Sign in to follow this  
KJConlon

WestJet Magic Plane

Anyone interested in creating this repaint unveiled today by WestJet?

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/westjet-unveils-disney-themed-737-1.1570611

-.- . ...- .. -.

Kevin Conlon

Parrot Head and PP-SEL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

I was just about to post the same request, I have several up close images from the event and will share these with who ever is interested in a big challenge and creating a high-quality paint

Definitely disappointed Westjet decided to get rid of their Carentee Livery and replace it with this one. I do agree the livery is absolutely stunning. One of my all time favorites but I do wish Westjet used another 737 instead of getting rid of Carentee.

Definitely disappointed Westjet decided to get rid of their Carentee Livery and replace it with this one. I do agree the livery is absolutely stunning. One of my all time favorites but I do wish Westjet used another 737 instead of getting rid of Carentee.

You're the only person I virtual-know who liked Carantee.  

I know a guy who loves the #100Boeing737NG too.  Each to their own.  

This Disney paint is glorious.  It really is magic.  All the close up photos show so much work went in to it.  

Baf1WyKCIAAp2P-.jpg-large-640x428.jpg

You know its weird. When I was a ramp agent at YVR it was the one plane I looked forward to seeing on the turn schedule. It was nice to see it over the mundane white/green and blue. And for whatever reason everyone I asked never took much liking to Carentee. Only myself and my girlfriend lol. I have Carentee as my NGX too

So which heavy hitter is taking this project on? Is someone also able to create the #100Boeing737NG? It's tail 820 and Reg C-GAWS

http://youtu.be/k7ydFkmukdI

#Magicplane being unveiled

Heavy hitter... You talk like your part of TAC   :P

Careantee needed to go as it no longer was a representation of the companys current marketing strategy. Remember careantee'ing Live TV for every flight? Remember careantee'ing no charge for second bags?    I never met one employee who liked that tail (including myself), more or less what it stood for as a failed marketing strategy rather then the livery itself.  I am biased being a employee but I was a life long aviation geek long before my days at WJ however this has to rank pretty high in all time special liverys.

BTW I already made a about this in the offical repaint request thread. (lets be honest about it though, concidering this ranks about 18 on a scale of 1-10 for difficulty of a repaint, I doubt we will ever see this created for the PMDG NGX... I mean where are the alaska disneys, those have been flying for years and no one has been able to paint one for the NGX)

Hideous ...

Your joking right.......    Surely you can at least appreciate just how in depth and complex this livery is though. I would love to see someone be able to keep up with the layering thats going on in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZGzaDexRYE&feature=share&list=PLmd8TjO5YJs4Z9fEbd6IG0bvDLTDsj1hB&index=2

So which heavy hitter is taking this project on? Is someone also able to create the #100Boeing737NG? It's tail 820 and Reg C-GAWS

I know a guy  B)

It should be ready in a few weeks once he is able to type #100Boeing737NG on both sides.  haha.  

We're also ATTEMPTING MagicLiner as we've dubbed it.  Don't hold your breath.  

PLAN B

I've contacted a few very talented graphic designers I work with and offered cash for the layers to be done on to the paint kit.  They have no idea what FSX is let alone the MagicPlane, but we will see.  That is how much I love the look of this thing.  

Yycvor - unfortunately i do not joke.

I can appreciate this painting from workmanship point of view, yes indeed painters have done stunning job.

As plane painting - i do not like it, i do not like funny cartoon or Disney crap on planes ...

But do not worry, this is just my private opinion, and i am minority here :)

Artur 

Yycvor - unfortunately i do not joke.

I can appreciate this painting from workmanship point of view, yes indeed painters have done stunning job.

As plane painting - i do not like it, i do not like funny cartoon or Disney crap on planes ...

But do not worry, this is just my private opinion, and i am minority here :)

I dont worry :) Your opinion is just as valid as mine or any other human being. Its not for everyone I agree, however the workmanship and level of detail is something to be admired though with out a doubt.

You're the only person I virtual-know who liked Carantee.

Ya, I didn't really 'care' for the care-antee livery either. I think it looked like a bad version of the Thomson livery.

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Ya, I didn't really 'care' for the care-antee livery either. I think it looked like a bad version of the Thomson livery.

Thomson is simpler which I prefer over the careantee one.  I don't like it at all haha but I'd fly that over careantee.  Who am I kidding?  If I got to fly any real NG it could have a picture of dog poo on it and I'd fly it.