of "Most" users' performance observations.  One thing is clear however: Some people who are quite adept at tweaking and tuning FSX (a skill you apparently never acquired) are having less satisfying results than they hoped for with P3Dv2.

We'll see how it works out for you...

Well Dillon, keep shilling away then....you've convinced yourself that you are a Hero to the "Cause", not only so that your favorite sim gains traction, but also for the patriotic future of commercial aviation itself!   You're basically justifying the use of sheer propaganda to suppress less-than-positive opinions, and I have zero respect for that. Zero.

I don't believe you are knowledgeable enough to make broad statements about the experience of "Most" users' performance observations. 

One thing is clear however: Some people who are quite adept at tweaking and tuning FSX (a skill you apparently never acquired) are having less satisfying results than they hoped for.

We'll see how it works out for you (but I can't see how anyone would believe you now, after this)

No 'Hero' just someone who's been around long enough to see two versions of FS that required far more effort to get them running than they should (FS2000 and FSX).  I'm not on any propaganda mission either, I just support this effort.  I was looking at the FSX tweaking guide here on Avsim today and saw so many suggestions that turned around and stated, 'This may not work on your system'.  The state of expectations today people in general want something they can install and run, plain and simple.  That's not too much to ask in the era of XBOX One.  FS needs to be like that and FSX never will.  You'd be better off going down to your local FBO versus monkeying around with FSX just to fly virtually.  I've used P3D on a friends machine as I'm still specking out hardware to get my PC updated.  What's cool is I can run P3D on my existing three year old system.  Could never even have the thought let alone doing that with FSX without more tweaking than P3D v2 would ever require me to do.

As far as 'less-than-positive' opinions, I'll bet most of them are coming from people who haven't even used the sim, I have.  Second these opinions are coming from people who won't even use the 60 day return policy to see if P3D works for them.  Anyone who has used this sim loves it in comparison to FSX.  Does it need work, yes but for something that was just released I feel LM did a heck of a job.  I don't care if you respect me or them.  

FS2020