Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Twin Otter X Extended - inspiration?

I would definately take her into PNG and Indonesia. Some great airstrips there, especially if you have the Bush Flying PNG scenery (can't remember who did it)

I know its not a twotter, but check out these videos for a taste of flying in "Jungle" http://vimeo.com/indopilot

I would think of any kind of bush-flying and island-hopping for the Twotter (they may not be RW routes, though).

Lemme add:

• (Aerosoft) Tahiti (new version in development)
  • (PacSim) Tonga (two titles - the international airport and the three domestic airports bundle)
  • (Newport) Antigua (enhancing the two titles of Caribbean stuff by FlyTampa)

This is very strange - there's another 'version' of this same thread with lot's of replies - I didn't realize there had even been a duplicate.   I didn't see it yesterday when I posted.   Strange!

Thanks for those suggestions Brian; going to look at them now  :cool:

There are real world paints for Papua and St. Marten. I've been using it in Norway as there are excellent Wideroe repaints around. The plane lacks still some important paints, wish that the repainters work harder... The Loganair comes to mind in this respect. If you own the earthsimulations sceneries Scilly Airbus certainly takes you to interesting locations.

Frontier paint is also available, they used it, I think, in the Rocky

Mountains.

I believe that new paints will eventually appear and we are able to use it in real world routes even more.

This is very strange - there's another 'version' of this same thread with lot's of replies - I didn't realize there had even been a duplicate.   I didn't see it yesterday when I posted.   Strange!

Thanks for those suggestions Brian; going to look at them now   :cool:

There has to be something strange going on with the website. I had something similiar happen to me too!

Does anyone fly the Twin Otter into Jackson Hole Airport Wy? (KJAC)

Or does anyone fly the Twin Otter in the CRM area? Given the high elevation, I would think it ideal?

(Yes, if you guessed, I am looking for a realistic way to fly the Twin Otter in the CRM Orbx scenery.. Lol)

B.

I would tend to think (don't know for sure) that using the twotter in a high mountainous region like KJAC..area  wouldn't be all that great since it is not a pressurized plane.. I would think more corporate type a/c would be better (Citation X, B200, PC12, etc)

Ciao!

Yes, if you guessed, I am looking for a realistic way to fly the Twin Otter in the CRM Orbx scenery.. Lol

These guys (http://www.mccallaviation.com/planes.html)  fly a BN Islander out of Idaho, so I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to imagine an "upgrade" to Otters for trips around the CRM area.

Also see: http://oddballpilot.com/2013/04/aircraft-walkthrough-mccall-aviation-britten-norman-bn-2-islander/

I fly my "Fire Jumpers" Otter out of West Yellowstone a lot - just sayin' :P

While doing associated research, Mount Cook Airlines operated one in southern NZ. There is at least one livery available for the Extended.

Mike

Aerosoft's Maldives package is a little older but it is great for the Twin Otter if you want to fly the float version. It includes a float base with AI float traffic.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

cva1077, on 03 Dec 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

I would definately take her into PNG and Indonesia. Some great airstrips there, especially if you have the Bush Flying PNG scenery (can't remember who did it)

I know its not a twotter, but check out these videos for a taste of flying in "Jungle" http://vimeo.com/indopilot

Here are the guys who made it : http://islandsim.com/ A keeper...

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

This isn't a real-world route, but still: using the ORBX PNW scenery the  freeware Portland landclass and airports they offer for that area, I am at the moment doing the following route:

KTTD-KHQM-2S1-7WA3-CBB7

Install and enjoy.

Hi,

Welcome to my first ever posting.  On any forum!  I apologise in advance If I breech any protocols.

You could try the Orkney Islands circular out of Kirkwall.  That of course includes the Westray to Papa Westray hop ie. shortest scheduled  commercial flight on the planet.  I haven't checked and it's possible Islanders are being used these days but it was definitely a Twin Otter I watched taking off from Westray when I was up there a few (ok, possibly more than just a few) years ago.

Phil