Sign in to follow this  
DarkstarF16

Bufferpools and all that jazz

I had to try it of course I did. This FSX tweak is recognised by P3D.

My AMD card generally averages around 70% - 80% usage. Using the BUFFERPOOLS tweak it will max out instantly and repeatedly, the fan goes mental and the PC wants to take off!

It does absolutely zilch for performance, apart from using more electricity.

Who else wants to own up to trying it :)

Don't know what you're talking about... :ph34r:  :lol:

Btw, you topic looks to be double-posted.

Don't know what you're talking about... :ph34r: :lol:

Btw, you topic looks to be double-posted.

Lol...

I'm using tapatalk on the iPad. It does that with boring regularity and is so annoying.

It does absolutely zilch for performance, apart from using more electricity.

Great, now you're saving on heating bills...

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

I keep seeing people posting about adding bufferpools and affinity mask entries to their .cfg, and all I can think of is "ugh, no. Wait and balance the sim by itself before messing with entries you don't even know have a negative/positive impact or not."

Not touching anything in the .cfg or through Nvidia Inspector until LM give us some recommended "modifications" to P3D.

All this hacking of the .cfg may have worked for FSX but that's only because it had no more support so we had to do everything ourselves.

LM is fully supporting this platform. Let them work this stuff out.

I tried the affinity mask just like I have in FSX. Compared the performance with CPU and GPUz. No difference.

Some people have reported blurry textures and that the affinity mask corrected them. I haven't had the problem so I can't verify.

Beau of LM stated that P3D2 is multicore aware and will offload core 0 so the OS can have it and just use 2,3,4. Which is the same thing you get with AM of 14.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors