Sign in to follow this  
sascha

My very first flight for Buffalo Virtual!

Hi guys,

these are screenshots of my first Buffalo flight. In fact this was my first flight for a virtual airline ever, so just a short hop!

Flight BFL1011 from Yellowknife CYZF to Hay River CYHY, just a ways across the Great Slave Lake, 55min is the listed time. The aircraft is DC-3 G-GPNR, with a paintjob by Markus Hellwig.

Taxiing to runway 33 in front of Yellowknife Tower.

Climbing out, after a long left turn. Clear weather, no wind - ideal conditions for my first flight.

About to get my feet wet. I decide to fly west of the direct route to stay above land for as long as possible. That water looks cold!

Nothing much happening. Droning along at 4500 ft cruise, just trees and occasional bears.

Ooops. looks like the ride might get bumpy in a short while! Better switch on the seat belt sign ...

Sure enough, some turbulence and even moderate snowfall arriving at Hay River. Unfortunately the wind turns to 200 on the downwind leg for runway 32 so it will be a crosswind landing with slight gusty tailwind component, but wind speed is low and visibility stays good so I decide to continue to final.

A bit fast, got to loose some more speed before gear down!

I wanted to capture the touchdown for posterity but hit the button resetting the VC viewpoint instead! Darn! Correcting that, I opened another active window by mistake!! On top of that I forgot to lock the tailwheel before landing so I'm wobbling a bit in the roll-out. Oh well, not too bad overall anyway.

Taxiing up to the terminal. I should get an addon airport for this!

My first Pirep! Exactly 60 min from parking brake off to on! And the landing was good, too. Phew! Now for a cold beer!

wow..That is a good flight

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Goodonya Sascha... whatever happened to Markus?

Goodonya Sascha... whatever happened to Markus?

I think I have sighted him occasionally at the Virtual German Airforce site but I could be mistaken. I'll check.

Sascha

This is the "SKED" run that Joe (the owner) usually flies. So we know if he was on the flight deck with you, you got a strip torn off for all the errors you reported (Joe seems like such a jerk to the new guys on that show)   :lol:

Love the cockpit grabs, not to mention the details on the flight (very immersive)

Is that Flight Ontario's CYHY? Made by the late, and very talented Al Gay (I think it was his last airport).

Is that Flight Ontario's CYHY?

No, that is the default FS9 airport with some retexturing. Thanks for the link to Flight Ontario site, I am only now getting my set up assembled for the NW Territories and there are some real jewels there!

Regards,

Sascha

Yes, but you get some woolen longjohns as part of your uniform: http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/store/001737.php and regular hot coffee :Cuppa:

I've already got two pairs as this part of the world gets down to -15c in the Winter. I'm not sure the wife would agree to me turning off the heating during a N. Atlantic winter crossing!