Sign in to follow this  
goosse31

Eaglesoft citation X V2.0: MFD freeze

I update my navigraph db with the last navigraph airac 1312 specific for Eaglesoft. In the FMS, the SID and STAR are the recent one.

The update didn't solve the issue.

We did not say the only issue is Navigraph updates, we said that is a likely source to examine when problems occur.

To answer your original question, no, there is no known workaround as we are still unable to duplicate the issue.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Great,

Now that we have the only man in the world who can fix this issue joining the thread, can we hope for some work to finally sort this problem for those of us that love the CX but still have these issues.

Sure, make it happen on my system... then we'll get somewhere.  Until I can see it happen, I have nothing to chase. 

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I occasionally experienced this problem, but it always occured way after installing the CX 2.0, and could always be resolved by reinstalling it.     Perhaps therefore it is related to what KingGhidorah was saying above;  overwriting of hte original DB that comes with the CX 2.0 that causes the problem.

So the first thing to try would be a good ol' unistall/reinstall to see if the problem still occurs after that.

I've had a couple of CTD's in the past with Navigraph data that has been fixed in later releases i.e. pick a certain STAR, approach at a certain airport and CTD. Not had what you've described though.

Can you please go through your flight workflow and flight plan and how you can duplicate the error, I'll try the same and at least you'll know if it's localised or other people have this issue.

Not to mention then even I might have something to go on... other than 'it freezes'.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

We had some similar issues with the Aerosoft Navdata at QualityWings.

They did get it mostly right. But when you don't work with the developers at all, there's always going to be the risk of some unanticipated issue arising.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

"So the first thing to try would be a good ol' unistall/reinstall to see if the problem still occurs after that."

Dave, that process takes user back to the out of date DB that comes with the CX2.0 if they allow overwrites...

It is quite possible that users who go the non supported Aerosoft route or somehow corrupt their Navigraph data that users may assume it's the plane.

That may explain why we can't duplicate the issue... B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I move the directory Navdata to Navdata.1312

I uninstall CX2.0. 

I reinstall CX2.0.

The installation create a directory navdata which contains the old navdata (I compare the nd.mdb size with the old one I backup).

The active db ident is  21NOV/07.

Retest but still freezing.

"The active db ident is  21NOV/07.

Retest but still freezing."

Of course that DB is outdated as is included w/CX.20 and as we've said all along.

Again we have no way to tell if users have corrupted data on their machines, we only that know we can't duplicate the issue.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

It is difficult for me to give up and then I decided to do a complete installation on a separate empty disk: Windows 7, last AMD drivers, FSX , FSX SP1, FSX SP2, FSUIPC.

In safe mode, I install CX2.0 as administrator. Reboot.

Unfortunatlly, the freeze is still present.  Not at the same place but still there.

There are not other add-on to interfer. It's a fsx out of the box, no tweak. No previous installations. 

I'm convince that it's a hardware conflict or problem with DirectX on this hardware.  

Some other simmers that had the same issue had a similar hardware: AMD processor, Radeon HD GPU. 

Now, where is the conflict? Without traces, log or debug dll, it's impossible to fix such issue.

Until I change my PC, this beautifull bird will stay in the garage.  Sniff

If someone has an idea how to debug,.. 

I think I find a solution to flight this plane on my config. I change the fsx settings:

Scenery settings / Terrain and water

- Mesh resolution -> 38m

- Texture resolution -> 1m 

- Water effect: low 2.X

The others parameters in this panel are full.

I check this configuration on the fresh fsx install on my other disk and I could do multiple flights from KLAS to KLAX without freezing!

In this last installation, FSX.cfg is not modified by me (100% from installation).

Thanks for posting. Interesting that users scenery settings and FSX.config settings can effect straightforward flight... B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ron,

Just tested again with the scenery settings mentioned above, made no difference, still the MFD locks up.

EGGW to LKPR

New Navigraph data installed cycle 1313 in both the CX and FSCommander.
55 mins into the flight after Radar contact has started me down, the MFD locks up, some of the buttons along the bottom still working but the display frozen.
Shortly after that the aircraft starts to drift away from its flight path followed by the FLC not capturing the dialled in altitude.

Frustrating, this is really the Aircraft that I prefer to fly over anything else available, but I can rarely complete a flight without the glass freezing.

Another try later today, determined to not let this beat me

EGGW to LKPR, clean install of the CX with 1313 navdata, this time with an FSBuild flightplan using a clean install of FSBuild and 1313 data.
Different routing given by FSBuild than the one generated by FSCommander.
This time the lockup on the MFD happens around the same time into the flight but the waypoint is different due to the differing flightplan.
The MFD in the 2D panel is still sequencing waypoints fine when the VC MFD is locked up.
Shortly after this other functions start to play up, FLC will not capture the dialled in altitude and then finally the PFD starts to play up.

Ended the flight and uninstalled the CX, I have been trying for a year to work out why this happens, enough is enough, life to short ect.

It seems to be only the VC gauge that locks up the 2D panel seems to keep sequencing waypoints just fine,

Basically a day off work wasted and Ed Wilson will still come on here and say he cannot duplicate the problem.

He must be flying VFR without the FMC programmed in that case, because for quite a few of us this is a very real problem and we would like some support on it.

Maddog we would love to be able to duplicate the issue and to date we've been unable.

Email your actual FP to me at support at Eaglesoftdg.com and we'll try to duplicate the issue.

No other way we can try to pin this down. B)

Ron,

Just tested again with the scenery settings mentioned above, made no difference, still the MFD locks up.

EGGW to LKPR

New Navigraph data installed cycle 1313 in both the CX and FSCommander.

55 mins into the flight after Radar contact has started me down, the MFD locks up, some of the buttons along the bottom still working but the display frozen.

Shortly after that the aircraft starts to drift away from its flight path followed by the FLC not capturing the dialled in altitude.

Frustrating, this is really the Aircraft that I prefer to fly over anything else available, but I can rarely complete a flight without the glass freezing.

EGGW to LKPR, clean install of the CX with 1313 navdata, this time with an FSBuild flightplan using a clean install of FSBuild and 1313 data.

Different routing given by FSBuild than the one generated by FSCommander.

The MFD in the 2D panel is still sequencing waypoints fine when the VC MFD is locked up.

Just an FYI, neither FSBuild nor FS Commander are used by us or supported by us so email the plan for us to check...

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png