Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Latest photos of Carenado Embraer Phenom 100

The Stationair came and that was the last of analog because it was quickly offered instead with a G1000.

Carenado has since also done a very nice analog piston Malibu, with RXP integration.  Other than some mediocre sounds, it's quite nice and another welcome return to non-G1000 panels.

I'd be happy if the Centurion FDE was finally fixed.. You still can't settle that thing down on the rear gear only.. It's 99% of the time a 3 point landing every single time.

Why does this remind me of "almost always right, 99% of the time".  :-)

Check the Carenado 210 forum as there's actually a very simple mod to the aircraft cfg file which addresses the issue with changes to flap lift (decrease) and drag (increase) which fix this issue, as well as the ballooning that used to occur on flap extension.  If you can't find it, let me know and I'll dig up the mods from my config.  It really changed the plane for me and makes it a pleasure to fly.

Scott

Zero brain? Bah! Half a brain at least. With Carenado you get everything except real deep systems. Sometimes the sounds are so-so but it depends on the plane. Price-wise I agree they are a bit expensive for what you get. But only a few other payware planes go above and beyond what Carenado offers (Dukev2, Legacy, Flight1 KA/Mustang/C182, A2A Mustang/C172, Aerosoft Katana - ,most of those planes cost more dollars too). Think about the other planes that basically give you the same product, or at least the same level of modelling as Carenado - there are plenty!

Unfortunately GA is costly to make ultra accurate systems. Many new GA have glass which is a nightmare to model properly. Bizjets aren't made because their avionics are ultra powerful, usually much better than Airbus and Boeing products.

Let's face it, Flight1 is the only developer to do a mostly functional G1000, and their king air is probably the most advanced GA plane to date for FSX. I highly highly highly DOUBT we'll ever see that kind of avionics presentation from Carenado or anyone else! PMDG/Aerosoft/QW obiviously makes some nice avionics/screens for big jets, but none of them has really made a bizjet yet.

You need to check out the MilViz King Air 350 in development.

Carenado has since also done a very nice analog piston Malibu, with RXP integration.  Other than some mediocre sounds, it's quite nice and another welcome return to non-G1000 panels.

Why does this remind me of "almost always right, 99% of the time".  :-)

Check the Carenado 210 forum as there's actually a very simple mod to the aircraft cfg file which addresses the issue with changes to flap lift (decrease) and drag (increase) which fix this issue, as well as the ballooning that used to occur on flap extension.  If you can't find it, let me know and I'll dig up the mods from my config.  It really changed the plane for me and makes it a pleasure to fly.

Scott

Ooooh nice! I'll go look for that mod right now.. It just went so long with never being addressed I gave up looking awhile ago. :)

As far as his other stuff. It's just not my taste in GA. I own the C90 and PA46T already so there just wasn't enough deviation in the other stuff to even blink an eye at.. Too each their own. :) Glad he does what he does and especially the work Stolle put into the FDE's.. 

Edit: Just got done trying out that mod.. First approach w/ 1 notch of flaps I once again 3 point landed it.. Full power, back out.. New approach, 1 notch, and two pointed her.. I saw it's possible w/ full flaps also too so that's great! She's a very tricky bird to land because even with one notch of flaps and decent airspeed you really need to trim her out as she feels like a paper weight. B) Glad to see good flying now rewards you with a two point landing now!! Also applied the .40 on elevator effectiveness.. That helped calm her down A LOT.. Thanks!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Carenados spinoff Alabeo though does some good GA analog stuff.. 

Oh yeah, they have some real nice products in the low 20's USD price range.  Their staggerwing is nice but I don't fly it much.  I'll probably get their C195 though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ooooh nice! I'll go look for that mod right now.. It just went so long with never being addressed I gave up looking awhile ago. :)

As far as his other stuff. It's just not my taste in GA. I own the C90 and PA46T already so there just wasn't enough deviation in the other stuff to even blink an eye at..

it's certainly made a difference for me on the 210.  As for other planes - believe me I understand where you're coming from.  Up until the Piston Malibu I hadn't purchased anything since the C90.  Too much "same ol'" and/or incomplete G1000 implementations.

Scott

I'll take anything that looks nice if it's a bizjet. There just aren't many out there to begin with.

I was just about to say. Why is there no love in the bizjet department? I will probably be picking this up.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Hmmm. Maybe the Carenado is the way to go for me.

• I use Plan G for flight planning and loading
  • I don't fly IFR (yet - it could be my winter project to learn the basics)
  • I hand-fly all approaches

Sounds like a good match for a "almost always right, 99% of the time" G1000-equipped aircraft, no?   :)

I was just about to say. Why is there no love in the bizjet department? I will probably be picking this up.

Yeah, I miss my Flight1 Mustang since moving to P3D 1.4 (not on V2, yet). Wasn't the fastest ship in the hanger, but was fun to fly.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Also applied the .40 on elevator effectiveness.. That helped calm her down A LOT.. Thanks!

Good deal - glad it helped.  I don't make any changes in elevator effectiveness, as I think that can lead to a loss of authority in landing situations.  I deal with the somewhat sensitive elevator by using an aggressive FSUIPC curve.  That still allows me full authority when I need it, but reduces the overly touchy elevator in average flight situations.  The one other change I have made, however, is to reduce the elevator trim effectiveness a bit, making it a bit easier (albeit slower) to trim out.

And apologies to the OP for a bit of a thread diversion.

Sounds like a good match for a "almost always right, 99% of the time" G1000-equipped aircraft, no? :)

It might well be, given your use model.  My biggest gripes around the Carenado G1000s have to do with flight planning and modifying of flightplans during flight, lack of current navdata and lack of support for WAAS approaches which are becoming increasingly important in NA.  If you're not flying IFR, the last bit doesn't matter, but if you're planning on moving in that direction it might.

Scott

Yeah, I miss my Flight1 Mustang since moving to P3D 1.4 (not on V2, yet). Wasn't the fastest ship in the hanger, but was fun to fly.

Are you not able to install into P3D? She was a great plane to fly, but as you know, the fps hit was always prohibitive in most circumstances. Never quite understood that. Show now sits in my hanger with barely a scratch on her. :(

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Are you not able to install into P3D? She was a great plane to fly, but as you know, the fps hit was always prohibitive in most circumstances. Never quite understood that. Show now sits in my hanger with barely a scratch on her. :(

Yes, I could install it (and the Flight1 B200 - a magnificent aircraft). 

However, they load with no VC. It is like there is a switch or something. I can load them both hot and sitting on the runway, and advance throttle, lower flaps, etc. But no VC.

Talk about flying blind!!!    :lol:

Was just looking at the Carenado Phenom pictures... my, my, my - what an attractive little beastie!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Just checked their site. It looks very pretty.as do all the other Carenado products. Unfortunately that's where the realism normally ends IMO.

I'd love to buy this aeroplane if only they'd save a little of their textures budget to employ someone to code an accurate airfile.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Well let us not jump to conclusions. After all this is there first jet afaik. You never know, then again the fde could just be based off the Learjet.

I'd love to buy this aeroplane if only they'd save a little of their textures budget to employ someone to code an accurate airfile.

Hmm...  Which planes have you bought that you're dissatisfied with the flight models on? 

I know this was a knock on some of their older planes, but many of my Carenado planes actually fly very well and accurately within the limits of FSX.  I'd include the 337, the C90, the A36, the V35, (with "optional" aka Bernt Stolle FDE) and a number of others.  My gripes, when I've had them, are usually system related, or have to do with them almost taking good planes and making them great.  Almost.  Or they're about silly things like the almost untuneable ADF receivers they keep recycling into new releases.

Scott

You need to check out the MilViz King Air 350 in development.

Any ideas on ETA for this bird? Can it be upgraded with avionics from Mindstar? Does anyone know if Mindstar will be developing anything more than a G1000 (ie. Garmin GNS530/430)? Sorry for going off topic to the OP but I am hoping Mindstar will come through with more avionics products now that P3Dv2 is out!

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU