Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

X-Plane 10 HD Mesh Scenery v2 COMPARISON screen shots!

Hi,

Because I have got questions every now or then abut "whats the difference between default and HD", I have started a new album in my Picasa collection. This time its all about comparing:

• default GlobalScenery
  • vs. HD Mesh Scenery v2

I used my little trick to capture each scene with exactly the same camera perspective (so you can easily flip back and forth between the pictures and see what happens). I have already added a few regions like,

• Norway
  • Alps
  • Canada, BC (man was I impressed by the extreme differences there ... its an entirely new feeling ... really)

... and will continue to add a few over the coming days (all depending on my time).

So, head over there, and check them out:

https://picasaweb.google.com/101666907909842492197/XPlane10HDMeshSceneryV2DefaultAndHDComparisons?authuser=0&feat=directlink

And if there is someone new, who does still not know whats HD Mesh Scenery v2:

http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-10-hd-scenery-mesh-v2/

The BC comparison is really really stunning!

I also like that with the HD mesh the "plausible world" algorithm finally shows that it works -- cities look way more natural now. So we see again, everything just depends on the quality of input data :)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Andras, the picasaweb link does not work for me. I get a 500 internal server error.

I have just re-checked, but for me it works (even from a 3rd browser which I usually don't use and shouldn't have anything in its cache). So, maybe just retry later (or make sure, no other things like proxys / filters / blockers are interfering).

The BC comparison is really really stunning!

I also like that with the HD mesh the "plausible world" algorithm finally shows that it works -- cities look way more natural now. So we see again, everything just depends on the quality of input data :)

Mario, there is another great plus...

Today, I was flying between Detroit Metro,and Myrtle Beach which takes you over the Blue Ridge Mountains. Well, before applying the HD Mesh V.2, (I have all the tiles offered...), a roadway would be seen climbing over a mountain in a way that you just KNOW, that engineers did not intend it to follow. Not real, not plausible.  Well, was I so very much surprised and delighted, to see that all roadways (viewed from 12,000 feet) now were snaking BETWEEN the mountains, following the valleys that they do in real life.  What a great boost to another level of true virtual happening below you. Not one road, secondary, interstate, or highway, just blasted over a part of the form and rise of a mountain.  Fabulous!