Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Twin Otter X Extended - inspiration?

Hey all,

We've had so many great add-ons released over the last year, and some releases quite close together, which meant for me at least, that some brilliant new aircraft really haven't had the attention they deserve.

The biggest example of this for me, is the Aerosoft Twin Otter X Extended - it is a fantastic addon, flies beautifully, looks great, excellent performance, etc... but I just haven't had the time to fly it.

So............. Can anyone tell recommend any real world operations and routes for this aircraft, that I can simulate ?

Thanks in advance!

Winair,

St Maarten (TNCM) to SABA!

Thats going to be one tough landing to make!

SABA is a small island located South of St Maarten (Very close)

Its like a rock with an airstrip hanging off the side of it!

Have not tried to land the Otter at SABA myself yet, but boy was it tough in the Piper Cub!

I was using the Fly Tampa ST Maarten pack.

http://www.sabatourism.com/sabasairport.html

b.

Thank you !

I have the FlyTampa Maarten complete scenery, but haven't flown it for a long time, and never thought of it for the Twin Otter.   Great suggestion!

Have not tried to land the Otter at SABA

Landing at SABA is a blast (with upgraded scenery - it's a mess in default FSX) - started going there in an BN Islander (piece of cake), but the Otter is a bit more exciting, not bad at all, but as you might imagine, engine power management is critical :P

also,  St. Barts is really good practice for Saba and not far our of your way from St Maarten...

Also try Glasgow to Barra, on the beach, in the Scottish Highlands!

But you'll need Aerosoft,s dangerous airports Vol 1, for Barra!

Cheers,

Mal...

If you have Tongass Fjords X, then East and Northeast of Scud River (CAB6) to the 4 unlisted mining airstrips shown in the area's documentation will provide some very interesting and intense challenges for the aspiring Otter pilot...  :lol:

Thank you !

I have the FlyTampa Maarten complete scenery, but haven't flown it for a long time, and never thought of it for the Twin Otter.   Great suggestion!

Don't forget the flight from TNCM to TFFJ (Saint Barts). To me the landing on runway 10 is the toughest in Flight Sim.

I did it for real back in 2012, my wife and I were the only passengers on the plane. Click HERE for HD video of the landing.

I also captured the engine start (Captain Brooks was a great guy to fly with), click HERE for that.

And of course spotting there was amazing....

Also, look up the freeware Sint Eustatius photo scenery here in the library. It includes the airport and is a frequent destination for WinAir from TNCM..... (look for St Eustatius, Caribbean, PhotoScenery V2 by Harald Sandvik)

If you get Aerosoft Seychelles you could fly some twotter flights to many small airstrips. Air Seychelles operates multiple twin otters to those from the main Seychelles Intl airport...

Most of those airstrips are rather rough without many buildings, however they are very well made just like the whole scenery. 

Victoria Harbour, BC to Vancouver Harbour.

Westcoast Air / Harbour Air flies this route every hour.

Likewise Nanaimo to Vancouver.

Use the -100 Float plane!

(credit to PlaneSpotters.net)

..and the FSX version

Edited by firehawk44
First image removed as it exceeded the 400KB weight limits.

Bert

Victoria Harbour, BC to Vancouver Harbour.

Westcoast Air / Harbour Air flies this route every hour.

Likewise Nanaimo to Vancouver.

Use the -100 Float plane!

(credit to PlaneSpotters.net)

..and the FSX version

Funny you should mention this.  Just did the route last night in the West Air bird.

Obie

I, too have not had the time to use the Twotter, but I have another idea where to fly it already: FlyTampa's Grenadines look like a great place for the Twin Otter!

North Queensland into Papua New Guinea?

Maldives?

I have to admit, it's been sitting unflown in my hanger almost since release. Not really sure why...

VNKT (Katmandu, with Thai Creations, VNKT) to Lukla (Aerosoft's Lukla).

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter