Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Latest photos of Carenado Embraer Phenom 100

Absolutly voluptuous !!!

I think my F1 Cessna Mustang will have to rest for a while...

As usual it looks great but I'm all tuckered out with Carenado products..  They all look different on the inside but on an operational level all feel exactly the same.  I dig the products I have from there especially the Stolle FDE'ed  ones but there isn't a large gap op's wise between them all and after a while you just feel like you're buying a new tablecloth..  

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

but I'm all tuckered out with Carenado products

Me too, but I fear I may be sucked in by the good looks and the fact that I really want a nice small jet for FSX - for my non NGX moments you understand :P

I am even drawn to the 1900D they are working on as well, but having the Q400 will probably fend that one off (even though I love the liveries it comes with)

I'll be buying. I can't pass up a nice looking bizjet - even if it's slow! This thing goes a little faster than the F1 Mustang at altitude.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'll be buying if they release RW Nav data and properly model the G1000 in them.

Great models but I just feel they skimp on the systems detail.

Sean

Kind Regards,

Sean McCormack
FPSPLAYERS.COM

Game and Voice Servers

I doubt they'll do that. It's a ton of work to implement navigraph data in a G1000 (just ask Flight1 hehe).

I plan on half-arsing it with my RXP 530W popup for accurate and RW navigation.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'll be buying if they release RW Nav data and properly model the G1000 in them.

Great models but I just feel they skimp on the systems detail.

Sean

People having been saying similar for ages.. Carenado is all about wrapping 4096 textures around default functionality

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I'll take anything that looks nice if it's a bizjet. There just aren't many out there to begin with.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Whoa, those screen shots are stunning.

It would be nice if they made a version of the panel that could take a Mindstar G1000 if one wanted to upgrade.

Barry Friedman

People having been saying similar for ages.. Carenado is all about wrapping 4096 textures around default functionality

hit it right on the head...   and sadly they FLOOD the hell out of the GA market so we don't see much GA in depth simulations.   

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I went on their web site and can only see exterior pics.  Will wait until I see VC pics before I start getting excited.

I'll be buying. I can't pass up a nice looking bizjet - even if it's slow! This thing goes a little faster than the F1 Mustang at altitude.

I'm on the fence. Is this going to be another neutered G1000 with questionable FDE like their TBM?

I really hope not.... 

Whoa, those screen shots are stunning.

It would be nice if they made a version of the panel that could take a Mindstar G1000 if one wanted to upgrade.

+1. But I doubt it will happen. I asked them about being able to do so in the C182T and they replied that they have zero interest. All looks, but zero brain. That's Carenado for you.

Zero brain?  Bah!  Half a brain at least.  With Carenado you get everything except real deep systems.  Sometimes the sounds are so-so but it depends on the plane.  Price-wise I agree they are a bit expensive for what you get.  But only a few other payware planes go above and beyond what Carenado offers (Dukev2, Legacy, Flight1 KA/Mustang/C182, A2A Mustang/C172, Aerosoft Katana - ,most of those planes cost more dollars too).  Think about the other planes that basically give you the same product, or at least the same level of modelling as Carenado - there are plenty!  

Unfortunately GA is costly to make ultra accurate systems.  Many new GA have glass which is a nightmare to model properly.  Bizjets aren't made because their avionics are ultra powerful, usually much better than Airbus and Boeing products.  

Let's face it, Flight1 is the only developer to do a mostly functional G1000, and their king air is probably the most advanced GA plane to date for FSX.  I highly highly highly DOUBT we'll ever see that kind of avionics presentation from Carenado or anyone else!  PMDG/Aerosoft/QW obiviously makes some nice avionics/screens for big jets, but none of them has really made a bizjet yet.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I think it was around the time the 182T was new a lot of people were wishing Carenado would go back to their roots of analog cockpit GA props..  The Stationair came and that was the last of analog because it was quickly offered instead with a G1000. I own it but it was the final straw for me. It was analog but it was yet another high wing Cessna but I wanted an Analog alterantive to the 182 and that was about as close you get..   I'd be happy if the Centurion FDE was finally fixed.. You still can't settle that thing down on the rear gear only.. It's 99% of the time a 3 point landing every single time. 

Carenados spinoff Alabeo though does some good GA analog stuff..