Sign in to follow this  
styckx

FSX only showing in a portion of the screen

I just switched back to my non-surround setup

Setup

40in LED via HDMI - Set as default monitor

2x 23in LCD via DVI

It's not every single time I run FSX, I'd say 3 out of 5 times.. It looks like this. I can alt-enter to go into window mode and it adjusts itself, and then I can alt-enter back to fullscreen and everything is fine.

Things I've done to stop it

delete fsx.cfg

delete shaders

set NI to default

Reinstall Nvidia drivers

PC specs in the usual place.

Q7FrCO5.png

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Windows positions are stored in saved flight files.

Are you loading a saved flight when you see this?

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thought that myself so I emptied my saved game folder and started over.. Same thing.. I created a flight, saved, reloaded it twice without an issue, then third time it loaded just like my example above..  

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Narrowed down my culprit. Ezdok. Deleted it, removed it from exe.xml restarted fsx loading the same saved game 20 times and perfect each time. This also solved my problem with the initial FSX launch menu/screen lagging my mouse like heck for a few seconds after appearing. It also cured baytowers Rv7 from taking 1900hrs to load.. Now to find out if 1.16 does this.. Might be a 1.17 bug as I recently did upgrade to it even though it offered nothing I cared about.

So this is still occasionally happening just at a much lesser frequency..  My only guess is FSX hates HDMI, SLI, and multi monitor configurations or a core file is corrupt.. I downloaded a fresh copy of the ShadersHLSL folder w/ no luck.. I also found out when it loads werid like that in fullscreen I can actually click on the image portion of it and it fills out the rest like normal.. All while never leaving fullscreen.

Any ideas? And can you repair a FSX/Acell installation without having your scenery and terrian cfgs wiped?