Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

This is why I love P3D v2

The discussions here should be about the image, not the sim.  Any deep intellectual or philosophical tête-à-tête

should be reserved for the respective sim forum.  Here, it's all about peace, love, and flowers.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

If people want to stay with FSX that's one thing but to demonize an effort that helps our hobby move forward in general is something else altogether.

Here we go again.  We've been through this so many times already.

You played victim while flying FS9, and now that you want P3D, you're playing victim again when an FSX user says something you don't like about the sim you've chosen to go with.

It's getting old.

Do you not see the irony in the quote I've taken from your post?

While you were flying FS9, you bashed FSX at every chance you got, and even calling it crap.  So, I'll rephrase that quote for you so you can see how ridiculous it's getting...

"If people want to stay with FS9 that's one thing but to demonize an effort that helps our hobby move forward (FSX) in general is something else altogether."

You're telling people not to do exactly what you've been doing for years.

*edit*

The discussions here should be about the image, not the sim.  Any deep intellectual or philosophical tête-à-tête

should be reserved for the respective sim forum.  Here, it's all about peace, love, and flowers.

My apologies, Dennis.  Your post came up while I was typing.  I'm outta this discussion.

The discussion is perfectly legitimate and one that I enjoy following.  Several eloquent posters debating the merits of one sim vs. another advances the overall understanding of the hobby we all enjoy.  As long as it doesn't degrade into personal attacks, everything is cool.

This is simply the wrong forum forum for that discussion.  I hope ya'll continue in the appropriate place.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

No 'Hero' just someone who's been around long enough to see two versions of FS that required far more effort to get them running than they should (FS2000 and FSX). I'm not on any propaganda mission either, I just support this effort. I was looking at the FSX tweaking guide here on Avsim today and saw so many suggestions that turned around and stated, 'This may not work on your system'. The state of expectations today people in general want something they can install and run, plain and simple. That's not too much to ask in the era of XBOX One. FS needs to be like that and FSX never will. You'd be better off going down to your local FBO versus monkeying around with FSX just to fly virtually. I've used P3D on a friends machine as I'm still specking out hardware to get my PC updated. What's cool is I can run P3D on my existing three year old system. Could never even have the thought let alone doing that with FSX without more tweaking than P3D v2 would ever require me to do.

Specing out your system?

What are you trying to do?

I run FSX, REX, OPUS, Radar Contact, a large number of addons, AS2012, FS2Crew, MCE, AIvlasoft, SimConnect, lots of traffic, and have NEVER experienced an OOM. This is while my Win7x64 Pro is running the internet, my fish tank, a crapload of processes I don't need, and I'm processing 3D art renders on a 4th monitor. FSX on monitor 1, Aivlasoft on Monitor 2, my 10" touchscreen running my CDU...

I'm running at +30 fps with the very occasional dip into the high 20's.

Core i7 3770K oc'd to 4.7GHz on a Sandy Bridge board (in my own opinion, the architecture of Ivy Bridge is poorly engineered)

32Gb of DDR3 1800 RAM

Water cooling on the CPU only

Win 7 on SSD1, user library on platter 2, FSX on SSD3, legacy programs and library on platter 4

Two 760GTX video cards in SLI, card # 2 mainly running Physx processing.

Rock on, baby, what's to spec?

Back on topic, my system screams on P3D v2 $10 trial, but I will not purchase it yet only because I'm waiting on the PMDG dust to settle. Although I could break the EULA and run their stuff on it, I'd rather do it with support legally. And $200 is nothing if I was to get a seamless sim. My FSX runs great, but I can see the limitations of the old software.

Kev

Blimey, there are some 'hard of hearing' simmers here! (I do agree though)

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I've had 45 FPS in that aircraft, with that amount of weather, every day this week....

and that is with a cheap HD 7850 2GB.... :wink:

I certainly wouldn't get out of bed for 18 FPS ............... BUT........ as long as the OP is having fun, does anything else matter?

I agree there is no "cause" for P3D, but equally, there is no anti-cause;  remember that part too and we'll all live...

happily-ever-after-580x399.jpg

Gotta love flightdeck shadows eh!?

My AEX crashes shortly after reaching cruise for some reason :(

Aamir Thacker

Well Dillon, keep shilling away then....you've convinced yourself that you are a Hero to the "Cause", not only so that your favorite sim gains traction, but also for the patriotic future of commercial aviation itself!   You're basically justifying the use of sheer propaganda to suppress less-than-positive opinions, and I have zero respect for that. Zero.  I want P3D to succeed too.  And to me that means honest discussion about it, not B.S. and political spin.  For example, you say  "All the hard work on P3D v2 is met with criticism with every little issue found."  Good! That's how errors are exposed and fixed!  Not by Pollyanna's and spin doctors, but by honest critics holding the vendor to a high standard.

I don't believe you are knowledgeable enough to make broad statements about the experience of "Most" users' performance observations.  One thing is clear however: Some people who are quite adept at tweaking and tuning FSX (a skill you apparently never acquired) are having less satisfying results than they hoped for with P3Dv2.

Could you get any more personal, nasty, bitter, vindictive, or ill-intended, KingGhidorah? ...... You should be banned from this forum for that IMHO opinion.       I have zero respect for you.  Zero.     You just love to really nail people in the heart.  You're a really nasty bloke and I feel sorry for you, walking the Earth with such a cold, hateful heart.    If I get kicked or suspended for saying that, so be it, you contribute nothing here but vindictiveness.    Yes, I was personal too.

I *love* raw, unedited screenshots with a fps counter in one corner of the picture ...   :Peace:   :Love:  Four%20Leaf%20Clover.gif

Could you get any more personal, nasty, bitter, vindictive, or ill-intended, KingGhidorah? ...... You should be banned from this forum for that IMHO opinion.       I have zero respect for you.  Zero.     You just love to really nail people in the heart.  You're a really nasty bloke and I feel sorry for you, walking the Earth with such a cold, hateful heart.    If I get kicked or suspended for saying that, so be it, you contribute nothing here but vindictiveness.    Yes, I was personal too.

In respect to the moderator's admonitions to keep this forum section about the screenshots, I am unsure how to respond to this, except perhaps to say that I very strongly dissaprove of Dillon's stance that such screenshots should be hidden from public view as part of some pro-p3d/anti-FSX agenda.  I hope P3D is very successful, supplants FSX, and becomes the sim of choice myself, but not this way.  If the argument I've made in defense of basic honesty and transparency makes me a nasty human being in your eyes, that's ok. 

KingGhidorah, on 02 Dec 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Well Dillon, keep shilling away then....you've convinced yourself that you are a Hero to the "Cause", not only so that your favorite sim gains traction, but also for the patriotic future of commercial aviation itself! You're basically justifying the use of sheer propaganda to suppress less-than-positive opinions, and I have zero respect for that. Zero. I want P3D to succeed too. And to me that means honest discussion about it, not B.S. and political spin. For example, you say "All the hard work on P3D v2 is met with criticism with every little issue found." Good! That's how errors are exposed and fixed! Not by Pollyanna's and spin doctors, but by honest critics holding the vendor to a high standard.

I don't believe you are knowledgeable enough to make broad statements about the experience of "Most" users' performance observations. One thing is clear however: Some people who are quite adept at tweaking and tuning FSX (a skill you apparently never acquired) are having less satisfying results than they hoped for with P3Dv2.

Could you get any more personal, nasty, bitter, vindictive, or ill-intended, KingGhidorah? ...... You should be banned from this forum for that IMHO opinion. I have zero respect for you. Zero. You just love to really nail people in the heart. You're a really nasty bloke and I feel sorry for you, walking the Earth with such a cold, hateful heart. If I get kicked or suspended for saying that, so be it, you contribute nothing here but vindictiveness. Yes, I was personal too.

Sorry I don't see anything mean nasty or bitter in the above post at all. He's telling it as it is. If you look at Dillon's, previous posts, he disses FSX any chance he gets, in favor of his chosen sim FS2004. Now he's doing the same only now to promote his new chosen platform.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Amen to that fed up a very long time ago with those silly arguments just enjoy ;-)

Nice shot :-)

André

Hey Peppy,

Nice screenshot and I am glad to see that you are getting pretty good FPS for a three monitor setup.  

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations