Sign in to follow this  
JiBrady

Help installing VERO-FX Portland

I purchased and downloaded VERO-FX Portland.  The downloaded files have a .PHP file extension.  Can someone tell me how to install this software.  I have installed MSE and Blue Sky scenery with no problems, but these file extensions are different and I don't know what to do.

Thanks,

Jim

I still can't get it to install.  I had to change the extension to .RAR, then I was able to open the file.  However I found that all 10 of the downloadable files are exactly the same size!  I have tried to copy the scenery files into a common scenery folder but Windows shows they are the same and ask me to over wright them. I have never had so much problems installing commercial software.  Soon, I will ask for a refund unless I am offered a solution.

Jim

Try renaming each one then. Just call them 1.rar, 2.rar, etc... See if that does the trick. Thing with photoscenery is that it isn't that difficult to install. They're just bgl files. You don't a complicated install like Orbx.

Where did you buy it ??

I bought from Simmarrket   http://secure.simmarket.com/vero-portland-vancouver-photoreal-silver.phtml  13 zip files:-

10xDay, 1xNight,1xENB, 1xAutogen & Airports.

The Hard winter version  http://secure.simmarket.com/vero-portland-vancouver-photoreal-hard-winter-fsx.phtml  comprises  7 zip files

4xday, 1xNight, 1xENB, 1xAutogen & Airport Fixes.

All very straight forward to install, Manuals are included. Some Download managers may not work on some sites.

If that is the case when the option to download pops up, cancel it and let windows download it for you (Windows option usually pops up at the bottom of your screen.)

The .PHP file extensions are incomplete downloads....just pointers. Because the Download Manager you are using is incompatible with the site.

It happens to me on occasions.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

OK, I just tried the download using Windows function (disabled my download manager).  I only downloaded file 1 and 2.  Each file on disk is 716,800 KB.  Still the same size.  I downloaded from "VERO-FS official online store".  This is where I was directed.

I have sent messages to the "store" asking for help, but have not received any messages from them.  It would be nice to get some help from them.  Soon I guess I will need to contact PAYPAL for help on a refund.  I will give it a couple more days to see if the STORE responds. I did not use Simmarket.  I wonder if they could allow me to download from them?

Thanks,

Jim

The guy who runs VERO is out in the Phillipines, so my guess is, that is why there are problems with downloads and communication. Following the major storm a few weeks ago.

Think you would do well to contact Paypal, then try again at Simmarket.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Yeah I had similar issues trying to download those files. Except I kept getting kicked off from the servers. Never completed a single download. The guy was nice enough to offer a refund though.

Hi all! I was in the Philippines (now in the US) but that had nothing to do with the problem. I had Internet connection 24/7 so always able to give customer support.

We have now a new server and it seems that fixed the issues with files being renamed when delivered.

You may test it out by downloading the free scenery http://www.vero-fs.com/shop/cheasepake-bay-photoreal

Cheers

Gabriele